Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beyond Good and Evil 2 Updated with Tech Demo (Its like Star Citizen)

Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
edited June 2017 in General Gaming

Post edited by Thoth_Moshe on

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited June 2017

Here you go this one was posted by Ubisoft so won't be taken down.
    That trailer was really nice.
    Thoth_Moshe
    Chamber of Chains
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I'm very excited for the universe. Reminds me of Firefly a little, with the blend of tribal and sci-fi themes.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited June 2017
    cheyane said:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country" lol
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    A game almost a decade since we first heard about it.

No proper footage yet ofc, we'll see what they pull off, but cool style.
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    I played the first one back in the day. Never have understood its cult status, especially given its well-deserved commercial failure and the fact that so many championing a second readily admit to never having played the first. Personally I found the gameplay to be meh, the stealth elements to be annoying, the photography aspect to be poorly tacked on, and the story to be a trope filled mess right up to the ending left turn where it goes straight into David Cage-level WTF? territory.

But, whatever, people have been clamoring for a BG&EII for eons now, and we get... What? A tonally bizarre cut scene whose only relationship to the original is the existence of anthropomorphic pigs?

Between that, the lack of anything resembling gameplay, and Duke-level time spent in dev hell... I don't see this ending well.

Then again, neither did the first one, so I suppose that would only be fitting.
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Asheram said:
    cheyane said:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country" lol
    I dont know why they do that
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    I did not much, at all, care for that cinematic.  I thought it was trash.  I wish they'd have shot that annoying, stereotyped monkey during.
    But, still, I'm one of those people who has always wanted to see a new BG&E, and an open-exploration space-travel type game in the setting has me interested.  A more open-world setting was always the rumor, but it's nice to hear something official finally.

I was kind of surprised they are doing the prequel thing with it, though.

Since they are finally making a big showing, maybe the game will actually release in the next 10 years... we'll see.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited June 2017
    Oh boy just read what the press was shown at E3, it seems the game is still a loooong way from happening:

"Cut to E3 2017 this week. Ubisoft has unveiled a CGI trailer for Beyond Good and Evil 2, and shown off a behind-closed-doors demo experience to press. The Verge was on hand at one of these sessions, and have revealed that the game is currently at what Michel Ancel has called “day zero of development”. The graphics in this demo are rough, he says, because “two weeks ago there were no graphics”. At this point, Beyond Good and Evil 2 may be less of an actual game and more of a concept for a game. Work on the technology behind the game, however, apparently began three years ago. Ancel told us last year that tech issues were slowing down development, which makes sense when you hear his plans for the game."

"two weeks ago there were no graphics", it seems this game is just starting development.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    That trailer seemed like a real departure from what the first game was trying to be in the sense that the creators obviously have no real idea who the actual existing target audience for Beyond Good and Evil is so they just shot gunned it and made something over the top.

I also thought they over used the f-bomb drop to the point where It was actually annoying and just pointless and I felt I was watching a trailer for a new Quentin Tarantino movie. Voice acting was good, just in general the trailer was over the top for something that is pretty much vaporware.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Added Tech Demo
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited June 2017
    Nyctelios said:
    Tiller said:
    That trailer seemed like a real departure from what the first game was trying to be in the sense that the creators obviously have no real idea who the actual existing target audience for Beyond Good and Evil is so they just shot gunned it and made something over the top.

I also thought they over used the f-bomb drop to the point where It was actually annoying and just pointless and I felt I was watching a trailer for a new Quentin Tarantino movie. Voice acting was good, just in general the trailer was over the top for something that is pretty much vaporware.

Actually if you watch the interview they said this is what they always wanted, but at that time they knew due limitations they couldn't deliver.
    After seeing that tech demo I can see they have lofty goals and it might be years out. That said the ideas they have for it are epic and if it ends up being made as they presented, I'll be picking it up for sure.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter