Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia (New MMORPG) First Sneak Peak

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    oh nice, another Asian MMO, we don't have enough of those....

on a serious note, Asian MMOs are very advanced on a technical level (GFX, etc), but i have yet to try one that feels even slightly enjoyable and not like a glorified coin-op coming from the 90's.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Didn't we see this preview 10 years ago ?
    Seriously are there north Americans who like giant weapons ,flashes when weapons strike,numbers endlessly flying off targets,stereotyping females as weak and always falling down. Ummmmm maybe it was 15 years ago ?
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    deja vu?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    one word >>NEXON...get out your wallets.

We see the mounts,that won't be the only cash shop item,it is also a TCG that you will NEED to use the cards.

it is designed like al lthe cash shop heavy mobile games but with an actual world albeit we can expect meaningless 2D assets in the world.

From what i can see it will use the typical cash shop idea of combining excess cards of one type to further level them up and of course this would lead me to believe the very rare finds that people want to get will be very costly to get multiples of.

The core ,concept idea is a good one,i would like to play it but NOT with a heavy cash shop design and you just know that is the ONLY thing NExon cares about.

Here is a good video,the actual combat looks typical aoe spammy,the mobs look dumb as nails,so my thought is little effort on the game,more effort on the monetary design.
    http://2p.com/7631124_1/3D-Fantasy-MMORPG-Project-A-Renamed-as-Astellia-by-Ink.htm

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Select one of a few pretty generic looking classes and get ready to quest grind in a whole new universe! But hey, it looks pretty if you really love asian style graphics with over the top animations.

Yeah. Nothing to see here we haven't seen 1000 times before. I need to hear A LOT more about what kind of unique gameplay features will actually set this MMO apart before I even start to become slightly interested.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Have been watching this game for awhile now.

Looks good. 

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    If you had told me that it was a new expansion for TERA or Blade & Soul and not a new game, I'd probably have believed you.
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Quizzical said:
    If you had told me that it was a new expansion for TERA or Blade & Soul and not a new game, I'd probably have believed you.
    Was thinking the exact same thing, lol.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Sinsai said:
    Quizzical said:
    Was thinking the exact same thing, lol.
    lol same here

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited May 2017
    More Eastern garbage.......  I just don't know what it is about these games... pretty boys with their big weapons. lol
    Post edited by Tokken on

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I smell Jelly.  ;)
    I mean we could play this game if we want but at least for me I'm waiting on one of the people hitting "Awesome" on the OP to name some features found in this game that aren't present in at least a dozen other MMOs of the same nature that I could go play right now if I was looking for a generic themepark with limited classes but pretty graphics.

Is there anything that sets this apart?

Maybe I'm alone in this but you are presenting a new MMO to me I want to see the features list BEFORE the videos, screenshots, and cinematic laden trailers.

pantaro
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Ah. So the game does have a claim to uniqueness in that it is built upon controlling NPCs rather than just a single main character.

That aspect sounds pretty cool but probably not enough to sell me on a game that sounds and looks utterly generic in every other regard.
    Mikeha
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited May 2017
    Didn't we see this preview 10 years ago ?
    Seriously are there north Americans who like giant weapons ,flashes when weapons strike,numbers endlessly flying off targets,stereotyping females as weak and always falling down. Ummmmm maybe it was 15 years ago ?
    Maybe you should look at the biggest MMO in NA, which has all of those things as well. (it just doesn't look nearly as good)

Not to mention, Koreans didn't invent the phrase "damsel in distress". ;)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/