Camelot Unchained - 500 Player Battles - Possible?

1235»

Comments

• sgelsgel Member RarePosts: 1,521
    Tamanous said:
    Latest big bot battle tests peaked over 2600 bots! Mark managed to run a character through the mass mob with smooth fps, latency and no rubber banding.

Obviously this was a heavy stress test and not a benchmark for release battles. It is sick tech though. Mark even stated it only fell slightly short of how many total players even resided on orginal Daoc servers ... and this is only in one immediate battle.
    Do you have a vid of that test?
    It would be interesting to see.
    Ikonic

..Cake..

• GrimulaGrimula north vancouver, BCMember UncommonPosts: 530

Biggest Castle siege I was ever apart of was in Lineage 2 , there was over 100 different clans watching us take control of Aiden castle, it was insane , Well over 1000 people

Lineage 2 it was possible to have Unlimated numbers of people it seemed, Animations for every character Ect , and this was Years and Years ago

Goood Gooood memories , I was controlling the Huge golem knocking down the castle walls also

Need to Bottle the code from Lineage 2 so other games can have smooth 1000 people siege's  =)

Havnt seen any game come close to this level of intense PVP 

• GolelornGolelorn Hiding From Social Media Peeping Toms, ALMember UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Isn't this game already 2 years behind schedule? Yea, not really worth thinking about anymore.
    pantaromeddyck
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Long Island, NYMember RarePosts: 981
    Meaningful combat.....no such thing in a video game.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member RarePosts: 1,707
    Meaningful combat.....no such thing in a video game.

I read your name as TabulaRosa...
  • ThaneThane berlinMember RarePosts: 2,769
    Grimula said:

Need to Bottle the code from Lineage 2 so other games can have smooth 1000 people siege's  =)

Havnt seen any game come close to this level of intense PVP 

guess you never played planetside (1)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INMember RarePosts: 5,361
    Now all it needs is 499 more players to get to 500......
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 22,838
    Grimula said:

Biggest Castle siege I was ever apart of was in Lineage 2 , there was over 100 different clans watching us take control of Aiden castle, it was insane , Well over 1000 people

Lineage 2 it was possible to have Unlimated numbers of people it seemed, Animations for every character Ect , and this was Years and Years ago

Goood Gooood memories , I was controlling the Huge golem knocking down the castle walls also

Was that Hindemith? if so I was in that castle defending! Loved that. Best time I've ever had.

• TamanousTamanous Edmonton, ABMember RarePosts: 2,580
    sgel said:
    Tamanous said:
    Latest big bot battle tests peaked over 2600 bots! Mark managed to run a character through the mass mob with smooth fps, latency and no rubber banding.

Obviously this was a heavy stress test and not a benchmark for release battles. It is sick tech though. Mark even stated it only fell slightly short of how many total players even resided on orginal Daoc servers ... and this is only in one immediate battle.
    I thought they were going to throw a screenshot in the weekly update but just checked and nothing. Might be buried in the forums but I don't post things from there as under NDA.

I'd imagine end of month newsletter will have at least a screen. This info is from last weekly vid update which is worth a look for the first 10-15 minutes of weekly review if not into the 45 minutes of Q&A.

I know the delays of beta annoy many but it is truly very soon if counting in months.

You stay sassy!

edited August 27
    Sovrath said:
    Grimula said:

Was that Hindemith? if so I was in that castle defending! Loved that. Best time I've ever had.

was on the Kain server actually =)   Fallen Angels was my clan

I was the number 1 dwarf bounty hunter for a while hahah

good times

Post edited by Grimula on
  • HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Jackson, DEMember UncommonPosts: 98
    Tamanous said:
    sgel said:
    Tamanous said:

I thought they were going to throw a screenshot in the weekly update but just checked and nothing. Might be buried in the forums but I don't post things from there as under NDA.

I'd imagine end of month newsletter will have at least a screen. This info is from last weekly vid update which is worth a look for the first 10-15 minutes of weekly review if not into the 45 minutes of Q&A.

I know the delays of beta annoy many but it is truly very soon if counting in months.
    Jacobs posted a screen from his own rig on the forums. You can probably track it down through his profile. 

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius