Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which IP would make the best MMO

BrumeBrume Member UncommonPosts: 62
If you could pick a story and background for a new MMO what would you want to see?? My personal top 5 would probably be something like that ;

Harry Potter, World of Darkness, Forgotten realms, Game of Thrones, Godfather.

There is also some game that have been created that i would like to see a sequel or simply the same Ip but with very different game mechanics like a new Matrix Online or Star Trek. 
SavageHorizon

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    A full fledged Diablo MMO
    TsiyaOrthelian
  • DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Fallout and Harry Potter would be my 2-
  • Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Dragonlance
    [Deleted User]HatefullGaladournTsiyaNilden
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    This is too subjective.
    MrMelGibsonDakeru
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
    It would be hard to do, but would like to see Wen Spencer's Elfhome series made into a MMO.
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Without a doubt, Shadowrun.
    esc-joconnorMrMelGibsonRemyVorenderOrthelian
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    waynejr2 said:
    This is too subjective.

Yeah dude, that's how opinions work.  Anyway, I vote Dragonlance!

GdemamiMrMelGibsonHatefullmgilbrtsn
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    After playing a lot of TW:WH I'd have to say Warhammer is #1 if done well.

After that: Silmarillion based Middle Earth, Star Wars (A new hope and later), Wheel of Time, and a fleshed out Diablo Universe
    SteelhelmLasterba
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    karmath said:
    Without a doubt, Shadowrun.
    The motion is seconded, and carried! Someone inform MS they have a new project to work on.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    waynejr2 said:
    This is too subjective.

Imo, the best would be an original IP and forget using an existing IP.

GeezerGamerOrthelian
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

waynejr2 said:
    waynejr2 said:
    This is too subjective.

Imo, the best would be an original IP and forget using an existing IP.

I can dig it.  Both are valid options.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    WORLD...OF...DARKNESS.

Why oh why couldn't it have been something? *cries*
    TsiyaMadFrenchieOrtheliangrimal
    That doesn't really do it for me, but it gets me thinking:  With modern graphics, a Transformers MMO might just work!
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited June 2017
    That doesn't really do it for me, but it gets me thinking:  With modern graphics, a Transformers MMO might just work!
    He-Man/Thundercats is more diverse in terms of content and im tired of transformers

Magic/tech
    Humans
    Thundercats
    Mutants
    Undead
    And sorts of other creatures
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I think an mmo made in the World of Game of Thrones would be awesome.  They wouldn't have to use the current timeline.  They could do a SWTOR and choose past or future.  But there are many factions already in that universe that could easily become the center points of the game.
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Well made Dune could be just great.
    Tsiya
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Star Trek
    Star Wars
    Planet Side (Original Game) 
    NeoCron 2 (Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 will be a good one like it?)
    Star Gate

New MMORPG's based around  such science fiction could be great but not with a shitty development team like Bioware, or Perfect World, Great concepts thrown down the drain.

There are so many great games that could be but the budgets, cheap game companies and decisions throw them out the window (Planet Side 2) is a perfect example of this yes I have played it on and off, but it will never ever ever be as great as (Planet Side) the game that was closed down perhaps prior to the mechs being added but it was still fun, and Albion Online for that matter another game with great potential thrown down the drain due to development decisions, and customer service before it even Launches...

I love StarTrek, and Star Wars, a big fan of the actual movies and even the series isn't bad StarGate for that matter was a great series SG1 kinda got boring at one point but for the most part it was great going up to Atlantis, and they kinda screwed up with SGU a bit, but these Intellectual Properties could be good if the right developers could design Totally new games around them.

As far as Thunder Cats that game kinda reminds me of Kritika.
  • triikortriikor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Homeworld, Starcraft, Stargate and Diablo
    MrMelGibson
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Not saying it would be the best, but after all the games I have played I really like to play an MMORPG based on Stephen King's The Dark Tower. 
    MrMelGibson
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,408
    edited June 2017
    Some good suggestions in here.

Will second:

Shadowrun and Serrated Edge (which is pretty similar to shadowrun)
    Stargate 
    Dune
    Dragonlance
    WoD

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    • Naruto - It just perfectly fits for MMORPG (all skill systems explained, schools, nations, factions, don't have to be "the one", lore spans generations)
    • Borderlands - Mercenaries, Skills, Plenty of weapons, open world. Never understood how this wasn't a thing (in United States).
    • Dune - So much can be done with this, serious and mature themes.. Starter Worlds. Arrakis can be OWPVP and fight over spice. Factions, plenty of lore that spans generations.
    • Phantasy Star - This needs to be revisited... correctly.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    A good IP is in no way a guarantee to build "the best mmo"
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Octagon7711azarhalAlverant
    Harbinger of Fools
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Percy Jackson MMO would be fun.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    The Malazan world would make a great gaming space.
    EvilGeek