So has this game really improved a lot?

RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,284
I have honestly tried this game over the years 3 times, and uninstalled it every single time, the Combat got boring for me always having to target a single mob with a button on a controller, and click to attack and all that lol.

And because of the lack of good housing features, and outdated glamour system that takes up so many spaces rather than offering a better system like Guild Wars 2...

I have honestly been thinking about throwing $15 back into the game or whatever just to go try it again and see if its improved? 

Is it possible to play this game with just a keyboard and mouse decently yet instead of controller using a similar setup to League OF Legends game-play for casting spells and targeting and stuff.

I more-less like the way Guild Wars 2 handles the targeting combat more, but the Crafting system on GW2 still sucks its not as good, and many other things that just aren't what they could be.

Comments

• SeariasSearias Edmonton, ABMember UncommonPosts: 741
    I did not like the game before, bought it when the game first came out and couldn't get a character to over level 30 and left. I came back to the game for Stormblood and once I got my character to over level 35 the combat actually got a lot better and now I finished the Heavensward expansion content and moving on to Stormblood and enjoying every minute of it. .You should sign up for a trial account and try it out first before spending money. 

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,284
    edited June 22
    Searias said:
    I did not like the game before, bought it when the game first came out and couldn't get a character to over level 30 and left. I came back to the game for Stormblood and once I got my character to over level 35 the combat actually got a lot better and now I finished the Heavensward expansion content and moving on to Stormblood and enjoying every minute of it. .You should sign up for a trial account and try it out first before spending money. 
    Yeah I know but id Rather not open multiple accounts when they could just offer something like an unlimited trial up to like level 10 for everyone or something.

And yeah I could always just a couple of character boosts but wouldn't buy the story skip content <3 one of my favorite things in the game was crafting things though but it was somewhat limited by battle levels at the time that got boring.

And getting gil as a new player without leveling crafting was a bitch, so I find that  being able to boost one character to 60 then level crafting / gathering up is an easy way to play the market and make gil.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Panama City, FLMember RarePosts: 1,422
    It hasn't.  There have been some minor QoL improvements but nothing foundational has changed.  It's still very much WoW with some minor differences.