Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thought about it...But no

2»

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Awful video, very annoying voice, same old complaints, there is nothing new or funny about this video.
    There are better and funnier video dissing BDO, there is nothing special about it, not sure why it deserves a thread.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Well for me BDO very own promotional videos was enough for me to be turned off.

To be it very literally looks like a new version of Street Fighter 3D. IT screams console and button mashing all day long

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639

I've bid on hundreds, possibly thousands of cash shop items and never won a single one.

Wait, I thought the whole point of the thread was that you were on the fence about trying the game and the video you linked convinced you that it was a bad game so you didn't buy it

Now you say you've played enough to bid on "thousands" of different market items. 

Which is it?  

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Wait, I thought the whole point of the thread was that you were on the fence about trying the game and the video you linked convinced you that it was a bad game so you didn't buy it

Now you say you've played enough to bid on "thousands" of different market items. 

Which is it?  

I took this testimonial from the steam discussions on P2W:

RexKushman
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Gdemami said:

Which is it?  

Yeah, I totally missed that.

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753

Yes. It is Pay-2-Win. In order to be on-par with someone else and actually able to participate in end-game farming, you will need to spend money on the game.

You can buy pets that loot items for you, cosmetic costumes that give your character a stat boost, inventory slots, increased weight(Every items had a weight associated to it, this is the largest bottleneck when it comes to the amount you can carry. You can buy weight increase in the cash shop and it's going to be required for most end-game content). On top of all of this you can buy things like Storage maids that allows you to Store items in your Storage when you're out farming, Worker lodging, Town storage etc.

People who tell you that this game isn't pay-to-win are delusional. The $5 price tag is only a small fraction of what you're going to have to pay if you want to get anything out of the game.

People also say that you can buy many of these things on the market place. That is true. But the thing is that the way the market works is that all the prices are fixed, almost no one buys cash shop items to sell on the market place. Because of this, items are bought straight away, you can go weeks or months without buying a single cash shop items even if you camp the market place.

I've bid on hundreds, possibly thousands of cash shop items and never won a single one.

I don't disagree with this. If you want to "win" by being the most wealthy and best geared players, you WILL spend a lot of money. There's no way around it and everyone should know this going in. If you plan to compete in PvP think about whether or not you're willing to spend the money to compete. If you're not, then BDO isn't for you. 
    Save your time and your money unless you're willing to drop a lot of money on this game. There are significantly better pay-to-play game out there such as The Elder Scrolls: Online or Guild War 2.

Now, I'm all for companies to make money.  Hay, even a huge profit..... But pay them $5.99 is to trick you ?.......First was release, this is the second round to top off more people that can be scammed !

It's a well thought out plan with all Asian grinders,  Make a real nice fun game that can get players sucked in for ABOUT A WEEK..... Then whack them..... Standard operating procedures !

The thing is, BDO isn't a game you have to be the best in to enjoy. I didn't start to really enjoy the game until I stopped trying to compete and just played it casually. It's the most unique game design of any fantasy MMO that's on the market right now that still has a sizeable player base. There's always something to do, whether it's fighting monsters, doing boss scrolls with your friends, joining the community Discord and participating in field boss events, or the tons of non-combat oriented life skills (fishing, farming, taming, hunting, gathering, crafting, training mounts).

You don't need PEN in every slot to have fun, and until you get to TRI and higher you can set reasonable goals for improving your gear and usually get upgrade pretty frequently that let you feel like you're making progress.

Between BDO, GW2 and ESO, I would easily choose BDO as my B2P game of choice. I think it offers more of what makes the MMO genre unique and interesting than those games.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Albatroes said:
    Thanks for letting us know as to why you wont be buying stuff...? Keep us posted on more stuff you wont buy....This could've easily been adding into one of the 10+ threads on BDO hitting steam ya know...special snowflake syndrome I swear.

I just wanted to keep everyone informed that I am not buying a Chick-fil-A sandwich today.
    Azaron_Nightbladelaxie[Deleted User]Sovrath
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    waynejr2 said:
    Albatroes said:
    Thanks for letting us know as to why you wont be buying stuff...? Keep us posted on more stuff you wont buy....This could've easily been adding into one of the 10+ threads on BDO hitting steam ya know...special snowflake syndrome I swear.

