Beta Demo

SynicalNetworkSynicalNetwork Member Posts: 9
edited May 19 in PC Gaming
Greetings Forum Members

I am here to gather some opinions on my new upcoming MMO. This MMORPG is called Synical. Synical is a third person multiplayer in which users will be able to select a class and pvp, quest and build up their guilds.

Please keep in mind this is not a released beta version.

Watch the video @ YouTube

Please like the video or vote in our poll!

Kind regards
The Synical Network
Post edited by SynicalNetwork on

Comments

• ReizlaReizla 127.0.0.1Member UncommonPosts: 3,992
    No YES option? :P 

Not liking it (yet) because of the extreme simple graphics. And it's not too had to make a 3D flat platform where you can walk & rotate camera around the character.

Positive feedback to add: Set the camera center on the character's face instead of the center body. That'll make the scroll & look feel more natural. Also make the character at least twice the size it's now. If feels like you're using a pixy compared to the size of the buildings ;-)

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    MSI GTX970 GAMING 4Gb + 2x HD monitor 1920x1080

• SynicalNetworkSynicalNetwork Member Posts: 9
    edited May 19
    Poll is fixed.
    And thank you! All advice is appreciated and I thank you for your honesty.

Although when you say

Reizla said:

Not liking it (yet) because of the extreme simple graphics. And it's not too had to make a 3D flat platform where you can walk & rotate camera around the character.

Please be sure that this is multiplayer and we are not aiming for simplicity, which is why we use functions such as sun shafting, color correction, FoV and blurring amongst other things 
    As for scale, due to functionality being a primary objective, we will definitely scale things to size.

We will post a multiplayer demo after a few days as we have a lot of things we need to accomplish right now.

Thanks again 
  • Paulolino34Paulolino34 PortoMember UncommonPosts: 34
    If you are building this game out of passion and love for the MMOrpg scene, continue to do so you should do what you love.

But if your doing this for the money, you should consider dropping this, make a side scrolling indie with a good story and put it on steam.

Your MMO is Years Back in time.
    edited May 19
    If you are building this game out of passion and love for the MMOrpg scene, continue to do so you should do what you love.

But if your doing this for the money, you should consider dropping this, make a side scrolling indie with a good story and put it on steam.

Your MMO is Years Back in time.

Partially yes but also partially to fund other projects. 

You say its years back in time, I wonder how so or at least how I could differ that. The difference between a lot of other MMORPGs is they have teams, established grounds for development and whatnot while I am one man who did this in 3 days.

Unfortunately money makes the world go around and if I had one successful project I.e Synical, then I would be able to fund other projects.

We have other team members but due to lack of collaboration and the recent start on this, Their input is nil at the moment.

I'll be quite frank here, development is a job and it all depends on your approach, this is why I am here, for valued input from fellow gamers. Unfortunately one of the downfalls of being a developer, is that you no longer enjoy games. 

I grew up with Conquer Online, a terrible isometric game in which they monetized to death, but still made 7 million freaking dollars D:

So my plan was simple enough, develop a bit, get an idea of what the gaming community wants, monetize but still keep an equal enough free to play and pay to play environment with hopes to use funding for things such as,  Unity Licensing, Maya Licensing, Virtual Private Servers etc etc.

I loved gaming, I love development more and my knowledge is not limited to C, C++, C#, F#, Java, Html, Php, JS, ASM, etc etc

This isn't a brag either, this is me telling you what I know in hopes to be told I am either in the right direction or completely wrong direction.

I also understand the scale of issues that most mmorpgs face. So my issue is whether or not this is a good project to continue with or whether I should focus on another project (which will also need to ensure monetization due to the lack thereof). Considering I have not brought my team in yet, shows the information needed is critical at the moment.

As a new member here, I highly appreciate the feedback and welcome the warm responses from other members.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 6,672
    Are you James Proctor by any chance?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

I'm sorry Slapshot, is that a joke? If not then I do not understand what you mean sorry.
    Greetings Forum Members

I am here to gather some opinions on my new upcoming MMO. This MMORPG is called Synical. Synical is a third person multiplayer in which users will be able to select a class and pvp, quest and build up their guilds.

Please keep in mind this is not a released beta version.

Have you considered a Kickstarter?  I mean, your description of the game above sounds amazing and unique.  If you create a Kickstarter with limited Tiers and set a modest goal of say.. $900,000 you should do well!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

If you believe Synical to be potentially successful, then I will consider that. As I mentioned guys, all input is appreciated and won't be ignored. Criticism is good, Many improvements can be made by criticism.
    edited May 19
    Oh I guess I failed to see the Satirical content there (after all its not like we are conversing face to face). I hope you understand the magnitude of creating something unique
    Also there is a fine line between criticism and sarcasm, criticism has its own online whereas sarcasm is always lost in translation. Understand that sarcasm will not always be taken onboard as sarcasm due to the lack of human element.
    In other words if you are going to be a smartass about things, your opinion is not heeded.
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 105
    edited May 19
    If you're planning to create something fun and potentially profitable then don't start off with an MMO. First make something a small group can handle and don't try to learn it the hard way. Don't dump too much valuable work into an unfinished project.

Come up with a small but interesting idea and build a whole game around that without extending your scope too much.
    Post edited by rertez on
    Seriously... Kickstarter is the way to go to get people to fund you based on your project description.

I would change it from being a fantasy MMO though... too many of those.   Pick a niche that isn't flooded and own it.  Maybe a zombie/survival one might be a good start.

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 22,143
    There's a certain charm to low budget looking games. So "yeah" I could play this provided there are actually places to go/explore. Dungeons, crypts, temples, etc.

I don't actually share Slapshot's take on the "fantasy" part. I seem to only ever be interested in Fantasy mmo's and I do think there are others like me.

Still, he does have a point in that if you pick an under served genre you might be able to fill a niche.

edited May 19
    To be quite honest,  I hate the whole indie phase, I am likely to stick it out with what I have done. Developers are a dime a dozen, a decent developer, not so much.
    edited May 19
    It is fair to say that In the 3 days, I have put already such a huge amount of effort in, considering the problems encountered and skills can be used in other areas although I always have that problem of being an early 90's growing up 2D, the indie phase doesn't really grasp my attention that much and I feel as if the challenge of an mmorpg is a warm welcome rather then the ease of 2D games.
    However you look at it, there is always a niche. And each and every aspect of gaming has at least been done once, I will figure it out I guess. 
    As for this project, I think I'll stick with it. Not like its gonna get worse
    Will fix post and video later tonight. Considering I would have to show every aspect of the game and not just "a 3D flat platform where you can walk & rotate camera around the character."

And slapshot in 3 days I have developed a 3rd person multiplayer MO

In 3 days already has trading, pvp, Pvper status, quests, mobs etc etc
    I read one useless sea urchin on gamedev who took 3 months to make a multiplayer area where two cubes could talk on a flat plain.

With over 5000 lines of code already, who are you to put a pessimistic view on this
    I will repost when I have added some magic pixie dust and made the video pleb friendly because obviously bandicam did me no favors