Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rise of the Necromancer Now Out in North America - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageRise of the Necromancer Now Out in North America - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

Diablo 3 News - The Diablo 3 add-on, Rise of the Necromancer, is now live in North America. EU players will see the new update go live at approximately 11:00 pm CEST. The Rise of the Necromancer DLC features new zones, updates to Challenge Rifts and, of course, the new Necromancer class.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Anyone try it? Saw the official forums pretty pissed they were pushing the test realm Necro without even attempting any feedback changes.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    edited June 2017
    Not even a Necro can resurrect my will to play this game.
    Phixion13Octagon7711forcelimaBruceYeeWarlyxCalerxesXophFrodoFraginsRadooxyzercrimeand 2 others.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    I don't get it why this game looks so bad compared to all the other popular dungeon crawlers out there. Blizzard has always had nice (nothing extravagant) but time-defying graphics but this just looks kinda shitty lol. Just my thought on it but I own all the games & current expansions. Necromancer looks dope
    ForgrimmJeroKaneLife2vOzmodan
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I don't get it why this game looks so bad compared to all the other popular dungeon crawlers out there. Blizzard has always had nice (nothing extravagant) but time-defying graphics but this just looks kinda shitty lol. Just my thought on it but I own all the games & current expansions. Necromancer looks dope
    Wow -- if I compare graphics to Grim Dawn or even PoE, D3 is head and shoulders above them. Zoomed in, the detail on armor, items, critters, etc. is top notch. 

D3 has its issues for sure as compared to other games, but its graphical look isn't one of them.
    Phixion13Tintagil[Deleted User]URMAKERGhavriggJeroKaneMrMelGibsonReion1OzmodanGinazand 1 other.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Added to the list of games to fire up this week.
    SBFordPhixion13Wraithone

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

SBFord said:

Wow -- if I compare graphics to Grim Dawn or even PoE, D3 is head and shoulders above them. Zoomed in, the detail on armor, items, critters, etc. is top notch. 

D3 has its issues for sure as compared to other games, but its graphical look isn't one of them.

I thought you couldn't zoom in in D3 or have they changed that? That was one of the things I was hoping they'd change so if they have I'd luv it.
  • TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Gorwe said:
    Let's see how it stacks against Fall of Oriath(Path of Exile expansion) and <>(Grim Dawn expansion). Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Victor Vran's expansions were better. Two(in fact THREE!) and 1/4 years and...this(+Kanai) is all Blizzard releases fml! Just look how much stuff GGG released in the same time period!
    I love really enjoy D3, but you are absolutely correct. The Necro is fun and all, but it seems pretty underwhelming when looking at the Fall of Oriath for PoE. The good news is, PoE is free so I'll be getting me some of that :)
    Life2vOzmodan
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Graphics are garbage in Diablo 3, haha. You Blizzard fan boys never cease to amaze.
    JeroKaneIselinMartzehhLife2vGorweOzmodan
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I always thought graphics and atmosphere were two of D3's stronger points.
    [Deleted User]Phixion13Octagon7711SeelinnikoiMrMelGibsonMartzehhSoulsemmerGorweGinaz
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Elidien said:
    Other than PoE and Grim Dawn, no ARPG (in the same style) comes close to matching Diablo 3. It is a solid game now and admittedly it did have issues at launch. Other than the 2 aforementioned ARPG's, I have not found one that I enjoy as much. The Necro is a lot of fun and hearkens back to the the days of old with the Necro. The new zones are very atmospheric and really fun.

If the game was not Blizzard the hate would be less. What I find most interesting is that many of those criticizing the game in this thread obviously have not played it in years. And FYI - for Diablo 3 to be good or for you to like it, does not take away from PoE or Grim Dawn - both are wonderful games and enjoyable in their own right. And like D3, far from perfect as well.
    For as long as it has been out, it's rather stagnant unless you are just getting into it. The necro does not hearken to old, outside "style" and some of the same type of spells; but the play style and builds don't have the same feel from D2 and are made more to suit D3 itself rather than the class. The new zones added some new style but its the same gameplay. The events are still a quick "lore" line, spawn average adds, and boom, done. 

Let's be real - if it wasn't Blizz, it would probably sale less too... I'm one of those D2 nostalgia people and D3 did break my heart as a Blizz fan, but in the ARPG world it is a good game. Now, by Blizzard standards as the titan with WoW money - it's meh and kinda crazy this is only coming out now... 

more than likely this is probably just me though
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I have had zero motivation to play after getting all of the free stash from seasons.  I just couldn't get motivated to test the necro when I got into the beta.

They could have turned the necro into a great move if they had:

1) Added season specific themes like POE does - this would require them actually spending time where it's badly needed
    2) Gave everyone the Necromancer for free but offered MTX for extra stash and cosmetics.

It's a hard sell to get people that quit the game to pay money to come back for a gimped class.  Everything I've seen indicates it's a shell of the class it was in D2.
    Phixion13Life2v
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Stupid question.  I never played Diablo 3 and the official Diablo 3 site doesn't have a skill builder for the necro yet, but from what I can tell of how the necro's skills are grouped, is it true that summoning a golem and summoning the normal skeletons are two mutually exclusive skills?

If so, I probably won't bother.  I heard the game took a wizzard on pet summoning builds for the necro but that's just particularly dumb IMHO.  After going through tons of ARPGs and their mods, I've found that playing a minion master horde summoner without a general just isn't the same.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    You can get all things Diablo on PSN for $40 right now. It's a sweet deal and game is way more fun on a console--in my humble opinion of course. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Witch doctor does seem to make a better necro.  Necro seems to make a better vampire.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Witch doctor does seem to make a better necro.  Necro seems to make a better vampire.  
    This is exactly what my cousin said when I asked him about it since he is currently playing D3.  I will probably go back to D3 within this year and try the necro.  Too involved in other games and other things to try now.
    MrMelGibson
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

xDarkjoy said:

Graphics are garbage in Diablo 3, haha. You Blizzard fan boys never cease to amaze.

Maybe ditch that 20 year old graphics card and get a new one? ;)

I am running Diablo 3 on max settings on my 2K 27inch Monitor and it looks great.
    SoulsemmerMrMelGibsonOzmodan
  • GallaiGallai Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I would like to trade GW2 Full for Necropack
    MrMelGibsonAeander
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    The 'bashing the graphics' people are hilarious. Go play high level torment dungeons with 2 elite groups at the same time and you unleashing all your skills. I love PoE and GD and VV but they pale in comparison to the spectacle on display then. I know no ARPG that looks this good tbh.

Necro is decent so far, it has more momentum then I thought it would and I like the Golem.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Life2v[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    But this €14,99...

€14,99 in Poland it's like (for example) this DLC in Germany is with ~€65 price tag.
    So, yeah, good luck...
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007
    I already see the druid getting made. I'll take a look. Worst case scenario, $20something wasted for 15 minutes of fun. Graphics are fine I'd love a D2 game with D3 graphics. I'm one of those grandpa people who still plays Fate heh.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Personally I saved my money and donated/gave them to PoE, so as to support real effort to add proper content into their game. One class for $15 is way overpriced. Imagine the same offering coming from, say Grim Dawn, and how underwhelming it would feel, when not having the Blizzard name on the logo.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Gallai said:
    I would like to trade GW2 Full for Necropack
    I'm pretty sure that kind of thing isn't allowed here....
    [Deleted User]
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    edited June 2017
    Torval said:
    SBFord said:

How many games have the cinematic epicness of their chapter intros and transitions. I don't care that I'm repeating myself... Give me that as a full length motion picture in CGI.

For all its considerable faults, graphics, snazz and combat are not among them.  And, IMHO, nobody beats Blizz for cinematics.  In the olden days of D3, I loved getting to the end of the campaign and watching Tyrael climb those steps to become Justice.  Wow.  Gives me goose bumps.

But, every other aspect of the game is thinly developed.  PoE and GD has it beaten hands down for being actual ARPGs.  After its graphics upgrade (in the beta) PoE looks downright beautiful.  GD just patched up to pre-expansion goodness.  And Crate will deliver a Necromancer before year end. 

For ARPG fans, there's a lot out there to be happy about.  No reason not to enjoy Necro pack for the 2-3 weeks it will take for the full-on RNG grind numbness to set in.  
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Torval said:
    I think you've missed my point (or I wasn't clear enough. Would you give $15 for basically one extra class on a game that is not named Diablo?
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Elidien said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Stupid question.  I never played Diablo 3 and the official Diablo 3 site doesn't have a skill builder for the necro yet, but from what I can tell of how the necro's skills are grouped, is it true that summoning a golem and summoning the normal skeletons are two mutually exclusive skills?

If so, I probably won't bother.  I heard the game took a wizzard on pet summoning builds for the necro but that's just particularly dumb IMHO.  After going through tons of ARPGs and their mods, I've found that playing a minion master horde summoner without a general just isn't the same.
    I have not tried it on the necro but my gut tells me they are mutually exclusive. 

But if you want an army of minions, go witch doctor. My end game build right now is (I think) 4-5 zombies dogs, a gargantuan and 8 or so fetishes. And everything is built around maxing minion damage too. So much fun to play! :)
    If you watched the stream on the first night, Jessica had a golem and skeletons up at the same time.  You can mix and match any of the skillsets.
    [Deleted User]