I just wanted to keep everyone informed that I am not buying a Chick-fil-A sandwich today.
    Damn, that news just ruined my whole day. ;)
    Azaron_Nightblade[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Albatroes said:

Damn, that news just ruined my whole day. ;)

Actually, I have to go on an errand this afternoon and it will be a couple of blocks from Chick-fil-A so I will be going.
    Kyleran

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    I thought about it, watched many guides, read many articles before the purchase, and went for it.
    1- recently i'Ve found that if people like something, I dislike it. If they dislike something, I like it.
    2- again recently found that for a stellar quality game like this, you need to spend some money. Lots of sheeple here paid $$$ for andromeda effect  bullcrap, and even more crap like fallout4 and eso: morrowind which gives you basically nothing.

I made my peace with the cash shop. I earn money and spend it for my hobbies, while knowing the limits and the equilibrium of time-money-performance. 

Seems to me bdo forums here fulfilled with whether fanboys or confused people who tends to lean for negative as soon as thy read-hear something.

man up. Play it, then decide it. With 5 dollars entry, nothing in irl gives you hours of entertainment.not even a shitty bar that couple shitty bands take stage.
    So let me get this straight, you are calling people who purchased the game Andromeda "sheeple" because you think it's a bad game but they thought it was a good game.

At the same time others think buying this game is a negative but you think it's good so you aren't a sheeple? Sheeperson?

waynejr2Azaron_Nightblade
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Sovrath said:
    I thought about it, watched many guides, read many articles before the purchase, and went for it.
    1- recently i'Ve found that if people like something, I dislike it. If they dislike something, I like it.
    2- again recently found that for a stellar quality game like this, you need to spend some money. Lots of sheeple here paid $$$ for andromeda effect  bullcrap, and even more crap like fallout4 and eso: morrowind which gives you basically nothing.

I made my peace with the cash shop. I earn money and spend it for my hobbies, while knowing the limits and the equilibrium of time-money-performance. 

Seems to me bdo forums here fulfilled with whether fanboys or confused people who tends to lean for negative as soon as thy read-hear something.

man up. Play it, then decide it. With 5 dollars entry, nothing in irl gives you hours of entertainment.not even a shitty bar that couple shitty bands take stage.
    So let me get this straight, you are calling people who purchased the game Andromeda "sheeple" because you think it's a bad game but they thought it was a good game.

At the same time others think buying this game is a negative but you think it's good so you aren't a sheeple? Sheeperson?

Self-aggrandizing 
    waynejr2
    Chamber of Chains
    Sovrath said:

In general, there is a problem on forums of people doing the I don't like something therefore it is bad/wrong/stupid and what I like is good/great/brilliant.   We need talking in terms of different not good/bad.
    Sovrath

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    waynejr2 said:
    Sovrath said:

In general, there is a problem on forums of people doing the I don't like something therefore it is bad/wrong/stupid and what I like is good/great/brilliant.   We need talking in terms of different not good/bad.
    I like Chick-fil-a.....and is "good."

B)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Nyctelios said:
    waynejr2 said:
    Sovrath said:

Common sense?

There is a difference between "I like" and "This is a good x". The better you see those 2 apart more accurate is your analysis regardless the media.

The first stands for personal taste + personal story and relation with said thing where the second tries to tell if the media achieved it's desired objective.

It's a hard thing to do, but critical thinking ain't easy.

Critical thinking is easy.  As I said, it is a  problem around here and you can disagree with it.   The good/bad judgement thing on game mechanics isn't helpful.  Say you like it and why.   Too many times you get people with their pet issues making those things they don't like wrong.  /end

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    video is no longer available. anyone got a new link to it?

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Visually it looks great for a MMO. Character creation is impressive. The gallery for created characters should become a staple for games with good character creation. Combat is fast and twitchy (how I like it).

But yeah, that's it. I am not really a  - lvl to endgame so I can play PVP - kind of guy. I play MMORPG's mostly for PVE (story and progression) and that is the weakest part of BDO. It feels very boring. Even the combat becomes boring against mobs, because those mobs die too easily. Also not a fan of the very busy UI. The game could really benefit from a UI overhaul.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    SEANMCAD said:
    Well for me BDO very own promotional videos was enough for me to be turned off.
    I don't think anyone here would assume you would think otherwise. It's not an early access monstrosity with little hope of ever releasing, so thanks for sharing what we already knew.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Visually it looks great for a MMO. Character creation is impressive. The gallery for created characters should become a staple for games with good character creation. Combat is fast and twitchy (how I like it).

