Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Create a Class Discussion

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    I'm more of a fan of skill based systems (no classes). Grew up playing GURPS (Generic Universal Role Play System - Steve Jackson Games)  more than that of D&D.

I'd like to see a bard like class in a sci-fi setting though. Would be fun to run around using like a guitar and amp to blast enemies with sound damage. Bards have always been cool but they end up getting the shaft on coolness. 

The guitar could have several cool things it does, with a certain song turns into a literal axe etc. Lull enemies in with a sense of false security (debuffs!) then mow them down with a massive power chord that blasts them back. Just cool and fun stuff. 
    IselinKeller[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    @SomethingUnusual

So you watched Mad Max recently?
    DistopiaSomethingUnusual
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited May 2017
    Haha. No, but I apparently need to see it now. Or you talking the '79 Gibson one?
    @Iselin
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    A class for what kind of game?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Haha. No, but I apparently need to see it now. Or you talking the '79 Gibson one?
    @Iselin

SomethingUnusualMrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

I fucking love it! Watching this one later.
    MrMelGibson
    OK since I don't know the genre.. I shall go with something that would fit into multiple genres:

The ShapeShifter:

• Able to "shift" into the form of another creature of similar mass.   
    • Inherits the physical characteristics (ie. STR)
    • Actual SKILLS inherited are dependent on the skill of the Shapeshifter (High level Shapeshifter inherits more skills)
    • While transformed it consumes a resource.. let's call it willpower for now
    • When the willpower bar drops below 20% there is a chance that the Shapeshifter will be stuck in that form forever.  If the bar gets to zero he can never transmute back without perhaps completing a quest or visiting a special shrine/med center
    • No items transfer.  They are dropped to the floor upon transformation.  Transferring back results in being naked (loincloth etc for modesty purposes).
    • All potential targets have a rating that the skill must surpass in order to mimic them.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

The Mimic

• Has a % chance to learn spells cast on him and a smaller % chance to learn those cast near him. The % chance increase as the character develops.
    • Any spells learned this way can be used for a limited time only (1 - 24 hrs) depending on proficiency
    • These spells are used at reduced effectiveness which can be increased with repeated absorption of the same spell over time until they can be used at full effectiveness.
    • There is a small chance (increased with repeated absorption of the same spell) that knowledge of a spell can become permanent,
    • Has high innate magic damage resistance
    ConstantineMerusSovrath

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

DMKano said:
    The Masochist 

- Able to do extreme repetition with almost no reward
     - The only class in game that permanently loses random number of gear pieces (both equipped and in bank/inventory) on death
     - Dies a lot because it has half the defense of a paper mage
     - The upside is he has great stories about games from 15+ years ago, so high on lore 
     - On a rare occasion when this class levels up - the only class that has to go talk to the trainer (both ways up the hill, through snow) - the trainer is sadly on a remote island that has a ferry that's on a week (real life) timer. The timer is random for each Masochist player.
     - The class trainer has it's own random timer and spawn location on the island
     - What makes this class unique from other classes is there's a chance of failing attacks, with fumbles, misses and fizzles. 
     - The class is unable to use the cash shop
     - The class has a 60% XP penalty that increases as the class gains levels
     - The class doesn't gain any experience when solo, and requires grouping (even when talking to the class trainer)

It's a fun class
    I'd pay to exclusively play this class. 
    wingoodSteelhelm
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    The Genericist: Basically has all the same base skills and abilities as all the other classes, just change out the animations and give it a different name and new icons.

Oh wait........it's been done before hasn't it?
  • TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    edited May 2017
    Hellbringer - No race restrictions.. This heavy DPS pet class summons a 65 ton Battlemech, a UNSC specialized infantry soldier, and an Australian thrash metal band to fight for them (or provide accompanying battle music)..

It could also feature an emote to scream at enemies "You tell 'em I'm comin', and hells comin' with me!"

(P.S. - Google if you need to)
    ConstantineMerus

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    I'm more of a fan of skill based systems (no classes). Grew up playing GURPS (Generic Universal Role Play System - Steve Jackson Games)  more than that of D&D.

I'd like to see a bard like class in a sci-fi setting though. Would be fun to run around using like a guitar and amp to blast enemies with sound damage. Bards have always been cool but they end up getting the shaft on coolness. 

