Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secret World Legends

MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
I tried to post this in the SWL forum, but just get a 404 error when trying to load it.  So I'm asking here in general gaming.  Any idea what time on the 23rd (Early Acess) we will be able to download the game and play?  Any links would be appreciated.  Thanks in Advance.

BTW, what class/weapon are you guys going?  

In the original TSW I used sword with chaos magic.  Not sure if you can do 2 weapons in SWL, but I think this time I'll go with 2 handed hammer and if I can pick a second probably shotgun or Chaos magic.

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited June 2017
    Not sure if this also means for us:

I wanna make a healer. Only no idea what weapons.

Edit: Still no mail :( 

MrMelGibson

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I think that's just the live stream time.  It could very well be the opening gates for us as well.  But I somehow doubt it.  

From what I've gathered, every weapon has some form of healing.  Blood magic and Assault rifle seem like the best healers though to me.  I could be wrong though.
    I also have the SWL launcher installed, it just hasn't downloaded anything yet since the servers are offline.  
  • CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136
    edited June 2017
    still no email here for headstart :(

edit* Just for the ch. 3 of the ARG puzzle :P
    I'm hoping when I wake up that email will be waiting for me lol.  Well good night people.  Hopefully when I wake up you'll be playing already :smile:
    Dragnelus
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited June 2017
    I think that's just the live stream time.  It could very well be the opening gates for us as well.  But I somehow doubt it.  

From what I've gathered, every weapon has some form of healing.  Blood magic and Assault rifle seem like the best healers though to me.  I could be wrong though.
    Well they said:

I guess meeting them ingame for the goodies during twitch means it opens when twitch starts?

Dragnelus said:

Well they said:

I guess meeting them ingame for the goodies during twitch means it opens when twitch starts?

I'm not really getting that from the tweet tbh.  I mean, you could be right.  But nothing in that tweet tells me that headstart starts at the same time as this live event.

it says 1PM EDT June 23rd .. lets see . .
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Tried it, Doesn't even connect properly LOL...

Funcom always has issues with their games like this.
    Excession
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I tried to post this in the SWL forum, but just get a 404 error when trying to load it.  So I'm asking here in general gaming.  Any idea what time on the 23rd (Early Acess) we will be able to download the game and play?  Any links would be appreciated.  Thanks in Advance.

BTW, what class/weapon are you guys going?  

I'm taking a trip down memory lane and recreating my original Templar. Sword and Pistols. It wasn't a particularly effective build back then, but I enjoyed the flair it had. Hopefully it'll be a bit better this time around.
    MrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

btw

<<< Dragon here with sword/Ele the ninja way ;)
    edited June 2017
    So apparently headstart doesn't start till 1600.  Let's hope it won't be delayed even longer.
    Octagon7711
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2017
    DId they say if Legends will keep TSW decks?

If so, i'll check out a Dragon Assassin (pistol, blood magic), a Templar Preacher (blood magic, blade) or Templar Magus (Elemental, Shotgun).

Those had my favorite Deck costumes in TSW.
    MrMelGibson

If so, i'll check out a Dragon Assassin (pistol, blood magic), a Templar Preacher (blood magic, blade) or Templar Magus (Elemental, Shotgun).

Honestly, I haven't been able to find out much about the decks for SWL.  I'm not even sure if you have 2 weapons still.  If anyone has any concrete info on it, I would love to hear it.

Honestly, I haven't been able to find out much about the decks for SWL.  I'm not even sure if you have 2 weapons still.  If anyone has any concrete info on it, I would love to hear it.
    You definitely still have two weapons. The mechanics have changed a little, but it's still there.
    Decks I have no idea on. I didn't see them in the beta, but I didn't test it extensively.
    MrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I don't think there were decks in the beta, however just picking your first job would give you an achievement for equipping a matching pair of weapons.
    So it's highly likely that they will bring back decks for fast job swaps.
    MrMelGibson
    Harbinger of Fools
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Torval said:

There is not a deck system, but the weapons and passives are still there. You choose a "class" at creation which is a preset main and offhand weapon loadout. 
    Thats a bummer, it looks like they will be selling the outfits in the cash shop if they removed the decks. It was nice to use a "class" loadout and unlock its respective outfit in TSW.

