Can you play now....

DonY81DonY81 RochesterMember UncommonPosts: 394
Cant wait anymore for MMOs. All seem to be taking a bloody lifetime to release so I am dabbling between either trying to see if I can buy into EA with this or Crowfall. Only thing with Crowfall is it seems very dependent on playing with others and seeing that I spend so much time working I am not sure if its good for me. 

Can you play this now?
I like the look of it..

image
PhryMrMelGibsonNanfoodle

Comments

  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,222
    Come back in a few years, maybe EA by then
    PhryMrMelGibson

    On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - Screw off-grid PVE boosting changes

    In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon


  • iLucieiLucie Member CommonPosts: 3
    DonY81 said:
    Cant wait anymore for MMOs. All seem to be taking a bloody lifetime to release so I am dabbling between either trying to see if I can buy into EA with this or Crowfall. Only thing with Crowfall is it seems very dependent on playing with others and seeing that I spend so much time working I am not sure if its good for me. 

    Can you play this now?
    I like the look of it..
    Hello, the 1st Alpha phase is sheduled for end of 2018 - the one you could buy into with Kickstarter and prolly will be able to yet with their website funding campaign extension, which starts in a week from now.

    They would like to release the game before 2020.
  • ste2000ste2000 londonMember EpicPosts: 6,194
    Are you kidding?
    AoC is still pretty much on paper, there is nothing to play.
    It will take another 2-3 years before you can play the Alpha.

    Crowfall is your best bet at the moment.

    PhryMrMelGibson

  • iLucieiLucie Member CommonPosts: 3
    Friends&Family will be later this year, and Closed Alpha (invitations only + key winners) which is under NDA is for Q4 2017 - that is few months from now. They already have some prealpha gameplay footage. Yes the game is still far from being finished, but not completely at the starting line either. :smile:
    Phry
  • DonY81DonY81 RochesterMember UncommonPosts: 394
    ste2000 said:
    Are you kidding?
    AoC is still pretty much on paper, there is nothing to play.
    It will take another 2-3 years before you can play the Alpha.

    Crowfall is your best bet at the moment.

    Ste have you tried Crowfall?
    What do you think?

    image
  • ste2000ste2000 londonMember EpicPosts: 6,194
    DonY81 said:
    ste2000 said:
    Are you kidding?
    AoC is still pretty much on paper, there is nothing to play.
    It will take another 2-3 years before you can play the Alpha.

    Crowfall is your best bet at the moment.

    Ste have you tried Crowfall?
    What do you think?
    Nope, I am not buying into EA anymore, I am done paying money to test a game.
    But on paper Crowfall is actually pretty good, I prefer it to any of the other MMOs in development right now except for Pantheon which is the game I really want to play.

    The problem with Crowfall is that it is a PvP game with very little PvE, and from what I gather from your OP it looks like you are looking for a Casual PvE game.
    If that's not the case I would give Crowfall a go since you seems so keen in trying a new game.

    DonY81MrMelGibson

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,361
    You can join the community and hang out and socialize.

    Create an account here: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ and post on the forums here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/

    You can join the Discord chat here: https://discordapp.com/invite/ashesofcreation

    blueturtle13
    Avatar Artist: The Who
    Album: The Who Sell Out
    Featured Tracks: Heinz Baked Beans, Our Love Was, Hall of the Mountain King (the first and most awesome rock version)
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member RarePosts: 1,707
    Early access will be available in 2018.  And 2019.  And 2020.  And 2021.  And 2022.  And 2023.  And...
    KyleranSpottyGekkojefftp
  • ste2000ste2000 londonMember EpicPosts: 6,194
    Torval said:
    You can join the community and hang out and socialize.

    Create an account here: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ and post on the forums here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/

    You can join the Discord chat here: https://discordapp.com/invite/ashesofcreation

    Or if you like Drama, you can join the Shroud of the Avatar Forum on Reddit (the unofficial one)

    https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudoftheavatar/

    Have fun.

    Azaron_Nightblade

  • SeariasSearias Edmonton, ABMember UncommonPosts: 741
    ste2000 said:
    Are you kidding?
    AoC is still pretty much on paper, there is nothing to play.
    It will take another 2-3 years before you can play the Alpha.

    Crowfall is your best bet at the moment.

    They said that Ashes of Creation will be at pax prime and people will be able to play a version of it during that event.

    <InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,361
    ste2000 said:
    Torval said:
    You can join the community and hang out and socialize.

    Create an account here: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ and post on the forums here: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/

    You can join the Discord chat here: https://discordapp.com/invite/ashesofcreation

    Or if you like Drama, you can join the Shroud of the Avatar Forum on Reddit (the unofficial one)

    https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudoftheavatar/

    Have fun.

    None of that little league stuff for me. These are my favorite reddits for real drama. 
    wacky drama-
    https://www.reddit.com/r/KenM/

    IT insanity drama-
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/

    the zen place (intellectual drama)-
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/

    Avatar Artist: The Who
    Album: The Who Sell Out
    Featured Tracks: Heinz Baked Beans, Our Love Was, Hall of the Mountain King (the first and most awesome rock version)
  • Texas7Texas7 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    You can register and become part of the Community and have a chance to win an Alpha key for later this year.

    Unlike it happens in other MMO's, AoC's community is awesome. I have no experience of toxic members. People help each other and the atmosphere is joyful and playful. You can also play the forums minigame and get in touch with the devs themselves.

    If you want to register there is a link in my signature to the official website (it's my ref), or just go to the website yourself. I hope new members get an Alpha key. The more the merrier.
    Torval
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 792
    edited June 17
    Texas7 said:
    Unlike it happens in other MMO's, AoC's community is awesome. I have no experience of toxic members. People help each other and the atmosphere is joyful and playful. You can also play the forums minigame and get in touch with the devs themselves.


    Yes It's always like that in most forums during early development, then when the game gets into beta, god forbid open beta then all hell breaks lose.
    Post edited by Maurgrim on
    TorvalSpottyGekkoKyleran
  • Texas7Texas7 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    edited June 17
    Maurgrim said:
    Texas7 said:
    Unlike it happens in other MMO's, AoC's community is awesome. I have no experience of toxic members. People help each other and the atmosphere is joyful and playful. You can also play the forums minigame and get in touch with the devs themselves.


    Yes It's always like that in most forums during early development, then when the game gets into beta, god forbid open beta then all hell breaks lose.
    Yeah, that's quite true. But let me believe this won't be the case with AoC. The guys at Intrepid are doing a good job trying to create a healthy environment for the community. They have succeeded so far. Hopefully, it will stay that way.
    Post edited by Texas7 on
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,361
    Maurgrim said:
    Texas7 said:
    Unlike it happens in other MMO's, AoC's community is awesome. I have no experience of toxic members. People help each other and the atmosphere is joyful and playful. You can also play the forums minigame and get in touch with the devs themselves.


    Yes It's always like that in most forums during early development, then when the game gets into beta, god forbid open beta then all hell breaks lose.

    That's true. It's the nature of the beast. The alpha and closed beta for Neverwinter was awesome. Then open beta and soft launch hit and it all went downhill from there.

    I realized the most fun I have in mmos is when I'm playing with friends, acquaintances, or like-minded gamers. On the other hand single player games feel so empty and boring after a while. 
    Kyleran
    Avatar Artist: The Who
    Album: The Who Sell Out
    Featured Tracks: Heinz Baked Beans, Our Love Was, Hall of the Mountain King (the first and most awesome rock version)
Sign In or Register to comment.