Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exploring the Destiny of Bioware’s Anthem - Garrett Fuller at MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• StellaBellaStellaBella Member UncommonPosts: 32
    just another crap game for 60 bucks.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Looks like Destiny and FireFall gave birth

Firefall was fun, back in the day. Then The9 tried to make it "Gun of Warcraft™", and the rest is history. I've very much enjoyed Destiny. I'm quite looking forward to Destiny 2 (Gary strikes back... ^^).
    CrazKanuk
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    I think I'll likely play the one that doesn't melt my PC. This summer is going to be expensive.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• robbocroftrobbocroft Member CommonPosts: 1
    Not to be a downer but i feel like the vaunted bioware storytelling is a bit rusty. I'm not that hyped on that front really, especially after ME Andromeda. That said i sincerely hope they manage to deliver both on story and gameplay front. I would surely love to play a good sci fi action rpg
  • BaconMage666BaconMage666 Member CommonPosts: 5
    I will give Anthem a try however Destiny lost all trust from me after the shenanigans they pulled with the first one. Like having me purchase a season pass worth of DLC and then locking me out of that DLC in order to sell me more DLC. I have a strong feeling Destiny 2 will follow in the footsteps of the first Destiny because it worked for them.
    Ozmodan
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'm with the crowd that's not getting my hopes up because it's a EA game.
    Joseph_Kerr
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    why cant you play Destiny 2 beta if you don`t buy the game are they scared you see it sucks like the first game?,lol.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Raquis said:
    why cant you play Destiny 2 beta if you don`t buy the game are they scared you see it sucks like the first game?,lol.

No, it's all about the pre-order. You're essentially buying the completed game. If you're running a beta and your game already has a release date? Never mind a release date that's like the following month. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Visually, the teaser looked great but so have many games in the past only to get downgraded. People say Frostbite games dont get downgraded pointing to BF1 as an example. I really hope thats the case.

As for the concept - I like the idea of power armors and I prefer 3rd person to 1st person perspective in action games. Flying around like Iron Man seems fun too. If it all boils down to running the same missions over and over and over grinding loot however... the game will get old really fast. I think Bioware could make it interesting provided theres a solid storyline forming the backbone of the game. We'll see.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I will give Anthem a try however Destiny lost all trust from me after the shenanigans they pulled with the first one. Like having me purchase a season pass worth of DLC and then locking me out of that DLC in order to sell me more DLC. I have a strong feeling Destiny 2 will follow in the footsteps of the first Destiny because it worked for them.
    You bought a DLC pass and they locked you out of the DLC . WTH that is plain wrong. Wasn't there an uproar over this ?
    Shodanas
    Chamber of Chains
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i am so glad i was able to play destiny`s beta before it launched it sucked i almost bought the game and i am a huge fan of halo destiny is boring for people who like RPG`S its just shoot and hide behind an object(:
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I think Bungie is going to knock Destiny 2 out of the Park and learn from the mistakes of the original. I think Anthem will be the next Division, or Mass Effect; that is, disappointing to most people.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Anthem really does look special. Who cares if it's inspired by Destiny if it's good?
    It's not a bad thing. You have to look to the past to create something for the future. If that wasn't the case, we'd be still doing cave paintings. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    JDis25 said:
    I think Bungie is going to knock Destiny 2 out of the Park and learn from the mistakes of the original. I think Anthem will be the next Division, or Mass Effect; that is, disappointing to most people.

First of all, I'm sure Bungie hopes that Destiny 2 will be as much of a mistake as the original. I'm pretty sure that every single Destiny expansion hit #1 on sales charts. That's actually pretty incredible. 

Secondly, I think that Bioware would be happy if the game ended up being equivalent to The Division. I'm always confounded by this type of reference. You do realize that The Division sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 million copies, right? Probably more since digital sales aren't tracked these days. 

I'm sure some people will be disappointed, but I don't really think that's very prophetic since it's all the rage to hate on popular games these days, right? So much so that you can't even tell what's actually shitty and what's not. Remember when Diablo 3 was like 2/10 despite being critically acclaimed? Remember how D3 is still sitting at 4.0 based on these "helpful" user reviews? Yup! Remember how millions of people still actively play Diablo 3 every single season? Yup! 

Unfortunately, statements which categorize "most people" are relatively useless these days since these "most people" tend to be more focused on increasing their YouTube or Twitch channel viewers by being super edgy and critical than actually being helpful to the consumer. 

So, yes, I think that Anthem would be doing well to be like The Division (selling ten million copies and having thousand of concurrent users). 

Just sayin'
    [Deleted User]ConstantineMerus

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited June 2017
    So many people are saying Anthem is similar to Destiny. This worries me as i found Destiny to be the most generic and repetitive mmo wannabe out there. Really high production value and polish, but extremely boring gameplay (boring in my opinion).

I hope Bioware isn't trying to follow on Bungie's footsteps here. Destiny 2 has got to be so much better and different from the first game for me to buy into that trap again.

I'll patiently wait for Anthem to launch and wait for several reviewers opinions before i make a decision. Same applies ten fold for Destiny 2.

People complain about WoW being reduced to a gear threadmill... well, that's ALL you do in Destiny, both PvE and PvP but with less choices.
    mmorobo