Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online now has over 28K players on STEAM

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited May 2017
    laserit said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    cheyane said:
    I think BDO marches to its own drumbeat and that is good. I am happy for the game and hope it continues to grow.
    from what I have seen in video I dont think anything they are doing is really 'its own drumbeat' from what I have seen it very much looks same old same old.

this image is a good example:
    http://i1.2pcdn.com/node14/image/article/201310/22/20131022032842a0dm1267ovux7ks7.jpg

it contains all my standard complaints

If there is one thing that BDO is not... it's "same old, same old"
    3rd person view, icons and bars above everyones head, button mashing for combat skills, silly animations in combat.

pretty much THE reasons I stopped playing MMOs. 

looks completely ridicouls

DraemosTheScavengerDullahanorthene

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

edited May 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Solar_Prophet said:

We live in a day and age where students demand free psychological counseling because the college they attend invited someone they don't agree with to give a speech. Emotionally stunted doesn't even begin to describe how messed up people are these days. 
    That's a lot of words. You could have just said 'millenials' and saved yourself two sentences. I would have known exactly what you meant. :*
    That's a wonderfully erroneous generalization.

No worries. I have tons more where that came from.

more than likely Solar is making that comment based on something that he heard in the news that is 100% a lie.

I joke not

#rednecksbelieveanything
    Let me guess...

You only watch movies with subtitles, listen to bands no one has heard of, only play fringe indie games no one else cares about, sport an ironic "non-ironic" beard, wear flannel, and in an effort to always be edgy and different, wind up looking, thinking, and acting just like all the other people going out of their way to be edgy and different.

#hipsternonsense

no but at least in a conversation I can maintain a point or at least not completely loose continuty despite horrible spelling

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    SEANMCAD said:
    laserit said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    cheyane said:
    I think BDO marches to its own drumbeat and that is good. I am happy for the game and hope it continues to grow.
    from what I have seen in video I dont think anything they are doing is really 'its own drumbeat' from what I have seen it very much looks same old same old.

http://i1.2pcdn.com/node14/image/article/201310/22/20131022032842a0dm1267ovux7ks7.jpg

3rd person view, icons and bars above everyones head, button mashing for combat skills, silly animations in combat.

Your post is ridiculous. 
    Draemos said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    laserit said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    cheyane said:

Your post is ridiculous. 
    sorry but to me it looks same ol same ol with a little bit of console street fighter thrown in as main attraction.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    If I'm reading the graph correctly, it's only the most popular MMORPG on Steam compared to what can comfortably be called a desert of MMORPG releases on Steam...

I higly doubt BDO's Steam release will result in any sort of population renaissance.  As others have mentioned, it seems more likely the recent Steam release is the highest contributor to that population graph.

But if it holds true months from now, I'd change that opinion accordingly. 
    BDO doesn't need a population reinassance. It was pretty popular before steam. 
    Dullahan
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Already 3K more than yesterday and still climbing.  :D
    [Deleted User]
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    pray tell, have you any stock on the company for the game to be hyped by numbers? serious if the game was really as good as you want to people to belive you would be playing it and not hoping to share the misery
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    SEANMCAD said:
    laserit said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    cheyane said:

Personally the combat in BDO is really not my thing, which makes the game overall not my thing. It's ok to dislike everything about the game but "same old, same old" it is not. It is very different from other MMO's, if you ever tried the game you would know that.
    MaurgrimMrMelGibson

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

pray tell, have you any stock on the company for the game to be hyped by numbers? serious if the game was really as good as you want to people to belive you would be playing it and not hoping to share the misery

Since release proving the haters wrong one day at a time.  :p
    alkarionlog
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

18k :P

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited May 2017
    Oh snap guys, a new game on Steam has a bunch of people playing it!
    TheScavengerDullahanobserverholdenhamletortheneMrMelGibson
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    A few things.

- The numbers are up for BDO, all this proves is people like to buy cheap games on steam.
    People just bought this how can anyone say its good yet ? 

- This gives Pearl Abyss a new opportunity to increase the cash grab to more Pay to win. 

- Infact it's so cheap I may even buy it, and I hate Asian cash shop games :)

Recore said:

Since release proving the haters wrong one day at a time.  :p
    all you needed was a 60% off sale...rolls eyes

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Don't know if they've managed to attract more suckers after expansions, but when I stopped playing the game after the first few months, population was pretty abysmal. Hence the reason they've coordinated content with a steam launch.

It'll peak for a week or two and slump back to where it was before.

edited May 2017
    A few things.

- The numbers are up for BDO, all this proves is people like to buy cheap games on steam.

- This gives Pearl Abyss a new opportunity to increase the cash grab to more Pay to win. 

I will always disagree with this. 

People are not buying a game just because its cheap. They buy it if they want to play it. 
    ortheneMrMelGibson
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Recore said:
    A few things.

People are not buying a game just because its cheap. They buy it if they want to play it. 
    Ryzom (Saga of Ryzom) was released on Steam for free. Got terrible reviews, and the MMO is as dead as ever.
    Azaron_Nightblade

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    SEANMCAD said:
    observer said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    I cant get past the art style its an immersion killer for me.
    Really?  What's so bad about it?  I think it looks rather good.  It's one of the best art styles that actually represents a medieval fantasy world, even down to the goblins and orcs.
    hyper sexualized barely teenaged girls in what would be completely ridicoulous armour.
    its like the girls from 'Bad Girls' desided to go all cosplay and play with panda bears
    that and the combat is just a hyper expression of the same old shit 
    Well, yeah.  I can agree with some of the silly costumes and sexualized attire, but overall, the game's artistic style is true to medieval fantasy.
    Recore said:
    A few things.

Ryzom (Saga of Ryzom) was released on Steam for free. Got terrible reviews, and the MMO is as dead as ever.

Exactly, 

No one will play a game just because its free. They will play the game if they enjoy playing it. 
    orthene
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Recore said:
    A few things.

I have shit ton games in my steam library only because they were cheap, so you re dead wrong on that. I know a lot of people that do that.
    ortheneMrMelGibson
    edited May 2017
    Soki123 said:
    Recore said:
    A few things.

I have shit ton games in my steam library only because they were cheap, so you re dead wrong on that. I know a lot of people that do that.

Just because you do that does not mean this is what EVERYBODY does. 

Why would anybody just buy a game just because its cheap and they have ZERO interest in playing the game? 

Again, I will always disagree with this. 

Here are some cheap games for you to buy. Waiting for your reply telling me how many of them you just bought. 

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Recore said:
    Soki123 said:
    Recore said:
    A few things.

Why would anybody just buy a game just because its cheap and they have ZERO interest in playing the game? 

Here are some cheap games for you to buy. Waiting for your reply telling me how many of them you just bought. 

No shit but you said people are not buying... A lot do , so you re wrong.
    [Deleted User]ortheneMrMelGibson
  • saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I don't understand how if someone has a slightly negative opinion of a game they are labeled a hater...lol What happened to people having opinions? there is plenty of games out there. im glad bdo is doing well. I played it a bit for a free weekend but at the time i was burnt out from wow and couldnt bring myself to start a new mmo lol 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    ranghar said:
    Renoaku said:
    15K Players infected with XingCode3 Rootkit... Um Okay, glad im not one of them uninstalled black desert and format my pc.
    I really hope you are joking.  XingCode3 works by knowing about cheats in advance.  It looks at actively running programs, and recently run programs for blacklisted cheat programs.  It doesn't send out your private information, and it most definitely doesn't provide root access to the people who made it.  Calling it a rootkit would imply that it is well made, but it definitely is not.  XingCode3 is so bad that you used to be able to just not launch the game with admin mode and XingCode3 couldn't detect anything.  Stop giving them more credit than they deserve.  It's a piss poor cheat detection process, not a rootkit.
    Yeah I know what they say it does, but (Black Desert) Never informs the user there is an Anti-Cheat in place, and its installed upon launching the game without consent, with no way to Generally remove by basic means without "Editing" The registry, and going into C:\windows, and manually deleting everything + Uninstalling whatever game put it there.

Xing Code is also easy to Cheat and Bypass for those who do this, I am legit, and I don't mind Anti-Cheats, however I prefer using Anti-Cheats which are Transparent to the users such as "Easy Anti Cheat" "Punk Buster" "Battleye" all 3 of these have developers who will provide support with any issues, and provide a easy way to uninstall / remove it from your system, XingCode is made in Korea, and does not follow any of this, as well as (XingCode) the android version modified my Android files, and damaged my device which also breaks (Googles) app development policy for being able to list it on Google Play, but without a lawsuit against Google to remove it they look the other way as it generates revenue.

This is more than enough for me never to trust XingCode, or Game Guard, as an Anti-Cheat, when they switch to more reputable and more up to date Anti-Cheats I have no problem.

And Sure it may have 15-18k Votes or players on Steam, I am not one who voted for it nor one who will be playing Black Desert anymore. Until they come into line with respecting peoples privacy and being more transparent about the Anti Cheat. As when I purchased the game I was not aware it had any Anti Cheat or I wouldn't have purchased it if I knew it had XingCode.

Soki123 said:
    Recore said:
    Soki123 said:
    Recore said:
    A few things.

No shit but you said people are not buying... A lot do , so you re wrong.

Where is your proof? Just saying " I did " does not prove anything. 

How many of those cheap games did you just buy? LMAO
    We just might hit 20K today!

Phry