Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With Sony's indie support in question, developers at E3 weigh in

SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Comments

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    SEANMCAD said:
    I personally would rather see them focus on games like Days Gone over some 8 bit indie stuff like Burly men on boats or whatever its called. So I don't see any issues with Sony on this front. 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    SEANMCAD said:
    I personally would rather see them focus on games like Days Gone over some 8 bit indie stuff like Burly men on boats or whatever its called. So I don't see any issues with Sony on this front. 
    your impresion of indies is based on reality from 1995. Its very different now.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2017
    Sony's indie support is not in question. I think Jim Ryan could have worded his comment better.
    They wont stop supporting indies, but indies don't sell consoles, indies don't sell handhelds, and indies certainly don't sell PCs. Support for indies will be there, but killer apps should be the priority.
    RexKushman

Sony's indie support is not in question. I think Jim Ryan could have worded his comment better.
    They wont stop supporting indies, but indies don't sell consoles, indies don't sell handhelds, and indies certainly don't sell PCs. Support for indies will be there, but killer apps should be the priority.
    the article is clearly highlighting different reasons why it said what it did in the title. could you address those instead?

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    If you saw my steam catalog you wouldn't thing so. Of the 200+ games on there probably 1/3 are indie and e/a games. Things like 7d2d, Rust, Ark, Empyrion, Hellion, Space Engineers etc.. im a big fan of indie games.  But when it comes to big gaming expos and events im looking for bigger studios and games. Just personal preference is all.

Agree 100%. These types of events are where i go to see whats new from the big developers, not to see what the Fun Pimps have planned for alpha version 50000 of 7d2d.

edited June 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    If you saw my steam catalog you wouldn't thing so. Of the 200+ games on there probably 1/3 are indie and e/a games. Things like 7d2d, Rust, Ark, Empyrion, Hellion, Space Engineers etc.. im a big fan of indie games.  But when it comes to big gaming expos and events im looking for bigger studios and games. Just personal preference is all.
    you have those games and yet you felt it was clever to make a snide statement about 8bit games?

really?

oh and by the way....I dont consider spam buying games randomly on Steam as a qualifier of knowing what your talking about when it comes to games