Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasearching Artifact Knowledge to Take MUCH Less Time - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageReasearching Artifact Knowledge to Take MUCH Less Time - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - World of Warcraft developer Ornyx took to the community forum to let players know that a hotfix is incoming that will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to place an artifact research order. At the moment, research can take about 26 to 40 hours to complete. After the hotfix, it will take a measly 4.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    26-40 hours .. Mine are taking 3-5 days to get done. I hope this fix comes in soon
    Soki123
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    It s not a big deal now. People and their instant gratification these days, is laughable.
    jimmywolf
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Aren't they supposed to announce the next expansion this year? If how their supposedly Blizzcon schedule works, like last year was a minor announcement and the year before last was legion's announcement. Based on that, this year should be expansion details. So nerfing these systems seems about right if their expansion will drop next year.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Soki123 said:
    It s not a big deal now. People and their instant gratification these days, is laughable.
    Yes 26-40 hours! The horror! Some of our EQ1 epics took months if you even finished them
    Soki123blackthornnCoolitAlomar
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    edited June 2017
    RNG and Time Gating killed WoW for me 4 months ago. Sorry Blizzard, all you are doing is re-skinning old stuff, Gating things to make it take longer to accomplish other things only to keep milking the Cash Cow as long as you can.

Newsflash: Even WoW will inevitably lose ground to the next great MMO.

Just think back in 2004 when you started to take over. This will happen to you in 2017-beyond.

See if your RNG can get you out of that one!
    FrodoFraginsAlomar

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Still a great game, play it along with ffxiv and loving them both.
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    edited June 2017
    Oh no, we've lost a few million instant gratification kids but we want killer preorder sales when we announce the new xpac.....participation trophies for everyone!! EQ, anarchy online, daoc, ffxi, damn I miss having to actually try when I played an MMO. Time vs risk vs reward used to mean something. Now it's staring at a recount report while hoping to Titanforge to replace your Titanforge. /Yawn Here I sit, camping the Pantheon spawn point....but I have patience...holding my spear of fate, wearing my grid armor mk 2. Long planning and long camps are worth it. Camping a year now, another til pop atleast.
    Soki123Alomar
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Soki123 said:

^ This

• ApridiseApridise Member UncommonPosts: 72
    The whole time I read this posts about people bashing on people wanting instant gratification all I could think was, I guess some people don't grow and and become parents with full time jobs. I mean I loved ffxi back in the day, but getting an hour to game these days is damn near impossible.
    SBFordGrakulenmetareal
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I lol'd at the salty people in this thread who no lifed their way to artifact knowledge cap and are now having a superiority complex over people being able to catchup before the whole system(likely) goes away. You guys are a hoot.
    KARMARIUSSBFordFrodoFraginsGrakulen[Deleted User]jimmywolfmetarealAlomar
  • KARMARIUSKARMARIUS Member UncommonPosts: 24

I lol'd at the salty people in this thread who no lifed their way to artifact knowledge cap and are now having a superiority complex over people being able to catchup before the whole system(likely) goes away. You guys are a hoot.

I'm now oficially your nº 1 fan :D
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Hopefully this is a prequal to an expansion announcement and hopefully the next expansion won't be in a year and a half from now because if they do such an announcement I'm pretty sure WoW won't reach even 5 mil subs on their next expansion.
    There are so many great gamings coming out that if Blizzard tries to force Legion for another year I really don't see any future for WoW.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Hopefully this is a prequal to an expansion announcement and hopefully the next expansion won't be in a year and a half from now because if they do such an announcement I'm pretty sure WoW won't reach even 5 mil subs on their next expansion.
    There are so many great gamings coming out that if Blizzard tries to force Legion for another year I really don't see any future for WoW.
    Well, Tomb won't be fully open until July and there's still Argus to go -- probably another 6 months before that even arrives. That would put the earliest expansion launch over a year away from the launch of Argus. They might announce it, but we're more or less at mid-expansion, not end of.
    metareal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• RosenborgRosenborg Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Reasearching..? :D
    metareal
  • HivesHives Member UncommonPosts: 203
    I couldn't agree more with the instant gratification people these days that can't function if it's not given to them from the start. The argument for this being good is that some people only have an hour to play a day is comical.... That's why you pick a game that fits your playstyle or play a game and learn how to take your time and enjoy all aspects of the game. Point being... WoW has become a game that wants to push you through as fast as they can so they can sell you another expansion and that's it.

