Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love the 70 dungeons and trails in FFXIV!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
Finally completed Extreme Susano and Lakshmi! Mechanics were fun, also liked the music in Lakshmi. Dungeons are also refreshing! Wont spoil anything, just try it :open_mouth:

MrMelGibsonPottedPlant22ConstantineMerus

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Maybe you know so I'll ask.  How are DKs in SB?  That was my main in HW.  I remember they had a few issues, so I'm curious if they've had any serious changes?
    Dragnelus
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Maybe you know so I'll ask.  How are DKs in SB?  That was my main in HW.  I remember they had a few issues, so I'm curious if they've had any serious changes?
    I havent played the drk. But healed them in ex today, no problems. But alot has changed for tanks, so I red. 
    MrMelGibson

My first earned mount from raiding, in ffxiv!

saintriku92KyleranMrMelGibsonKalebGraysonPottedPlant22GavyneConstantineMerus

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited June 2017
    Honestly, the formula will be pretty much the same as HW until 4.2 in terms of types of content. I'd personally wait until they release the 2nd deep dungeon and just catch up since you'll probably get end game weapons via doing it, which is usually the more troublesome piece of gear to get.
    Albatroes said:
    Honestly, the formula will be pretty much the same as HW until 4.2 in terms of types of content. I'd personally wait until they release the 2nd deep dungeon and just catch up since you'll probably get end game weapons via doing it, which is usually the more troublesome piece of gear to get.
    I missed all the fun in hw, never reached end lvl. Always just played a bit enjoyed the story watched all the cinematics but never reached the end. Few weeks before stormblood I was hyped and lvled my toon fast. 

Now I kinda regret I didnt played hw endgame. There is so much to do, im lvling botanist now hoping to make some money on time and buy a house in Shirogane. Fun events, pvp can be fun. Joined a friendly fc, they where happy to have a healer in the team.

• kallenskallens Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Me too! Finished Stormblood last night! It was amazing! I loved HW but SB just was on another level. The Royal Menagerie was so fun and for a normal trial really difficult.  Took a ton of SS, got a little teary eyed
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited July 2017
    kallens said:
    Me too! Finished Stormblood last night! It was amazing! I loved HW but SB just was on another level. The Royal Menagerie was so fun and for a normal trial really difficult.  Took a ton of SS, got a little teary eyed
    You finished all of the content released with Stormblood, or just the story? Were you playing a lot?

Just curious, but I really hope it was just the story, only ~1.5 weeks after its launch.

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    kallens said:
    You finished all of the content released with Stormblood, or just the story? Were you playing a lot?

Just curious, but I really hope it was just the story, only ~1.5 weeks after its launch.

There is a ton of content in Stormblood, no matter how long it takes someone to 'finish' it.

Shinryu will bend you to its will.  I'm surprised (pleasantly) that they had the guts to put a challenging Trial like that in the Main Storyline.  Good on Yoshi P and the gang for legitimately challenging their players.
    [Deleted User]
    I finished the MSQ and all content, and am now working on Omega. I saved the side quests for alts, haven't touched my other classes. I did play a lot I would say, probably 5-6 hours on weekdays and all day on weekends. 
    PottedPlant22
    MrMelGibson

New asset from the deltascape 40.0 raid!

Minion/wind up exdeath

MrMelGibson

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I'm a bit disappointed that I missed so much content in HW but the wife and I are playing through the story for that right now.

I just got burnt out of the cyclical nature of the dev cycle for the game right before HW. 

Unfortunately I won't be able to go back and experience that content as relevant and challenging anymore but that's just the nature of these newer AAA themepark games.  Everything has an expiration date.

Not necessarily an automatically bad thing as it keeps fans playing but a bit disappointing for anyone who doesn't constantly stay on top of content as it drops.
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited October 2017
    kallens said:

There is a ton of content in Stormblood, no matter how long it takes someone to 'finish' it.

Shinryu will bend you to its will.  I'm surprised (pleasantly) that they had the guts to put a challenging Trial like that in the Main Storyline.  Good on Yoshi P and the gang for legitimately challenging their players.
    "There is a ton of content in Stormblood, no matter how long it takes someone to 'finish' it."

That depends on how thin you're willing to stretch the word "content".

You have to stretch it paper thin to consider ~1.5 weeks of content "a ton" in the context of a 3-4 month update cycle, in a newly launched expansion that - supposedly - had "an increased budget".

I don't care what game you're talking about, FFXIV or otherwise, that is *not* "a ton" of content.

Good on Yoshi P and the gang for legitimately challenging their players.

Yeah... Go Yoshi-P! Way to really push and challenge your players with one whole challenging fight!

It's sad how far expectations have fallen for this game compared to what it was at 2.0, or going into 3.0.

There's a thread on the official forums started by people to *praise* and *thank* Yoshida for "apologizing" about screwing up the housing... yet again. This is a well-known and discussed issue that has existed since housing was introduced. It has bitten them in the ass at least 3 times prior to this. It's an issue Yoshida refused to address by actually fixing the root problem (crappy implementation), and instead resorts to ineffectual apologies, excuses and temporary band-aids.

At what point do these people stop accepting "apologies" and vague 'promises', and say "enough already"?
    Post edited by QuarterStack on
    Afaik, Yoshi P addressed the lack of housing issue on the OF. They are working on "something" to bring housing to more if not all people who wants one. I personally think they should implement one house per account, at least until they sort this mess out. I would love a house, and so would my FC, we have a small house, and it just is not big enough for our members
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Was there a point in necro'ing this thread that couldn't have been addressed somewhere more recent?
    kallens
    Why do you care? No need to respond if you weren't interested in the content of the post. 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    The profile picture is fitting.
    Yeh, my cards!!

Im back again. Logged in fc invted me. I went to their house sit on the couch met someone who was also sitting on the couch!

She feels at home again:

• geburahsangeburahsan Member UncommonPosts: 24
    About the tanks, Paladins have got super buffs on Stormblood and now are really good, Warrior were a bit weaker but got some extra buffs on 4.1. Meanwhile Drk is basically a downgrade of Heavensward one, got some new toys but lost a lot of its kit.

As it is now Paladin>Warrior>Drk
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Dragnelus said:
    Yeh, my cards!!

Im back again. Logged in fc invted me. I went to their house sit on the couch met someone who was also sitting on the couch!

Aww love the chairs adorable.
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Yeh, my cards!!

Aww love the chairs adorable.
    Fc house, I really hope I can have my own.

About the tanks, Paladins have got super buffs on Stormblood and now are really good, Warrior were a bit weaker but got some extra buffs on 4.1. Meanwhile Drk is basically a downgrade of Heavensward one, got some new toys but lost a lot of its kit.

As it is now Paladin>Warrior>Drk
    Thnx I will try pala. I got addicted to tanking since I played tera lancer. I did rk 9.. Woohh thats hard as a tank if you dont know mechancs. Warrior tank is ffxiv also seems cool with big axe

Krematory