Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Physical Deluxe Edition Announced for Worldwide Distribution - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imagePhysical Deluxe Edition Announced for Worldwide Distribution - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

Fortnite News - Gearbox and Epic have signed a deal to bring a physical Deluxe Edition of Fortnite to retailers worldwide. This special edition features Heroes, weapons, boosts, Early Access, head-start and more. It is available on PlayStation 4, XBox One and PC for $59.99. US retailers include Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Gamestop.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Does this game have online multiplayer?
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Yes and yes.
    MaxBacon
  • DarkharmonyDarkharmony Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Seriously hope Gearbox doesn't screw this up with forcing Epic to publish garbage. They've messed up games in the past. Liked it when it was just a digital title.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Oh look! A physical game copy! \o/
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    $60 for a tower defense game.... ouch.

Sanctum and Sanctum 2 are two really cool 4 player coop tower defense games for only about $10 bucks. They serve the same purpose as Fortnite.

I don't think the ability to create a fortress from scratch in Fortnite is enough to bump the price up that high.

Just my opinion. This could easily be a $30 dollar game... maybe $40.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Sanctum and Sanctum 2 are two really cool 4 player coop tower defense games for only about $10 bucks. They serve the same purpose as Fortnite.

I don't think the ability to create a fortress from scratch in Fortnite is enough to bump the price up that high.

Yeah that price is steep, especially for Wal-Mart and Target.

The art style of the game would probably get some grannies and moms to buy it as a present for relatives but that price no bueno.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766

It's actually free to play but yeah games just sell themselves the early access phases even if F2P at release.

Though I like physical copies because it has the ownership/collectible aspect to it, these days our game libraries are made of pixels gg