Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard is why we can't have nice things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
edited June 2017 in General Gaming
So The Elder Scrolls Legends came out on Steam and as with World of Warcraft, people are making the comparison for Legends to Hearthstone like HS is the first ever card game that ever came out. I've seen this with Overrwatch as well. 

I swear Blizzard fanboys make games for the rest of us suck by their constant ridiculous comparisons making it sound like anything Blizzard makes is imbued with the mark of God and everything that came before or after it is gross and some how copying Blizzard, there for some companies do in fact feel the need to copy some of their design aspects. smh. Go away Blizzard.

As for Legends for the most part the game is solid, good bit of lore and story, simple to play. Dialog is top notch, and though I'm not a huge fan of TCG no complaints here. It does what it should well for the most part. /endrant

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Gdemami

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Lore and stuff is great. Few cool features like self made classes, but it felt so damn random
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited June 2017
    Tiller said:
    So The Elder Scrolls Legends came out on Steam and as with World of Warcraft, people are making the comparison for Legends to Hearthstone like HS is the first ever card game that ever came out. I've seen this with Overrwatch as well. 

I swear Blizzard fanboys make games for the rest of us suck by their constant ridiculous comparisons making it sound like anything Blizzard makes is imbued with the mark of God and everything that came before or after it is gross and some how copying Blizzard, there for some companies do in fact feel the need to copy some of their design aspects. smh. Go away Blizzard.

As for Legends for the most part the game is solid, good bit of lore and story, simple to play. Dialog is top notch, and though I'm not a huge fan of TCG no complaints here. It does what it should well for the most part. /endrant

Are non-Blizzard-fanboys and developers such mindless idiots that they can't make decisions and assessments for themselves?  You blame Blizzard for somehow forcing their competitors to make copies of their games, to appease their customers who have been brain-washed by Blizzard fanboys?  These companies are free do develop whatever the fuck they want, and their customers can make their own decisions whether or not to play it.  Don't blame Blizzard or its fans if the competition builds a bunch of clones and their customers buy into it.  Been on MMORPG.com since 2004, and this may be the stupidest argument I have read here in that time.

Rich84postlarval
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Elidien said:
    For many, Blizzard's first game into each "genre" (MMO, ARPG, RTS, card game, TF2 variety, etc...) is the person's first game. Blizzard excels at taking the genre and making the game more approachable and understandable. I played EQ, DAOC, SWG, COH, EQ2, and many other MMO's and the one thing WOW had going for it was that it was fun. Blizzard took a lot of the "non-fun" parts out (Stiff death penalty, etc...) or revised them to make it less frustrating. Now I am not saying those "non-fun" parts were not fun for some or did not add to the game (that is another discussion) but I can promise that hell levels, losing exp when you die and the inability to retrieve your corpse in EQ limited the appeal of the game (again good or bad of this is debatable). 

So I do not blame Blizzard. Their goal is to make great games that appeal to many and sell a heck of a lot of units. And they have been very successful at it. Maybe if all the copy cats are as good as the Blizzard game, maybe that says something about Blizzard's quality.
    Exactly, its not always what you know but who you know. Blizzard products reach a larger player base than many companies. As a result, people will talk about it with others and that's how many people are introduced to a game in that particular genre regardless of quality. Blizzard is also known for their quality too though which is another large factor which encourages more people to join. You also have this more "recent" factor of games opening and shutting down in short periods of time or continuously changing payment models which Blizzard isn't really known for. So in essence more people may tend to pick something associated with Blizzard because of the product's longevity and stability. That's honestly a reason why I return to WoW at all from time to time, because I know the time I put in wont just vanish if I decide to play 6 months to a year later. You can't say that with every game now-a-days.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Are non-Blizzard-fanboys and developers such mindless idiots that they can't make decisions and assessments for themselves?
    In the question lies the answer.
    Kyleran