Torval said:
    I'll try and answer a few of your questions.

Check their twitter / facebook feed for status updates. As of now the servers are open to patch the game client and you can login at 16:00 EST.

There is not a deck system, but the weapons and passives are still there. You choose a "class" at creation which is a preset main and offhand weapon loadout. You can't necessarily start with any combo you want, but you can unlock other weapons.

One thing that has changed is how weapons work. Every weapon has a particular mechanic associated with it. There are resources to manage along with the weapon mechanic to increase damage or utility effects. There's a lot to it so I'm not going to confuse things any more with a sorry attempt to explain it. I haven't even used all the weapons so my knowledge is very limited, but that's the general gist of it.

I'm going to roll Templar to start I think and my class choice is the mage loadout: elemental / chaos. It's a pretty powerful setup. Assault rifles are another popular setup. At least I saw a ton of people with ARs. The other popular one was the blood primary.

Crafting and itemization is different so take time to understand it before dumping a ton effort into leveling a crappy weapon. In addition to your character leveling you will level your gear too by infusing weapon drops and "xp pills" into them. I sort of screwed this up when I first started and wasted a ton of drops dumped into a weapon I didn't keep.

You might be tempted to unlock lots of different traits and skills at the start, but I would recommend focusing a bit. Focus on the weapon loadout you started with, or one you're sure you want to go down if you have others unlocked. That can go a long way to being effective for more challenging encounters and dungeons. Once you get something viable setup then branch out. Of course, that's just my opinion.
    Awesome summery my friend.  Really appreciate you taking the time to explain all of this.  I'm happy that we will have 2 weapons still.  I think I will go sword/chaos or hammer/chaos.  The former was what I used in TSW.
    [Deleted User]
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

There is not a deck system, but the weapons and passives are still there. You choose a "class" at creation which is a preset main and offhand weapon loadout. 
    Thats a bummer, it looks like they will be selling the outfits in the cash shop if they removed the decks. It was nice to use a "class" loadout and unlock its respective outfit in TSW.

Well there's more to it. You can get cosmetic pieces from completing investigation missions. You can get museum pieces from other sources. There is more to how the currencies and cosmetics work. It's not quite so simple as this way or that way. It's a combination of ways and I'm sure they'll try and dip their fingers in your pocket at some point.

Also you can import most all of the cosmetics, mounts, and pets from your TSW account into your SWL account. There is a news article about how to do this. Read it carefully. It's a bit more complicated, like their other stuff lol.
    You're right.  Here's the link.

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/legacy-transfers/
    [Deleted User]
  • ookibakaookibaka Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Can someone tell me how to buy Aurum (cash shop currency)? I'm trying to get another character slot and have no idea how to purchase the Aurum I need to get it.
    Can someone tell me how to buy Aurum (cash shop currency)? I'm trying to get another character slot and have no idea how to purchase the Aurum I need to get it.
    Um not sure if they have it setup in the new version, but the old TSW version had a button in the Cash Shop to buy it, I suppose maybe you have to buy it with the old secret world then when you merge them it transfers it over?

I am still waiting for mine to upgrade.
    Ok, I figured it out.  You can't sub or buy Aurum till you get to Agartha.  
    WOW that's pretty lame especially for long time customers, but hey at least they do something to prevent fraud unlike some games or at least try to lol.
    Renoaku said:
    WOW that's pretty lame especially for long time customers, but hey at least they do something to prevent fraud unlike some games or at least try to lol.
    The old Secret World had it too if I'm not mistaken, or similar enough anyway. You used to be unable to open the store until you got to Kingsmouth I think. And you couldn't claim any items until then either.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson