Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Out of money...again?

postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

RawynAzaron_NightbladeMrMelGibson

Comments

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

There is no smoke without fire.
    I wonder where they spent their 11MIL..Certainly not in the game. If yes, they are reallllyyyy bad at making games. 

RawynReizla

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This has more kinks than snakes and ladders.
    RawynReizlaTalonsin

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    The seedinvest is not just for shroud of the avatar.  Its for the entire company as they are looking to publish games also instead of just developing them.
    Rawyn
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Valuation 25 million? Based on what exactly? It seems like Garriot left his brain up in space on his last rock ship ride or something. For as much money as he has, he sure spends a lot of time panhandling on the internet these days. I think I'll pass on this golden investment opportunity. 
    Rawyn
  • RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    edited June 2017
    The seedinvest is not just for shroud of the avatar.  Its for the entire company as they are looking to publish games also instead of just developing them.
    That's what was said last week they wanna publish and need money now rg says marketing. I think they owe it to people still left to think about finally being finished with Sota and stop #$##ing around hiding behind early access tag before having grandiose dreams of publishing other games. I mean come on they failed with their app game had a few months money left before closing their doors, threw a Kickstarter together, then played game devs for 4 years wasting 11-18 or so mil dollars and still are a failed game after they released uhhum went persistent July 2016. 

Seeing what crap they've made and going broke who would let them near a game to let them publish it lol. 

This games been a ghost town for over a year now, there's a reason for that, it sucks.

I tell everyone to stay far away from this cash grabbing grind of a game. Don't give these dudes any money it's a scam in my opinion.

Take a look at the mostly negative reviews on steam then stroll over to their overpriced add-on store for a laugh ... then go spend your money on anything else.
    Post edited by Rawyn on
    LeFantomeGdemami
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    They should consider successfully finishing a game before branching out into publishing. 
    Rawynblorpykinsste2000GdemamiMrMelGibsonEarthgirl

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    That's what they said.
    Question is; shall we trust them?
    Considering their history of broken promises I am not too keen in giving them the benefit of the doubt.

C'mon guys do you seriously believe this bullshit?
    If you do, you guys are more naive than I thought.
    Feel free to gift them another $10k for a bunch of worthless shares on top of the $10k for the 'virtual' Golden Castle, that would buy Richard Garriot another wing in the 'very real' Lord British Manor.

Rawyn

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    ste2000 said:

Feel free to gift them another $10k for a bunch of worthless shares on top of the $10k for the 'virtual' Golden Castle, that would buy Richard Garriot another wing in the 'very real' Lord British Manor.

They already are. Look at the responses in the thread. These people spent a fuck load of money on pledges, then on POTs thinking they would fill up with new players (or as one whale referred to them: the unwashed masses). Now they're sweating because none of it happened. A bunch of simpletons sitting in their empty instances shouting, "Is there anybody out there?"

These people deserve to lose every penny they put into this scam, given the way they treated anyone who dared disagree with their bullshit.

Karma is a bitch.
    GdemamiblorpykinsKyleranMrMelGibsonRawyn

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Game was very promising, but sadly mismanagement and lack of guidance & vision kinda ruined the game completely. Good thing I didn't invest much into this game ($45 package only).
    RawynLeFantome
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    My guess the money or at least some of it may have went to help defer some of the space flight cost of Lord British coming with SpaceX announcing trip to and back from the Moon.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Remember when SotA was totally the best game ever - y'know, back during it's "all your dreams will come true" kickstarter phase. 

I have a feeling we're going to see plenty more threads like this as more crowdfunded MMO's wrap up in the next few years and all those ridiculous feature lists fail to materialize. But hey, in the meantime, I heard Ashes of Creation is the new best game ever, better get in while it's still amazing, before all that pesky reality and product launching happens.

At least Star Citizen has figured out how to solve the problem, stay in perpetual development forever, that way the game will always remain the best game ever. Releasing games is the surest way to ruin them. 
    nyxxeeKyleranMrMelGibson
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Rusque said:
    Remember when SotA was totally the best game ever - y'know, back during it's "all your dreams will come true" kickstarter phase. 

I have a feeling we're going to see plenty more threads like this as more crowdfunded MMO's wrap up in the next few years and all those ridiculous feature lists fail to materialize. But hey, in the meantime, I heard Ashes of Creation is the new best game ever, better get in while it's still amazing, before all that pesky reality and product launching happens.

At least Star Citizen has figured out how to solve the problem, stay in perpetual development forever, that way the game will always remain the best game ever. Releasing games is the surest way to ruin them. 
    So how is this different than the last decade of publisher backed MMOs? Because the same exact thing is said about them as well. With the same exact kinds of threads after launch... Every newly announced game has always been the best game ever to a certain segment of gamers, who can't seem to keep their expectations in check with the reality of what's possible. 

As for SOTA, the budget isn't the biggest problem with this game, nor the methods used to attain it. It's the design in itself, more money isn't going to make it fun, unless it's enough to make the whole game over again. It's just boring....

blorpykinsMrMelGibsonRawynIselinEarthgirl

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    There was a thread a couple days ago where a player wanted a rainbow flag in a gay bar in game and another player went full tilt against the idea.  So the guy talking up Jesus gets completely banned from the game because religious and political speech is not permitted per community rules.  But the LGBTQ conversation for in game items gets tagged as a human rights conversation by the community manager even though folks are actively asking that it be sidelined as well because they don't want real world politics wrecking their immersion.  The game is boring as hell, but watching the community go at it is entertainment to the max.
    Rawyn