Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online now has over 28K players on STEAM

Comments

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Soki123 said:
    Jeleena said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Dakeru said:
    Why was Recore banned though?
    I don't think steam and twitch numbers mean anything but it seems over the top to ban someone for posting those.
    And defending a game somewhat too hard?.. In that case some of the indie projects on this site would get their whole communities removed.

Was there an overly harsh post I missed?

In my book Recore is a more friendly person than I am and I usually get a warning at most.
    Because he was incapable of having a discussion without resorting to insults and using salt memes everytime someone pointed out a simple fact that he didn't like. It's fine to like a game, but when someone's level of fanaticism reaches a point where they view everyone as a "hater", even people who actively play the game and express valid criticisms or simply state facts, then that person has gone too far. I even suggested to him that he take a break from the forums, to which he responded "trolls and haters will be shown no mercy"...
    So Recore responded the same as 90% of the forum posters here when their favoriet game gets attacked ... better ban all of them too.

Well I'm kinda sad he got banned, since he (or she) posted a lot of interesting links all the time  :/

Recore was over the top. Nothing else to say on that topic.
    *shrug* if you say so. Well even less reason to visit these forums anymore then.  
    MrMelGibson
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited May 2017
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Recore was banned =/
    the trolls and haters of MMOs won.
    Last time I checked mods do that, not users.
    Don't fool yourself. That Flag link gets used as a weapon all the time on this site. 

Umm people do themselves in by violating TOS of this site repeatedly.

When a person gets sent to jail for constantly robbing banks, the banks are not used as a weapon against them.

So the flag link cant be used "as a weapon" if the person didnt do anything wrong.

*rolls eyes*

Only if you take a VERY BROAD view of what "violating" means.

Nope, the ToS is very clear, its there in black and white.

Have you even read the rules, what exactly did you find not clear?

Be careful, your self-interest is starting to shine through.

Now let's get back to the thread instead of your self-importance agenda.
    Jeleena said:

*shrug* if you say so. Well even less reason to visit these forums anymore then.  
    It's kind of like society anymore on these forums. Outrage junkies trying to control everything, even other people's opinions.
    Kyleran

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Recore was banned =/
    Well deserved. Just check his/ her history. It was just a matter of time.

I liked Recore's courage for going against the grain for what he believes in.  But to do this for an Asian cash grab game...... that just shouldn't be !!

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Forgrimm said:
    Dakeru said:
    I don't think steam and twitch numbers mean anything but it seems over the top to ban someone for posting those.
    And defending a game somewhat too hard?.. In that case some of the indie projects on this site would get their whole communities removed.

In my book Recore is a more friendly person than I am and I usually get a warning at most.
    Because he was incapable of having a discussion without resorting to insults and using salt memes everytime someone pointed out a simple fact that he didn't like. It's fine to like a game, but when someone's level of fanaticism reaches a point where they view everyone as a "hater", even people who actively play the game and express valid criticisms or simply state facts, then that person has gone too far. I even suggested to him that he take a break from the forums, to which he responded "trolls and haters will be shown no mercy"...
    Yea, and he did this while hating on tons of other MMOs in other threads, too.  So apparently you're a hater if you hate BDO but it's okay to hate other things. Although admittingly that probably wasn't and shouldn't be a factor in determining whether he should be banned or not.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited May 2017
    Dragnelus said:
    Wow. That kid has issues. I'm curious how fast he is banned on steam ... at least with that account.

Update: Thread was closed by developer. Decently fast response.

You stay sassy!

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I would lie if I said I didn't enjoy the steam thread.
    I just never expected Recore to go full fanboy mode.

Usually only unrelased indie games get this level die hard whiteknighting.
    observer
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited May 2017
    You know the white knighting has gone too far when even the developer realizes it's only making them look bad and has to step in and shut it down.  I actually saw that happen with the developers of a few other MMORPGs before for some things the white knights were saying, too (previous most recent being one of the Pantheon developers implying the Pantheon white knights really need to cut it out with the "This game is not for stupid twitch players!" nonsense).  Sometimes going too far to defend a game actually does more harm than good.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Tiamat64 said:
    You know the white knighting has gone too far when even the developer realizes it's only making them look bad and has to step in and shut it down.  I actually saw that happen with the developers of a few other MMORPGs before for some things the white knights were saying, too (previous most recent being one of the Pantheon developers implying the Pantheon white knights really need to cut it out with the "This game is not for stupid twitch players!" nonsense).  Sometimes going too far to defend a game actually does more harm than good.
    yeah, I see that for EVE Online, Darkfall, SWG, Star Citizen, a lot of sandbox MMOs in general...quite a lot of MMOs have that problem with fans making other people run out the game.

And I myself do enjoy BDO, and don't think the OP should have been banned with others do far worse in the above mentioned game forums...but BDO does have its problems.

Like I said in another thread, it is VERY annoying pets and house furniture are both temporary. Pets I don't care about personally, but still stupid. The worst part is, for housing...they could have made the furniture lose its bonuses. Instead it has durability and is destroyed. Thats stupid as hell and really really gay. Never played an MMO where I literally can't use a house because there is no point because it'll all decay anyway.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    What's the over under on peak this weekend being lower than last?
    maybebakedMadFrenchie

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited May 2017
    Tiamat64 said:
    yeah, I see that for EVE Online, Darkfall, SWG, Star Citizen, a lot of sandbox MMOs in general...quite a lot of MMOs have that problem with fans making other people run out the game.

And I myself do enjoy BDO, and don't think the OP should have been banned with others do far worse in the above mentioned game forums...but BDO does have its problems.

Like I said in another thread, it is VERY annoying pets and house furniture are both temporary. Pets I don't care about personally, but still stupid. The worst part is, for housing...they could have made the furniture lose its bonuses. Instead it has durability and is destroyed. Thats stupid as hell and really really gay. Never played an MMO where I literally can't use a house because there is no point because it'll all decay anyway.

Pets are not temporary unless it's a free special event pet (same with costumes). Cash shop and login reward pets are permanent.

Furniture with charges is a consumable like a potion that you put in your house instead of carrying around with you. Most furniture doesn't decay.

What you're describing is no different from what TERA and many other games do; offering temporary costumes, buffs, and VIP to entice people to try things out.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Tiamat64 said:

Pets are not temporary unless it's a free special event pet (same with costumes). Cash shop and login reward pets are permanent.

Furniture with charges is a consumable like a potion that you put in your house instead of carrying around with you. Most furniture doesn't decay.

What you're describing is no different from what TERA and many other games do; offering temporary costumes, buffs, and VIP to entice people to try things out.
    Just because other games do something does not mean its a good/smart decision for BDO to do it.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Sephiroso said:
    Tiamat64 said:

Just because other games do something does not mean its a good/smart decision for BDO to do it.
    Offering free teasers is a tried and true method used in virtually every industry and is universally regarded as a good business practice.

You think your Netflix trial was just them being nice? No, they want to lure you in, show you what you're missing out on and get you to spend money.

The nice lady handing out samples at the grocery store isn't doing it to be nice. She's doing it to entice you to buy more of the free sample.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Recore was banned =/
    Well deserved. Just check his/ her history. It was just a matter of time.

I liked Recore's courage for going against the grain for what he believes in.  But to do this for an Asian cash grab game...... that just shouldn't be !!

Kinda like you with relics of the past. That just shouldn't be !! ;)
    MrMelGibson

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I like BDO I just bought it on steam and  am enjoying myself.  I have a lot of hours into it in just a few days and have barely hit level 20.  I have been doing a alot of side quests / linking nodes, and just trying to figure out what is going on in general.  At times it feels very overwhelming though
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Renoaku said:
    15K Players infected with XingCode3 Rootkit... Um Okay, glad im not one of them uninstalled black desert and format my pc.
    Ya, you wouldnt want to play a game you couldn't hack, pirate or cheat in.  I know cheating is a prerequisite for you with video games.  So its no surprise you are rallying against yet another anti-cheat software lol.
    [Deleted User]Jeleena
    Recore said:
    Soki123 said:
    Recore said:
    Soki123 said:
    Recore said:
    Soki123 said:
    Recore said:
    A few things.

- The numbers are up for BDO, all this proves is people like to buy cheap games on steam.
    People just bought this how can anyone say its good yet ? 

- This gives Pearl Abyss a new opportunity to increase the cash grab to more Pay to win. 

- Infact it's so cheap I may even buy it, and I hate Asian cash shop games :)

I will always disagree with this. 

People are not buying a game just because its cheap. They buy it if they want to play it. 

I have shit ton games in my steam library only because they were cheap, so you re dead wrong on that. I know a lot of people that do that.

Just because you do that does not mean this is what EVERYBODY does. 

Why would anybody just buy a game just because its cheap and they have ZERO interest in playing the game? 

Again, I will always disagree with this. 

Here are some cheap games for you to buy. Waiting for your reply telling me how many of them you just bought. 

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1

No shit but you said people are not buying... A lot do , so you re wrong.

Where is your proof? Just saying " I did " does not prove anything. 

How many of those cheap games did you just buy? LMAO

None , but I have a shit ton. No need to prove anything, I ll snap a shot if I must.

I just linked you to cheap games. 

You buy games just because they are cheap so how many did you just buy? 
    Got to be honest.  Everytime you post some self righteous BDO thread you really end up looking like a dick.  You really are not doing your game a favor being such an obnoxious fanboy.  For the record.  I also buy cheap games on steam if i have even a little interest when they get big sales.  This is pretty ubiquitous among steam.  You acting ignorant or disingenuous to this doesn't make you right.  Just makes you look like a bigger fool.
    Jeleena said:
    Soki123 said:
    Jeleena said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Dakeru said:

So Recore responded the same as 90% of the forum posters here when their favoriet game gets attacked ... better ban all of them too.

Well I'm kinda sad he got banned, since he (or she) posted a lot of interesting links all the time  :/

Recore was over the top. Nothing else to say on that topic.
    Bye Felicia...
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    Nilden said:
    DMKano said:
    Elidien said:
     The KEY though is retention. Let's see what Steam BDO numbers are on July 1st or so (assuming a free 30 days).
    The game is B2P - so if you spend $5 now - you can play it forever without spending any more money.

The key is how much money Kakao can get players to spend in the cash shop, retention is sort of secondary - as it doesn't benefit Kakao to retain players who don't spend any money.

BDO is really designed about highly motivating players to use the cash shop as the base game has lots of inconveniences built in that can be easily helped by the cash shop.

It's a pretty genius game design - this is why they are selling it so cheap, because the real profits are in the cash shop.
    I think it's awful game design and exploitative monetization.

You need 3 pets to autoloot effectively when it's a checkbox option in any other MMO. At 10 bucks each, and that's just for starters...

It is awful if you are a player who has bad self control and falls into a cycle of impulse spending.

It's pretty genius from a business perspective - which is maximizing profits.

I was obviously talking from a business perspective end - but from a perspective of a player prone to low impulse control and poor spending habits - yep it would suck.

This is why you see posts from players who've spent 1000s of dollars on BDO and are like - why am I doing this?

Is it really exploitative though - as obviously many players don't fall for it and don't use the cash shop, but some who do end up spending more than they really wanted.

it comes down to IMO - if you take alcohol from an addictive personality, they are likely to just substitute it with some other addiction.

Been my experience pretty much everyone I've ever met is "addicted" to something.

Also many addicts don't realize or acknowledge their addiction. ;)

I will acknowledge that my addiction is to buying games I only have a passing interest in during Steam sales. I'll mainline a bundle or two here and there also.
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    19k users, whoa, they might just break even!
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited May 2017
    ianicus said:
    Not including those that aren't using steam. But 19k is about average for what EVE gets, and that is just Steam numbers.

Getting much better reviews (as of now) than EVE, and many other MMOs that are on Steam as well. Reviews are the most important, not just numbers. If reviews are mostly good, more people enjoy the game. I saw LOTRO has better reviews, but it isn't as popular on Steam and nor is it popular compared to BDO in general, but it is reviewed better so more people generally like it. The other MMOs besides BDO and LOTRO, on steam have mostly or a large percentage of negative reviews.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Ayo, people get banned everyday bee. He'll be aiight... he tough right?  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It's a Korean game,i remember when SRO could add 20 new servers and still fill everyone of them with bots of course.
    I still remember the opening weeks and i mentioned a hole for cheating and most scoffed the notion claiming was impossible then was proven to be fact.I said then that likely someone or a few inside left that hole open on purpose as it looked way too obvious.

Point being,i do not follow the game anymore having happily quit but i can assume there is still a hole for rmt to flourish within the game which would be why they get so many players.Then THAT point would be that  having a lot of rmt is not the same as having legit players.Then we have to look at the other fact,what does it matter how many are in this MMO if it plays like a single player game? I just did a quick check and sure enough there is a black market for rmt to flourish within the game,so yeah i figured as much.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    ianicus said:
    Not including those that aren't using steam. But 19k is about average for what EVE gets, and that is just Steam numbers.

Getting much better reviews (as of now) than EVE, and many other MMOs that are on Steam as well. Reviews are the most important, not just numbers. If reviews are mostly good, more people enjoy the game. I saw LOTRO has better reviews, but it isn't as popular on Steam and nor is it popular compared to BDO in general, but it is reviewed better so more people generally like it. The other MMOs besides BDO and LOTRO, on steam have mostly or a large percentage of negative reviews.
    FF14 and elder scrolls online have far better reviews, tera and rift have slightly better overall.

Being around 70% is alright.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Nyctelios said:
    Dakeru said:
    I would lie if I said I didn't enjoy the steam thread.
    I just never expected Recore to go full fanboy mode.

Usually only unrelased indie games get this level die hard whiteknighting.
    So you never went to either EvE or WoW forums.
    I never go to official forums at all.
    Not even for my main game.

I prefer the mixed views here on this site.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
    Harbinger of Fools