Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UPDATE: Does the Game's Engine Mean WarZ Dev Involvement? - Wild West Online

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageDoes the Game's Engine Mean WarZ Dev Involvement? - Wild West Online: Gunfighter - MMORPG.com

UPDATE: We reached out to 612 for a statement and were provided with the following:

Yes, we are using the Nightshade game engine from Free Reign Entertainment. However, 612 Games is neither a subsidiary of Free Reign, nor financed by Free Reign or Sergey Titov. The team is focused on making a great game that will speak for itself, and now that we've addressed this topic we are going to return our focus to the game itself.  Thank you for your continued support.

Wild West Online: Gunfighter News - In a series of now-deleted Reddit posts, accusations were bandied about that War Z's Sergey Titov is somehow involved in 612 Games' Wild West Online. The controversy swirled around the fact that WWO is using the game engine developed and supported by Titov's Free Reign Entertainment. 612 responded with a firm "No" regarding the controversial developer's presence working on the game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    i heard Sergey Titov sold his engine. so it's not even HIS engine anymore.
    From what was said, one of his companies owns it.
    QuicksandPhry

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I thought this game was cancelled a while ago.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Something tells me this project is the next big pandora's box of online drama.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]Ramajama
    Harbinger of Fools
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    lol this game is going to be popcorn worthy thats for sure
    SpottyGekkoRamajama[Deleted User]
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So did this guy just make a bad game or did he scam a bunch of people out of money? Because if its the latter does it matter whether its linked with him directly or indirectly through one of his companies as stolen money is still stolen even after it has been laundered.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Warz never means any good :/
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited May 2017
    So the next question, name all of the MMOs which have been delivered using this "Nightshade" engine.
    Ramajama

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Torval said:

Dakeru said:

Something tells me this project is the next big pandora's box of online drama.

We could be totally wrong but my spidey sense is tingling too.

Yeah, something doesn't seem right with all of this. If its using the same WarZ game engine then there has to be other connections beyond that. And I don't buy the whole better tools, anti-cheat (lol) and scaling. Why would a company go with a shady engine from a shady company over other engines that have been way more tried and tested to do exactly what they want.

I was interested for a good Wild West feeling game until I heard they where using the WarZ engine. That instantly brought back all the drama and has completely killed any flame of wanting to play, look at or even try this game. After been scammed by the WarZ (and its dozens of subname / rerelease / cash grab names) I have no desire to touch anything related to that team directly or indirectly via the use of there tech.
    SpottyGekko
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    If Sergey Titov is even remotely associated with this game, just run a mile, lol

Everything about this game is dubious, now it all starts to make sense...
    [Deleted User]
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    "and it has some robust anti-cheat features already embedded that would save us time and expense"

Oh really... that isnt what i remember every time WarZ got re-released, every time full of hackers.

Thanks for the heads up tho... know not to get too excited about this one and watch it from a distance. Wonder how the kickstarter would have turned around after this news if they had decided to run one lol.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I noticed this game over a month ago and i have to say it looks pretty good.I actually thought Rockstar was making the game,oh well my bad.
    I is a licensed engine from Titov's entourage.

I am just happy it is NOT anoher KS'r game ,they secured their own funding and that alone makes it better than every single KS'r/early access game on the planet.
    Sure Red Dead redemption might end up being better,most likely,but this deserves at least a look see.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    WOW is full of hackers,BDO hackers,any game that is anything is full of hackers,i have seen it since the very early days of gaming.It will never be stopped because out there lurking are total asshats who rather than join the fun would rather ruin everyone else's.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I thought they were forced to rename WarZ to "Infestation: Survivor Stories" or something like that.
    --------------------------------------------
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Interview with the guy

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-05-the-war-z-sergey-titov-shattered-skies

This project is definitely a wait and see

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

laserit said:
    Interview with the guy

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-05-the-war-z-sergey-titov-shattered-skies

Well they said it will be out this year, so not very long to wait, eh? ;)
    laserit[Deleted User]

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited May 2017
    Kyleran said:
    laserit said:
    Interview with the guy

Well they said it will be out this year, so not very long to wait, eh? ;)
    Do we smell an Early Access title?

I gave you the awesome for proper use of the "eh" ;) 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Aaaaaand instantly turned off from this game.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    LOL, one of the major issues with all of the War-Z games/clones is cheating so when I read this:

"We chose Nightshade because it provides the best tools for our team in terms of building/scaling the game, and it has some robust anti-cheat features"

I know we are not getting the whole story. Good luck to those of you who decide to put money in this one.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I thought they were forced to rename WarZ to "Infestation: Survivor Stories" or something like that.

They did but word spread about how bad the hacking and pay to win was so they moved the assets to a new map and called it "Romeros Aftermath" because they got Romeros son to add his name to it even though he has done nothing of note unlike his father. That didnt work so they created a new company and then moved the assets over to another new map and called it "Shattered Skys" and they tried to hide the fact that Titov was involved.

Anything that his guy Titov or his flunky Artemis is involved in should be avoided like the plague.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I mean, if they had poor enough judgement to use an engine from this guy, that's reason enough for me to stay away from the game.  Makes me wonder what other questionable decisions they will make.
    [Deleted User]
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    I was so happy to see a western MMO.. I get home and see this news.. Now I'm pretty sure my hopes were just crushed with one small story and one quick who cares answer from the devs. It wasn't even that they answered yes, it was how they answered.
  • ohgodtherats707ohgodtherats707 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    LOL Night Shade is poisonous
    Did a little research, appears Nightshade is an upgrade of WarZs Eclipse engine, designed for easy development of simple 2D games.

Yeah, this isn't going to turn out well.
    MightyUncleanPhry[Deleted User]

• rammur65rammur65 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    game engine was pretty good just poorly handled by segey and his team they were sloppy and it showed.