Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gloria Victis - The Combat Update is Live! - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageGloria Victis - The Combat Update is Live! - MMORPG.com

It is a pleasure for Black Eye Games to announce that the long-awaited Gloria Victis combat update is finally live! Introducing brand new motion-captured animations, reworked controller and new synchronization system. The update brings the entire gameplay to a new level, enhancing immersion and focus on the player’s own skill, adding a lot to the idea of the skill-based PVP. So, what is the combat update about?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Definitely keeps chugging along with content and fixes that the community asks for. I look forward to popping back in later this Summer to see how much it's changed.
    Viper482adrian87bv
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Goes slowly but in the direction the community wants, will check it out I already had it before Steam EA.
    Viper482bcbully
  • PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Last time I see this game only playing 80-100 guys....

l2p

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    edited June 2017
    This really was a huge turnoff for me (crap animations), going to check these improvements out.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065

DMKano said:

Would be nice if the front page had a SPONSORED tag.

It says "developer journal", who did you expect the author was?
    DistopiaforcelimamgilbrtsnKryn
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I still remember when I bought in for 10 nearly 3 years ago. Pretty amazing how they keep improving. We might be watching Text book inde development.
    forcelima
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I bought this game a while back, will have to check this out.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172

DMKano said:

Viper482 said:

DMKano said:

What would be the harm of adding SPONSORED in the title?

Additional clarity is not welcomed why?

Here look at what I am talking about:

Wouldn't it be a lot clearer to include both "developer journal" and "sponsored" in the title?

Looking at that title it's not so clear IMO

Why? To satisfy you? I figured it out just fine.
    Viper482forcelimaAlomarSovrathDistopia
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    So... does this game has a good magic system? :)
    I-SEE-U
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Mitara said:

So... does this game has a good magic system? :)

There is witchcraft in the lore of the world but they havent expanded on it game play wise
    Whelp, I played, got in a bunch of dudes pushing another group of players in a bridge, like 15-20 people and I went 6 FPS trying to slide-show hitting people with my bow.

The clunkiness I remember is still there for PvP sadly, the combat looks improved though.
    Nilden
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Kryn said:

DMKano said:

Viper482 said:

DMKano said:

Wouldn't it be a lot clearer to include both "developer journal" and "sponsored" in the title?

Why? To satisfy you? I figured it out just fine.
    It is fine.  Sounds like typical derailing of thread for foolishness.

I self identify as a monkey.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Yeah it's pretty much a little nicer clunkfest.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    DMKano said:

Oh everyone figured it out just fine AFTER clicking on the link. How many did before from just looking at title alone (which as shown in my picture on main page has no tags whatsoever)

So what I am saying is if the original title on the main page had a real SPONSORED tag - how many would have clicked on that link?

yeah

And that is the real answer why.

Firstly it says DEV journal plain as day in bright yellow font for all to see in that image. 

Secondly: who would still click on it? Just about anyone who did already that was interested in the CU for GV.... WHy would "sponsored" matter there? Do you not read things simply because they say that? 
    Viper482

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    The real question is why post 2 different articles covering the same topic in 2 days? http://www.mmorpg.com/gloria-victis/videos/new-combat-system-goes-live-check-out-improved-action-1000005420
    The combat system isn't that much better than what it was before, I thought they was going to add 4 directional blocking to match the 4 directional attacking they borrowed from Mount & Blade but noo, its still a static block just angled and you have move your body around for the so called "directional" blocking and it only "works" in pvp. Not enough to make me want to stop playing Warband and invest more time in GV. And with Bannerlord just around the corner I doubt I will play this much.
  • JippiijooJippiijoo Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited June 2017

DMKano said:

People these days whine and cry about everything, i guess its serious stuff, oh well its amusing atleast.

But about the game and why i want to whine is that while the animations are looking good and going to right direction it is still not good enough for me to play, it is still the same lag fest what it became at some point for whatever reason, until they fix the lag i will stay away, but i hope it will be fixed because it is a good low fantasy, non anime, non tab target game.
    Nilden said:
    Yeah it's pretty much a little nicer clunkfest.
    What is sad because being a more smooth experience for sure makes it enjoyable. But for now I also wait for the LiF MMO.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

DMKano said:

Viper482 said:

DMKano said:

I think what would be way better is some clarity on what type of game the news is about. I often have to search online and spend a lot of time to see what a game is. Why does everyone seem to hate labels so much? I'm only interested in mmorpgs, and only pc ones (not mmos or mobas or whatever else there is). What should be clear is now just a huge waste of time researching what something is.
    Mitara
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242

Distopia said:

DMKano said:

Oh everyone figured it out just fine AFTER clicking on the link. How many did before from just looking at title alone (which as shown in my picture on main page has no tags whatsoever)

So what I am saying is if the original title on the main page had a real SPONSORED tag - how many would have clicked on that link?

yeah

And that is the real answer why.

Firstly it says DEV journal plain as day in bright yellow font for all to see in that image. 

Secondly: who would still click on it? Just about anyone who did already that was interested in the CU for GV.... WHy would "sponsored" matter there? Do you not read things simply because they say that? 

Don't be a tool, not all developer journals have to be sponsored. Sponsored content is often super bloated with exaggerated opinions because the writer/poster likes the revenue gained from it.

If it's sponsored, add a sponsored title. If it's a dev journal, add a title for that.

Seriously, don't be a tool.

Love you DMKano
    Mitara
  • I-SEE-UI-SEE-U Member CommonPosts: 9

Piscore said:

i play this every night and i fight in a group of 15 to 20 in my guild alone and we go ageist up to 20 to 25 so its very active its a big map and player driven so in my view its a great game that has a lot of player
  • I-SEE-UI-SEE-U Member CommonPosts: 9

I-SEE-U said:

Piscore said:

i play this every night and i fight in a group of 15 to 20 in my guild alone and we go ageist up to 20 to 25 so its very active its a big map and player driven so in my view its a great game that has a lot of player

and thats just my time zone and its the quiets time zone to play i would love top grow this game as its great

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    You do know that there is an option to edit your posts if you forgot to add something? It would be the little gear wheel in upper right side of post that says settings when you scroll over it.