Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am looking after a game that will trigger my brain to think...

HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
I am looking after a fun game, business/tycoon/management where my brain is challenged. Last game that did that is BDO and their life skills. Sick system but i am a bit burned atm. Ive just bought Transport Fever. I also have Planet COaster but i find it kiddish. What other games should i look afteR?

Comments

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Cities: Skylines is an amazing city sim game, has absolutely tons of stuff to build and miles better (imo) than the Sim City series. When you're new, takes a while to wrap your head around exactly how to build a large city. Even once you know the systems, it can take forever to get one looking perfect (though, they all look good in their own way). Loads of mods available for it too. 

In the same vein, try Prison Architect. Graphics are 2D crap, but its an indie game. The actual logic and gameplay behind it is pretty cool, it's fairly easy to build a large prison but it can get quite challenging / creative to make one that is efficient and good looking. 
    [Deleted User]
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    I have the Prison Arhitect, RimWorld, Anno series and i guess some others. Cities Skyline...what versions do i need in order to fully enjoy the game ?
    Tiller
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Hefaistos said:
    I have the Prison Arhitect, RimWorld, Anno series and i guess some others. Cities Skyline...what versions do i need in order to fully enjoy the game ?
    Just the base version of Cities should be fine. The DLCs always seemed quite expensive and didn't really add much, just some visual effects really. That said, I don't actually own the DLCs so don't know for certain, but the user reviews were pretty terrible and I was enjoying the base game more than enough. The only thing I felt I was missing out on was trams - one of the DLCs added trams and I would have enjoyed seeing them in some of my cities. 
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    edited June 2017
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    To add to what others have already posted

Cities Skylines
    SimAirport
    Hospitalize 
    Another Brick in the Mall

Now on those last 3 I should mention they are fairly young to early access so be assured more depth will be coming likely.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Oxygen not included worth it ?
  • TanemundTanemund Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Chess... ;)
    To that list you can add Crossword Puzzles and Logic Puzzles.

;)
    [Deleted User]

Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Single-player games are usually better for thinking.  You could try Stardew Valley for a farming tycoon thing - there are a lot of little challenges in it that require planning.  Or if you want a really fast-paced game Ranch Rush is one of my favorite time management games.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
    Chess... ;)
    I am at 1400ELO or so. I like chess but not in the mood for it :) I also took 20 chess classes in 2015 :)
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Military.com
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    <---EU. They wont accept me without USA citizenship. Ive tried :)
    edited June 2017
    Hefaistos said:
    <---EU. They wont accept me without USA citizenship. Ive tried :)

French Foreign Legion not to picky on paperwork.
                                            MAGA
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Hefaistos said:
    Oxygen not included worth it ?
    Pretty nice game! 

It's "similar" to the fallout shelter sim game.
    [Deleted User]

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I actually like some of those truck driver simulators.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    if you like building cars just as much (or think you might) My Summer Car is very appealing. It doesnt speak to everyone but if it does its a sweet experience
    Octagon7711

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• NaryathNaryath Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I'd recommend - but also warn you for - Factorio. I have the same games as you do, and I understand what you're looking for.

But beware. You might lose your job/wife/whatever.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    SEANMCAD said:
    if you like building cars just as much (or think you might) My Summer Car is very appealing. It doesnt speak to everyone but if it does its a sweet experience
    Car Mechanic Simulator. 2018 will be out soon. http://store.steampowered.com/app/645630/Car_Mechanic_Simulator_2018/

Octagon7711
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Tropico 4-5, The Guild 2, Men Of War (if you're into war games).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Crusader Kings II     http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Crusader_Kings_II_Wiki

Available from either Paradox   http://www.crusaderkings.com/   or Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/Crusader_Kings_II/

Look for a sale or a bundle if you decide to try it.

Ok, so far...

Factorio and Cities Skyline. Oh wow... I guess i have to skip it :)

Factorio.>>>
    RECENT:
    Overwhelmingly Positive (832 reviews)
    OVERALL:
    Overwhelmingly Positive (17,240 reviews)
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Gorwe said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Military.com

Since when does that require brains(unless you're going for the Executive positions, but then again, the reading, oh the reading! You better LOVE it!)? It's more brawns and follow the order(s). Unless I've been misinformed.

OP, sorry that I can't help you. I don't play these games. TotalBiscuit usually plays bor...*khm* brainy games, so perhaps see what he has to say? He likes games like Steamworld Heist and such...

Nuclear Power School in the U.S. Navy.  Toughest academic program an enlisted man can go through.  Assuming one can qualify for it.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

waynejr2 said:
    Gorwe said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Military.com

Since when does that require brains(unless you're going for the Executive positions, but then again, the reading, oh the reading! You better LOVE it!)? It's more brawns and follow the order(s). Unless I've been misinformed.

OP, sorry that I can't help you. I don't play these games. TotalBiscuit usually plays bor...*khm* brainy games, so perhaps see what he has to say? He likes games like Steamworld Heist and such...

Nuclear Power School in the U.S. Navy.  Toughest academic program an enlisted man can go through.  Assuming one can qualify for it.

One who becomes a Navy seal must also have academics after training and will continue through out there carreer.
                                            MAGA
    id pick navy seals all day and nite. i have 300 hours underwater, not afraid of water (i guess) but i would pay to take that training :)
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Hefaistos said:
    I am looking after a fun game, business/tycoon/management where my brain is challenged. Last game that did that is BDO and their life skills. Sick system but i am a bit burned atm. Ive just bought Transport Fever. I also have Planet COaster but i find it kiddish. What other games should i look afteR?

you would instead attempt to create your own game -- which would fulfill your desire to think, engineer, and build. you'd get to test your own product and then distribute it -- which is the best feeling.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Elsabolts said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Gorwe said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Military.com

One who becomes a Navy seal must also have academics after training and will continue through out there carreer.

Yes, but Nuclear Power School has been recognized as the toughest ACADEMICALLY.  It's all essay and [REDACTED].
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"