What i wonder is to all the people that love this fast progress what do you do in between expansions? Post on the forums or complain about other games that they are too hard? I bet that the I have only one hour to play and i have a life crowd do what they've always done live on the forums 24/7 but claim no time to play. Sorry to burst your bubble the majority of us have lives and a family but we know the difference between earning achievements over giving out easy achievements simply because you can't focus longer than a minute and before you say it's a game or i don't have all day to play. Well... I only played 4 hours a night and accomplished the majority of the game till it became mind numbing too easy, so take life lesson #1 that you should slow down and enjoy the experience and and reapply that to any game and remember if something is given to you too easy then wheres the fun in accomplishing it. Might as well play a FPS than a MMO but Star Wars and WoW will do also now.
  • pureremedypureremedy Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Well for an WoW veteran I stop playing this game and started final fantasy 14 and surprisingly I ended up staying iv been having a lot of fun and the community is way better than kidscraft I encourage ppl that haven't tried final fantasy 14 to give it a test run there's a free trial all U can play till LvL30
    Alomar
  • Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    AP/AK is a horrible system that often demotivates a player from actually playing the game. It makes you keep up the AK points, that are insanely time gated, but not actually play until the AK is pretty high. Doing an activity for 35 AP points feels worthless when you can wait and do it for 2 million. This whole xpax was just a bliz experiment in behavior modification.

Even with this change you have to get 40 points times 500 order resources which serves as another time gate. Overlapping currencies to add more grinding and time gating.

Bliz had been adding some AK shortcuts for existing characters to send to their alts but new players were left with nothing and had a huge wall to catch up to their friends, gated by weeks to months.

Up until this xpac, new players and alts could catch up to a meaningful ilvl within a week or two using justice/valor points and honor/conquest points on their respective vendors. Sometimes days if they played a lot. Now there are just random drops and a couple broken shore vendors that give you a gear gambling token after grinding the new zone.

anyone taking a look at the wow forums would immediately see the frustration of the players and very likely change their mind for another game. Lets not even get into the flying grind which takes weeks of treating wow like a full time job.

WoW used to be the casual friendly MMO. Now it is the grinder's MMO with random loot everywhere instead of fixed gear goals. After WoD (last xpac), a HUGE chunk of players quit within a few months for lack of 'stuff to do'. So now bliz has just put fake grinds in front of everything with overlapping unnecessary currencies to create fake 'stuff to do'. The content didn't go up really, especially when compared to MoP (pandaria expansion, the last successful one). The content only went up compared to WoD which was the tiniest xpac ever made by bliz.
    FrodoFragins[Deleted User]

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Avanah said:

RNG and Time Gating killed WoW for me 4 months ago. Sorry Blizzard, all you are doing is re-skinning old stuff, Gating things to make it take longer to accomplish other things only to keep milking the Cash Cow as long as you can.

Newsflash: Even WoW will inevitably lose ground to the next great MMO.

Just think back in 2004 when you started to take over. This will happen to you in 2017-beyond.

See if your RNG can get you out of that one!

I haven't played since the end of last year but I occasionally keep up with their changes. The current devs really don't know what they are doing.
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    edited June 2017
    Something, something, something, angry, angry, angry. no lifers bad. cry baby instant gratificationers bad.

Breath deep. It will be okay.

SBFordjimmywolfAlomarAndrewGoat
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    edited June 2017

Grakulen said:

Something, something, something, angry, angry, angry. no lifers bad. cry baby instant gratificationers bad.

The fact you post this with a staff writer headline is a great example if the "our shit don't stink" attitude this pay to praise bullshit site has become.

Congrats, you can belittle the people whos clicks keep you employed and this once good site running, you are a sack of shit dressed in a flesh suit.

GrakulenSBFordMukeAlomar
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.

Grakulen said:

The fact you post this with a staff writer headline is a great example if the "our shit don't stink" attitude this pay to praise bullshit site has become.

Congrats, you can belittle the people whos clicks keep you employed and this once good site running, you are a sack of shit dressed in a flesh suit.

My flesh suit appreciates your click. It helps with the upkeep.
    SBFord
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

you are a sack of shit dressed in a flesh suit.

Actually, he's a sack of McRibs and Beef Tips. But who's counting?

GrakulenSBFord[Deleted User]AndrewGoat

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2017
    Grakulen said:

WAY out of line with that comment, @blackthornn.

Rob, like everyone else on staff, has opinions on the games we play. I know for a fact he's an avid WoW player and is entitled to express his thoughts.

I actually think he's right in many ways. Some people see a "World of Warcraft" headline and immediately rush in to rag on the game, the players and insult people who may like the game. It's usually people who don't even play and who readily admit it.

Oh, and that employed thing? He has a "real job". He does this for "fun".
    GrakulenScott_Jeslis

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225

Are we talking with or without Szechuan Sauce here?
    Grakulen[Deleted User]
    Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.

Gazimoff said:

Are we talking with or without Szechuan Sauce here?

With of course.
    [Deleted User]