Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fort Triumph - Medievel X-Com inspired kickstarter game

BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97
While I'm aware people have been burned by crowdfunding (including me) I feel its worth putting a shot out for Fort Triumph (Fort Triumph is a tactical RPG featuring interactive environments and epic quests in a world on the brink of destruction). It's promising both in its gameplay (there's a demo available that can be downloaded independently of via steam) and in the developers openness and engagement with backers.

Have a look, see what you think and, if its your cup of tea, maybe back it! 3 days to go to get 9k for it to be fully funded!

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forttriumph/fort-triumph-tactical-rpg
    The link, to save people a Google!

It looks promising enough.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I googled it too . It looks like it could be fun. The amount is not a lot they may make it in time.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Cheers for posting the link, forgot that part! From what I've played of the demo it is fun, just watch that fireball spell while in the wooden village...

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Eh, it's like XCOM but like the new ones. With enemies spawning just out of sight, or even worse, within sight where nothing was before. The second mission or so tells me to survive for six turns, but i have no idea where the enemy is coming from, so the whole premise of positioning my heroes correctly is gone. And flair wise - i just secured the village, which has only one entry. How can there be more goblins inside?

I'm also not convinced that you can do all that cool stuff that you do in the tutorial all that often in actual missions. I couldn't do any of it in the 2-3 mission i played, despite immediately seeing like 5 possible additional ways to kill the goblins in the tutorial.

At least they don't reposition when they discover you, thats probably the worst thing the new XCOM do.

If you like the new XCOM games, this is probably a lot of fun. If you like the *old* XCOM games, stay away from it. If you like both, take your pick.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore