So has this game really improved a lot?

RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,402
I have honestly tried this game over the years 3 times, and uninstalled it every single time, the Combat got boring for me always having to target a single mob with a button on a controller, and click to attack and all that lol.

And because of the lack of good housing features, and outdated glamour system that takes up so many spaces rather than offering a better system like Guild Wars 2...

I have honestly been thinking about throwing $15 back into the game or whatever just to go try it again and see if its improved? 

Is it possible to play this game with just a keyboard and mouse decently yet instead of controller using a similar setup to League OF Legends game-play for casting spells and targeting and stuff.

I more-less like the way Guild Wars 2 handles the targeting combat more, but the Crafting system on GW2 still sucks its not as good, and many other things that just aren't what they could be.

Comments

• SeariasSearias Edmonton, ABMember UncommonPosts: 741
    I did not like the game before, bought it when the game first came out and couldn't get a character to over level 30 and left. I came back to the game for Stormblood and once I got my character to over level 35 the combat actually got a lot better and now I finished the Heavensward expansion content and moving on to Stormblood and enjoying every minute of it. .You should sign up for a trial account and try it out first before spending money. 
    MrMelGibson

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,402
    edited June 22
    Searias said:
    I did not like the game before, bought it when the game first came out and couldn't get a character to over level 30 and left. I came back to the game for Stormblood and once I got my character to over level 35 the combat actually got a lot better and now I finished the Heavensward expansion content and moving on to Stormblood and enjoying every minute of it. .You should sign up for a trial account and try it out first before spending money. 
    Yeah I know but id Rather not open multiple accounts when they could just offer something like an unlimited trial up to like level 10 for everyone or something.

And yeah I could always just a couple of character boosts but wouldn't buy the story skip content <3 one of my favorite things in the game was crafting things though but it was somewhat limited by battle levels at the time that got boring.

And getting gil as a new player without leveling crafting was a bitch, so I find that  being able to boost one character to 60 then level crafting / gathering up is an easy way to play the market and make gil.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Panama City, FLMember RarePosts: 1,480
    It hasn't.  There have been some minor QoL improvements but nothing foundational has changed.  It's still very much WoW with some minor differences.
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Kansas City, MOMember UncommonPosts: 659
    I liked a lot of aspects of the game, but they lock classes and other content behind long quests, which is annoying as hell.
    Phry

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• FishForceFishForce PrivateMember UncommonPosts: 17
    I like the game alot... but if you tried it earlyer this year it probbly has not changed much for you.
    If you did not like it back then you probbly wont like it now.
  • Teak2112Teak2112 Member CommonPosts: 13
    It hasn't.  There have been some minor QoL improvements but nothing foundational has changed.  It's still very much WoW with some minor differences.
    Its almost nothing like WoW at all other than its a theme park.