SWL - favorite builds so far?

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 9,927
    I'm now using just an elemental build that's working really well.  I have a sword as secondary but don't use it.  My actives and passives are all ele.  Got the build off a streamer on YT.  Much much better than what I was using before.
    What do you use flr heals or is your level high enough that you don't need much healing? I found that at least in the lower levels, the cauterize heal is not enough against tougher enemies.
    When you come to a fork on the road, take it.
    You can observe a lot by just watching.
    No one goes there nowadays, it's too crowded.

-- Yogi --
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus BaatorMember RarePosts: 2,003
    I tried this game out as a "waste time, play by myself" type game and made a blade/elemental  character but then the wife and son saw me playing and decided they wanted to play so I made myself a second character using pistols and shotgun and I by FAR enjoy the pistol/shotgun guy much much more than the blade/elemental guy.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 5,742
    Iselin said:
    I'm now using just an elemental build that's working really well.  I have a sword as secondary but don't use it.  My actives and passives are all ele.  Got the build off a streamer on YT.  Much much better than what I was using before.
    What do you use flr heals or is your level high enough that you don't need much healing? I found that at least in the lower levels, the cauterize heal is not enough against tougher enemies.
    I'm lv28, had no needs for heals so far.  For some reason my ele energy goes down a lot slower than when I was using both weapons.  Mobs drop pretty fast.

"Change is the only constant."

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 9,927
    Iselin said:
    I'm lv28, had no needs for heals so far.  For some reason my ele energy goes down a lot slower than when I was using both weapons.  Mobs drop pretty fast.
    I might give that shot since there's really not all that much synergy between weapons other than the generic passives you can get from the other weapon and I can see how slotting passives for just ele could help since it does pack a punch.
    When you come to a fork on the road, take it.
    You can observe a lot by just watching.
    No one goes there nowadays, it's too crowded.

-- Yogi --
    edited July 31
    The game just got better.  After watching this video I downloaded autosprint from Curse and put it in my SWL folder and it works like a charm.  Whenever I come out of combat the mod auto applies sprint.  No more frozen character yea!  :smile:

Post edited by Octagon7711 on
    TorvalRedfeather75

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    I might give that shot since there's really not all that much synergy between weapons other than the generic passives you can get from the other weapon and I can see how slotting passives for just ele could help since it does pack a punch.
    Hope it works out for you.  I've found just using heat and cold skills saves a lot of energy.