Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to milk $hroud of the Avatar.

13»

Comments

• Aron_SwordmasterAron_Swordmaster Member UncommonPosts: 181

"What is not a Ponzi scheme
    A bubble: A "bubble" is about re-selling. A bubble is when people buy up all of a product they can, to re-sell it all at a higher price, as many times as they can.
    Multi-level marketing: Multi-level marketing (MLM) is when companies sell investors things to re-sell directly to customers. Re-sellers can also make money by referring new re-sellers to the company"

And which one does Shroud do...?

I've already quoted this too you. You're even using my own link, you ridiculous man.

Oh, and neither of those lists "The company buys back what it sells to the customer". Can't you even tell you're quoting something which directly contradicts what you just claimed?
    Ice-Queen
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Vrika said:
    Where, anywhere at all in the definition listed does it claim the organisation buys back its own produce at a higher price than it first sold it to its marketers?
    In here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

"the operator generates returns for older investors through revenue paid by new investors"

The operator of ponzi scheme pays investors profits for their investment. If a third party pays investors profit then it's a bubble:

Seriously, just sod off.

Your line "pays investors profits" doesn't appear in the article at all. It says nothing like that. You're just making it up. You're literally taking the definition and redefining it into something else just so you don't have to admit you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
    "Return on Investment (ROI) is the benefit to an investor resulting from an investment of some resource"
    "Return on investment = Net income / Investment"

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_on_investment

When something "generates returns for investors"  that means profit, except if the return is negative which means loss.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited July 2017
    Vrika said:
    Where, anywhere at all in the definition listed does it claim the organisation buys back its own produce at a higher price than it first sold it to its marketers?
    In here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

"the operator generates returns for older investors through revenue paid by new investors"

The operator of ponzi scheme pays investors profits for their investment. If a third party pays investors profit then it's a bubble:

Seriously, just sod off.

Your line "pays investors profits" doesn't appear in the article at all. It says nothing like that. You're just making it up

This is a good description from Australian Securities & Investments Commission:

"How ponzi schemes work

Here is an example of how a ponzi scheme works and it is shown in the table below. In January, the promoter convinces Katie to invest $100,000 in his scheme. The promoter then pays Katie $10,000 each month using Katie's own money.

As Katie receives $10,000 each month she doesn't suspect anything is wrong and happily recruits friends and work colleagues to invest too. After 3 months, Katie's neighbour Adam decides to invest $100,000 after hearing about Katie's great returns.

After both Katie and Adam have invested their savings, the returns continue to come in April. But in May they don't hear anything from the promoter. They try to contact him but his number has been disconnected.

The promoter has taken off leaving two devastated people in his wake. Katie lost $70,000 and Adam lost $90,000. The promoter got $160,000 out of the scheme.

This is example has only two victims but in reality these schemes can have dozens or even hundreds of victims.

Katie and Adam invest in a ponzi scheme

MonthKatieAdam
    JanuaryInvests $100,000-
    February$10,000 returned-
    March$10,000 returnedInvests $100,000
    April$10,000 returned$10,000 returned
    MayNo contactNo contact

Source: https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/scams/investment-scams/ponzi-schemes

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Those guys, along with the ones from Star Citizen, must simple ... walk away from this business. BUT , as long as there are naive players who are easily "brainwashed" by those scam "dev's" , they will keep staying .

Sad, but MMOs are gone and now every "dev" who , in the past , didn't had a chance in the business, are now milking the remaining cows , erm .. whales :)
    Rawyn

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Gotta hand it to Garriott and Co.  Looks like they've hooked the ultimate whale.  Not only is he a Portalarium investor and board member, he's also on the board with SeedInvest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudoftheavatar_raw/comments/6qnvea/portalarium_investor_bradley_harrison/

Jebus Christ! Is there even a meme for that?  Using your investors to crowdfund for investors while you crowdfund with a crowdfund?  How does that even work?

LeFantomeIce-QueenRawyn
  • HachlathHachlath Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Hi i'm done with this one. deleted from my steam account. Lost 45 euros.
    made a last try this day, a total disaster
    Ice-QueenRawynLeFantomeAron_Swordmaster
  • RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    edited August 2017
    Hachlath said:
    Hi i'm done with this one. deleted from my steam account. Lost 45 euros.
    made a last try this day, a total disaster
    Now kickback and enjoy the never ending trainwreck of entertainment as it finishes crashing and burning after they say it's released. Watching them fail over and over and keep making stupid decisions is much funner than the game. I can't wait to see the whale tears and the blame game as it closes for good lol.
    blorpykinsLeFantome