Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny 2 - Playing on PC - Tackling the New Inverted Spire Strike - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    We all know that when it comes to stuff like optimization, controls, UI and missing graphical options/supports is a thing in cases like this.

I guess now it's up to see where Destiny 2 stands on that aspect because otherwise better buy the console version.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    cheyane said:
    No FOV slider /sob
    It will be there in the final version of the game.
    DeadStep

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• skakrukskakruk Member UncommonPosts: 46
    So, no dedicated servers right?..
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Oh shait @skakruk

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/19/15662958/destiny-2-pc-no-dedicated-servers
    No Dedicated servers mean it's the same as the first game. 

It's beyond me how peeps on this site where talking about Destiny 2 being one MMO! :neutral:
    Ozmodan
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Lol, mmorpg.com where is your destiny mmo lol.

Tap your mmo ruby slippers together and repeat "destiny 2 will be an mmo, destiny 2 will be an mmo"

Ozmodan

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Lol, mmorpg.com where is your destiny mmo lol.

Tap your mmo ruby slippers together and repeat "destiny 2 will be an mmo, destiny 2 will be an mmo"

True. Then again, the first Destiny was a much more social experience then most MMOs released in the last 10 years. Funny how that works. Silly labels and other nonsense to keep it simple for those easily confused.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    OzmodanRexKushman
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Looking at the videos they seem to be going in more of an RPG direction, multiple races, but looking at the gameplay I still see everyone wearing helmets, so who knows.

It always had multiple races. :)
    They've hid it well then! I'm not fond of everyone in full battle armour/space suit games. A bit over done and easily forgettable.
  • KirinRahlKirinRahl Member UncommonPosts: 159

So... This is Destiny 1? Looks exactly the same... Disappointing.

Out of curiosity... what do you want it to look like? It's mainly only a sequel in order to keep people from wailing MAH GJALLARHORN again; you can still play with your old gear and your original character in Destiny. This is moving forward, breaking free of old traditions from D1, and doing some CRUCIAL changes (see: Kinetic/Energy/Heavy instead of Primary/Special/Heavy) which are going to be absolutely enormous balancing influences in PvP and PvE both.

Did you think it was going to look completely different? Throw out all the character designs, maybe? Add completely new enemies, as though everything was wiped out of the solar system somehow? Come on, man.
  • DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136
    The real question is how long does pc players need to wait for their platform ?

1 month ? 3 months ? 6 months ?

I will wait for the revieuws from sceptic youtubers who dont get payed or are fanboys before i decide to buy it.
    It does look like a massive improvement from D1, but i wont ever preorder a game in my life again.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    KirinRahl said:

So... This is Destiny 1? Looks exactly the same... Disappointing.

Out of curiosity... what do you want it to look like? It's mainly only a sequel in order to keep people from wailing MAH GJALLARHORN again; you can still play with your old gear and your original character in Destiny. This is moving forward, breaking free of old traditions from D1, and doing some CRUCIAL changes (see: Kinetic/Energy/Heavy instead of Primary/Special/Heavy) which are going to be absolutely enormous balancing influences in PvP and PvE both.

Did you think it was going to look completely different? Throw out all the character designs, maybe? Add completely new enemies, as though everything was wiped out of the solar system somehow? Come on, man.

They're selling the exact same game with QoL fixes....thanks for proving my point?