Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really quiet here, is this game stalled?

1235»

Comments

• ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    edited September 2017
    games junk
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    This game was supposed to be out in 2015/2016. The kickstarter was in 2013. They said Alpha would start in 2014. Put me in the camp that says this game isn't seeing the light of day. You don't miss goals by years. 

If it comes out - I will try it. My hopes that it ever will come out, and it won't be another horrendous flop are non-existent.

Source:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained
    JamesGoblinlitewolfNightblazedjimmywolf
  • litewolflitewolf Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited October 2017
    I loved DAOC and it will forever be my favorite mmo experience. With that said, Ive been waiting for this game for a lonnnnnng time now. Years of delays start to get ridiculous. Even with Mark coming on and talking about whats caused said delays, it helps but even it gets stale and there needs to be a level of tangible and obvious advancement. I'm not seeing it at an acceptable level and have begun to have doubts about its release viability. 

Good luck to a 2018 Beta and 2019 launch. 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    The progress is probably very slow I liked DAoC and wish them the very best and I would really like this game to come out although since it is full PvP I won't play it.
    Chamber of Chains
  • OnodrimOnodrim Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Maybe they aren't trying to get rich off this. Maybe they just want to make an awesome game and are ok with making a little salary and otherwise breaking even?

Im happy to see something that's not just another corporate pve money making project
    JamesGoblin
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Onodrim said:
    Maybe they aren't trying to get rich off this. Maybe they just want to make an awesome game and are ok with making a little salary and otherwise breaking even?

Im happy to see something that's not just another corporate pve money making project

LOL, no.  They have mouths to feed.  They want to make as much money as possible.  Nothing wrong with that, just so they don't go to far and put in lootboxes and other P2W crap.
    JamesGoblin
  • dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    I'd rather see them spend plenty of time developing a ready and complete game. I agree that the delays are concerning, but I think once it gets closer to beta and release, the hype will pick up majorly.
    JamesGoblin

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• shenfreyshenfrey Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Let them take as long as they want, theres plenty of other games that are out now or coming out in the coming months and forever more that are fighting for our attention. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    shenfrey said:
    Let them take as long as they want, theres plenty of other games that are out now or coming out in the coming months and forever more that are fighting for our attention. 
    Actually the MMO market is pretty Spartan right now and through much of 2018.

ConstantineMerusJamesGoblinYashaX

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Kyleran said:
    shenfrey said:
    Actually the MMO market is pretty Spartan right now and through much of 2018.

in fact, I would not expect to not see that change for at least 3 more years. 
    The industry right now is still absorbing where the consumer community  is going to go now with this now huge explosion of games on the PC covering many ideas that previously where never touched.

maybe a better way to say it is...the industry wants to see what people are going with all these subnautica, ark, 7 days to die, space engineers type games before making a mega investment in a specific direction.

Kyleran

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• GynthaziGynthazi Member UncommonPosts: 41
    The game has far from stalled. They give weekly updates, stream almost daily, and are implementing new features constantly. It was a tough decision for MJ to make the decision that things were going the way he wanted on some of the core functionality of the code, but instead of brushing it off and moving on, they  scrapped their entire ability system and other items his engineers were working on and started over. They let one of their lead programmers go, and hired a slew of other programmers. He's invested a ton of his own money as well to make sure this happens.

Have no fear, Mark Jacobs is the real deal, and this game will happen. Will it live up to everything people are hoping for? i'm not sure, but I know Mark has passion, experience, and a true drive to want to make this great.

Take a few hours (or days) to look through the site, all the detail they are putting into this game.. his weekly blasts are crazy detailed.. there's nothing to be scared about here. I'm glad he made the decision to scrap the garbage and do it right even if it put them a year+ behind. The end result will make it all worth it.

Lot of younger people here that may not know MJ or even DAoC for that matter, but know if anyone can make this game amazing, its him.

I'm a beta1 player like a lot, and i've been waiting a long time. I have high expectations so lets see if he delivers.
    JamesGoblin

>>> Gynthazi <<<
    "Every man is a divinity in disguise, a God playing the fool." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

what if the game has staled?

what would then ones next step be exactly?

just something to ponder

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    SEANMCAD said:

just something to ponder
    Well.. as it's Camelot Unchained.. you either decide to stay longer and wait or you simply ask for a refund which they honor.  That's the main reason they get a pass on the delays.  Unlike other "companies" they actually allow you to refund your money if you change your mind. 

So yeah they get beat up for the delays (rightfully so) but their refund policy is the differentiator. Try and get CoE to give money back after they announce a 2 year delay...

JamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited November 2017
    SEANMCAD said:

just something to ponder
    You could also play Return of Reckoning to get a taste of what may be coming our way :)

It's actually a lot more fun than I remember.

JamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited November 2017
    SEANMCAD said:

just something to ponder
    You could also play Return of Reckoning to get a taste of what may be coming out way :)

It's actually a lot more fun than I remember.

True..

I just find it intresting how some people ask questions (not you) where they really dont want an answer and dont have a course of action if its one way or the other.

but yeah....play a different game I guess is a good answer....kinda obvious but good. In fact, stalled or not stalled the answer is the same. play something else.