Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation using Assets from "MMO Starter Kit"?

13»

Comments

• sward2866sward2866 Member CommonPosts: 4
    There is always going to be that one person stir the pot to cause drama... It's Summer time get out and get some sun verses trolling on a game in development.. 
  • drizzintahldrizzintahl Member UncommonPosts: 1

Here is the MMO Starter Kit. Notice the health bars and inventory. You can purchase it here.

Here are images of the assets in the Monster Coin System Preview

I dont get it, do we care?  Do you care?  Even for such a grasp for dirt, they already confirmed it's placeholder, and you still pick apart placeholder features?  wut.jpg
  • iLucieiLucie Member CommonPosts: 3
    Surprise, things, when cut down to the most crude and basic features and looks, tend to look extremely similar, doesn't mean its the same stuff. And as many stated, the UI is placeholder.
    Ashes promises very detailed and adjustable UI.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Luciexq said:
    Surprise, things, when cut down to the most crude and basic features and looks, tend to look extremely similar, doesn't mean its the same stuff. And as many stated, the UI is placeholder.
    Ashes promises very detailed and adjustable UI.
    I figure what the hell, will let them build and release the game before I judge the quality of the graphics and UI.

Not something I care all that much about but then again the MMORPG I've been playing the past 6 months is from 2002.
    ConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20
    It's very normal in game development to use placeholders, which is obviously what these are as the game is Pre-Alpha.

Some games are actually still using free (stock) models lol, like MO is using the stock UE3 housing models. 
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited September 2017
    Kudos to Steven Shariff for doing what he does best - marketing.   AoC is at this point purely about hype and will be for at least another year.   Hype being about visuals and media and flashy booths and demos, expect a continuous stream of eye candy that may or may not be pre-made but will certainly drive funding.   That is where this game is at for now... eye candy and hype driving funding.   There is just simply no way that we will see a AAA look without real development and that simply takes time and money.  AoC is not going to be jumping ahead of CU, Crowfall or Star Citizen as far as release unless it cuts corners that go against the hype.   I simply cannot back because I will never again do quests or PvE content again...  if there was PvP experience and leveling, gear progression without a dumb boss fight I might feel a tiny bit more compelled to back.

Kyleran
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I don't care if they use NES graphics as long as the gameplay is good.
    Golelorn
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The game isn't even in Beta, probably best to hold off reviewing the game until it at least has reached that stage of development in a few years or so as the design of the game could and likely will completely change over the course of the next few years. :/
  • GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    edited October 2017
    Who cares?
  • kinartkinart Member UncommonPosts: 127
    This is so silly, as blaming a scientist for using Laplace transform.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    kinart said:
    This is so silly, as blaming a scientist for using Laplace transform.

I had to look that up. Thanks. I learned something.

Learned nothing from the OP. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    second person I've blocked in 4 years on these forums... gratz mate
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Ponzini said:
    LOL It is a fucking bar with some text on it. Not to mention that is an obvious placeholder UI which they have mentioned themselves. Holy shit you are really grasping at straws.

It doesn't even look the fucking same.
    I'm pretty sure that is the MMO Starter kit. You can tell by the inventory 5x5. If it is, it seems pretty lazy to use a $95 asset from Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/fo6a/

Placeholder or not first impressions are important. 
    you want a developer to take the time to re-create a 5x5 inventory instead of just buying it and moving on because of reasons.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me