But yeah, that's it. I am not really a  - lvl to endgame so I can play PVP - kind of guy. I play MMORPG's mostly for PVE (story and progression) and that is the weakest part of BDO. It feels very boring. Even the combat becomes boring against mobs, because those mobs die too easily. Also not a fan of the very busy UI. The game could really benefit from a UI overhaul.

My problem in more about being another Asian Cash grab trick.  Besides that I don't like simple hack-and-slash combat.

It's made that way so all ages can get on the stunt their pulling.
  • rena_ryugurena_ryugu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    edited June 2017
    Me and my friends quit our previous MMO (vindictus) for Black Desert, we all play from beta 1, 100 eur pre order, after +1 year we are still here and we love the game to death, i don't care, i see lots of hate comments, haters gonna hate and we can't do much about it, truth is the game is packed and going strong from day 1, while other MMO like Bless closes after 5 months.
    Mikeha
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Me and my friends quit our previous MMO (vindictus) for Black Desert, we all play from beta 1, 100 eur pre order, after +1 year we are still here and we love the game to death, i don't care, i see lots of hate comments, haters gonna hate and we can't do much about it, truth is the game is packed and going strong from day 1, while other MMO like Bless closes after 5 months.

First, I see this is your second post so welcome :)

Also I would say I'm not a hater, the game sounds fun but would wish the combat wasn't so easy.

I do have a few questions, and their truly not to undermine your beliefs in any way.  If you've been playing with friends for a year, how are you doing it !   

- If the combat is easy solo centric what do you and your friends do together? 

- How much are you spending in the cash shop for the game to remain playable for an entire year?

• rena_ryugurena_ryugu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    edited June 2017

First, I see this is your second post so welcome :)

Also I would say I'm not a hater, the game sounds fun but would wish the combat wasn't so easy.

I do have a few questions, and their truly not to undermine your beliefs in any way.  If you've been playing with friends for a year, how are you doing it !   

- If the combat is easy solo centric what do you and your friends do together? 

- How much are you spending in the cash shop for the game to remain playable for an entire year?

omg i don't want to get in a long discussion cause i'm not english but i try:

We are very well organized as friends/guild, dailie / weekly activities/ scrolls / missions / sea monster hunting / RBF/ pvp training arena.
    We do a lot world bosses and we are all over the same channel for help each other and pvp.
    We usually do 3 node wars/week, we stick togheter since we are almost always outnumbered..
    During weekend exp event akman dungeon.

I think there are items you have to buy absolutely for the game to remain playable not for a year but forever.
    Maybe the outfit is better if you change it once each 2-3 months if ur eyes get bored, etc 

You need: weight increase / pets / maids / horse flute /fishing suit for whale hunting etc / slot expansion if you have no patience to get them whit loyality

(they gave lots of pearl items for free this years: 4 pets in total, 3 penguin  / 1 hawk / 1 autfit (but is ugly) 2 apperance coupon / 1 underwear , lots of value packs between 1 and 7 days, also you get 1 cat or dog and 1 market or storage maids whit time reward).

Btw is very hard to say how much you have to spend..

1: They do lot's of sales, 20% / item (one on them is ongoing right now)
    2: idk what they do in the future but they gave lots of pearl items for free this year
    3: You can get many items whit in game loyality

Let's says 30 euro for the weight increase...(but if you buy during sales is less and you can buy whit in game loyality = free 200lt..)

Let's says 30 euro of inventorey expansion?, but again, whit loyality you can buy them for free if you have some patience.

Let's says 80 euro pets..(but i get 4 for free whit event + 1 whit time reward = 50 euro worth items gifted) plus, as usual during sales you can save 20% of each buy.

Horse flute 15 euro, but i think they gave it whit the game pack

fishing costume i think is necessary if you enjoy sea hunting= 22 euro

maids, let's say 2x storage = 20 euro

Mikeha