The guitar could have several cool things it does, with a certain song turns into a literal axe etc. Lull enemies in with a sense of false security (debuffs!) then mow them down with a massive power chord that blasts them back. Just cool and fun stuff. 

Or western & steampunk would work too. As provided in the video below. People might not the music or the fancy dance moves, but it's more about the automatic assault guitars, plasma violins and the setting!

SomethingUnusualMrMelGibsonTyranusPrimeTsiya
    Next class idea:

The Sin Eater (Or Empath depending on setting)

• Able to transfer all or some negative effects from target to themselves
    • Able to "consume" those negative effects at the cost of energy
    • As power grows also able to project effects so can take from a friendly and put it on an enemy
    • Projection would also include state of mind so could be used for de-aggro in place of feign death type actions.   
    MrMelGibson

edited May 2017
    This thread has been the humor and relaxation we all need...

And @Keller two words, fuck yes. 

Literally displays what I want to see in a class.
    Keller
    Interesting.. been a long time since I played GW2.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This is a class I would like to see in more games.  STO has a species called 'Alien' which has access to most other races and their stats.  This lets you create a unique character with skills pulled from the others.  Exactly like a changeling. Great idea.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    It's an amazing movie.  You won't be disappointed.
    SomethingUnusualIselincameltosis
    I want a new class named the Meme Summoner.  When faced with dangers, the MS can search google for a relevant meme per encounter.  His basic attack would be a Hitler meme.  
    [Deleted User]Hatefull

My support class of choice is the Rocket Surgeon.
    Octagon7711Distopia
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

My support class of choice is the Rocket Surgeon.
    Awesome!

MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

It's an amazing movie.  You won't be disappointed.
    It was over the top done right. It was a blast.
    MrMelGibson

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

DMKano said:
    Keller said:

Or western & steampunk would work too. As provided in the video below. People might not the music or the fancy dance moves, but it's more about the automatic assault guitars, plasma violins and the setting!

So far all the steampunk themed MMOs have not done so hot.
    To be fair, there really hasn't been a AAA developer attempt at an steampunk mmo.  There have been a couple that had some steampunk mentions, but not the overall theme.

I personally have always been a cyberpunk over steampunk kind of guy.  But I imagine if done right by the right people.  Steampunk mmo could be interesting.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,007

Gambler - Random consequences good or bad for every action.

Super Noob – Can use starter skills from ALL classes.

Merchant – Throw money at a problem to make it go away

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Iselin said:
    The Mimic

• Has a % chance to learn spells cast on him and a smaller % chance to learn those cast near him. The % chance increase as the character develops.
    • Any spells learned this way can be used for a limited time only (1 - 24 hrs) depending on proficiency
    • These spells are used at reduced effectiveness which can be increased with repeated absorption of the same spell over time until they can be used at full effectiveness.
    • There is a small chance (increased with repeated absorption of the same spell) that knowledge of a spell can become permanent,
    • Has high innate magic damage resistance
    OMG did you just ninja'd my thoughts? 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited May 2017
    Beside The Mimic which @Iselin stole from me shamelessly!! I like to play a class with serious cursing. I mean the kinda curses your mother would put on ya, you'll end up in a terrible marriage and your child will break your Playstation kinda curse. 

© @ConstantineMerus - 2017 - all rights reserved!
    • Class Name: Anathema
    • Cannot cast any curses unless has taken damage. 
    • Types of curses: Damage, Damage reduction, Chance to hit reduction, Chance to cast another spell/skill, Reduce durability, Reduce inventory space, Reduce item stats, Control malfunction (mouse invert, movement keys rotation, etc.), Misfortune (received harmful spells targeted at other players instead), Increase mana/energy cost. 
    • Some curses are removed after you die, some would need cleansing, some you would just have to serve the time. 
    • Curse power depends on the amount of damage Anathema has received. Most powerful curses are empowered by Anathema upon death. If Anathema is killed multiple times by a player, the curses become much stronger. 
    • Curses can have longer duration but weaker effects, or shorter duration with stronger effects, or would build up with time passing or vice versa. 
    • Anathema has very limited harmful spells/skills besides the curses. 

Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung