Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surprise Patch Paves the Way for Expansion Later This Year - Grim Dawn - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageSurprise Patch Paves the Way for Expansion Later This Year - Grim Dawn - MMORPG.com

Grim Dawn News - Crate Entertainment caught Grim Dawn players off guard with the release of the v1.0.1.0 patch that paves the way for the game's first expansion later this year. Every class has undergone a tuning pass and a number of quality of life improvements have been added to streamline game play.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

herb7knapp

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Interesting...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    i wish this game was an mmo
    herb7knappBartDaCatMyrdynn

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Forgot I have this in my Steam LIbrary. Maybe I should play it now. 
    herb7knapp
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    There are few ARPGs that capture my attention and keep me coming back but this descendant of Titan Quest definitely ranks up there as one of them on my list of the top ARPGs of all time.

If there's one thing I dislike it's the fact that there are so many combinations of classes and skills yet the ability to respect your character is limited to the skills within the skill trees despite the multiple areas where points are spent on important attributes that impact end game. I hope they address this is near-future content.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited June 2017
    Gorwe said:
    At least they have better difficulty balance than Torchlight. That thing, even though it offers you an OPTION(quite unlike GD), has such a broken difficulty design...

Besides that, I never understood why people praise GD(must be because it is "indie" /meh). It's merely TQ reskin so they could continue working on it. BUT! There is this thing called "Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition", so what's the point? Besides, you can still play Diablo 2(and Median I guess), so...? /confused
    Summoner skills/classes don't scale properly or have decent itemization in Titan Quest.  It's so ingrained into the game's systems that even mods can't fix it completely.

BartDaCat said:
    There are few ARPGs that capture my attention and keep me coming back but this descendant of Titan Quest definitely ranks up there as one of them on my list of the top ARPGs of all time.

If there's one thing I dislike it's the fact that there are so many combinations of classes and skills yet the ability to respect your character is limited to the skills within the skill trees despite the multiple areas where points are spent on important attributes that impact end game. I hope they address this is near-future content.
    Yea, when the expansion hits and new gear comes out, it'll come with new stat requirements.  If I don't see a way to legally respec stats after that, I probably won't bother buying the expansion.
  • shane242shane242 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    edited June 2017

DMKano said:

time007 said:

Theyd have to redesign the entire game to make it into a MMO which would ruin what they have now.

So IMO - leave it as is - what they have is great, work on making it better

Just wish it had dedicated hosting and player data stored on the servers, like d2 battle.net. Not an MMO as such. But an persistent online hack free experience. But yeah, quite a fair amount of work at this stage
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    the player driven addons is what makes this game imo
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    shane242 said:

DMKano said:

time007 said:

Theyd have to redesign the entire game to make it into a MMO which would ruin what they have now.

Just wish it had dedicated hosting and player data stored on the servers, like d2 battle.net. Not an MMO as such. But an persistent online hack free experience. But yeah, quite a fair amount of work at this stage
    ^^^this 1000% 

lack of dedicate hosting is the number 1 thing i dislike about the game
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Pemmin said:

shane242 said:

DMKano said:

time007 said:

Just wish it had dedicated hosting and player data stored on the servers, like d2 battle.net. Not an MMO as such. But an persistent online hack free experience.

But yeah, quite a fair amount of work at this stage

^^^this 1000% 

lack of dedicate hosting is the number 1 thing i dislike about the game

thats the best thing about it, the MODS without that the game is really stale