Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So when does this become fun?

ConsuetudoConsuetudo Member UncommonPosts: 191
I played this game like 10 levels and uninstalled. The story is disappointing and generic and I don't like where the game is going, feels too much like SWTOR. I keep hearing people say it's awesome.. when does it become awesome? Am I missing something? 
[Deleted User]Viper482jimmywolfXarkosumdumguy1

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ConsuetudoConsuetudo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    DMKano said:
    If you are not having fun within the first 30min, it's usually not for you.

Maybe taking a break from MMOs and just doing some single player RPGs?
    The only game I'm playing is Battlefield 1 really, for many hours. I don't really like single player RPGs but thanks for the suggestion. 
    Thebeasttt
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    I played this game like 10 levels and uninstalled. The story is disappointing and generic and I don't like where the game is going, feels too much like SWTOR. I keep hearing people say it's awesome.. when does it become awesome? Am I missing something? 
    It's a very open ended game. Ever since they removed levels from NPCs, you can do any piece of content at your convenience. If you don't like an area, you can completely skip it. Similarly, if you like an area, you don't need to grind up to access it. That's the most unique selling point in my opinion.

To me, the game isn't greatly amazing, it's more along the lines of comfortable and uninsulting.
    [Deleted User]d_20TealaLucienRene
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Most games are orientation at the beginning.  I enjoyed questing as I followed the main quest line.  I also enjoyed just heading out to do my own thing at times.  At 10 you can PvP if that's your thing.  Get the free starter home (room), it lets you teleport back to that location free.

If you have the expansions then jump right into the dark brotherhood and the thieves guild.  If you like the supernatural then go right for the werewolf or vampire quests or buy the potions in the store and start leveling the skill lines.  

Get the shards location addon and start collecting shards to build up skills.  For gear, grind a dolmans location or do dungeons.  Join the fighters, undaunted, and mages guilds for extra skill lines. Some of them have persuasion skills so you don't have to do errands to convince NPC's to help, just use the skill.

With all three faction areas being open now and it being so easy to jump from location to location there's a lot to do.
    Kyleran

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It was never fun for me. But that was mainly because I did not like the UI. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    As with most Elder Scrolls games.. The fun doesn't come in the first 10 levels.  It's the whole game as an experience.  There is more to do in ESO than any MMO that I know of.  So, I guess you need to figure out what you like and stick to it.
    guizica
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    If you are trying to force yourself to enjoy something because others do it never will be fun for you. You either enjoy it or you dont that doesn't mean its not fun it just means its not fun for you.
    PhryTindale111klash2def
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Level 10 is when both group dungeons and PVP are unlocked. Did you try either of those?
    d_20
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I logged into this game one day and could not even take one step on my character. I was just standing there looking at the game and could not find one reason to play. I mean I was really enjoying the game and all of a sudden one day the fun was gone.  :/
    ScotchUpJeroKaneLucienRene
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    My problem is I play for an hour or so with ESO, then go back to my heavily modded Skyrim as every time I try ESO, it makes me play Skyrim. Modded Skyrim has better graphics, tons of content and lots and lots of new lands to explore. Plus all the loverslab stuff ;)
    Phry

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    My problem is I play for an hour or so with ESO, then go back to my heavily modded Skyrim as every time I try ESO, it makes me play Skyrim. Modded Skyrim has better graphics, tons of content and lots and lots of new lands to explore. Plus all the loverslab stuff ;)
    yet skrim's combat is absolute trash compared to ESO. i can't play skyrim anymore for that reason alone and it's not like ESO's combat is other worldly either.
    Phry
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Recore said:
    I logged into this game one day and could not even take one step on my character. I was just standing there looking at the game and could not find one reason to play. I mean I was really enjoying the game and all of a sudden one day the fun was gone.  :/
    I am that way with it as well. I go stretches of playing it and then just like that I step away.
    That happens to me in many games.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    baphamet said:
    yet skrim's combat is absolute trash compared to ESO. i can't play skyrim anymore for that reason alone and it's not like ESO's combat is other worldly either.
    Skyrim does have pretty janky and very floaty combat. But ESO feels very floaty as well, but the actual combat is a bit better. Still not that great. ESO, it feels like characters "glide" everywhere. Compared to say WoW, the animation and everything feels really smooth (except riding mounts in WoW is the absolute terrible not even comedic worthy animations. Its just completely stiff and gross looking). 
    LucienRene

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    It clicks with you or it does not.

I leveled two characters to max - and honestly the game is incredibly boring. The combat lacks impact. The quests are amazingly boring despite voice acting. The world is generic as it gets. The zone visuals are just copy and paste over and over.

There are some things going for it. Pretty good PVP , public dungeons , general sand boxiness of progression.

But as I said - for some ( me included ) its very boring and generic - good thing is , you can notice this early in the game, so you dont need to waste time waiting for some big change
    ConsuetudoLucienReneMikeha

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Depends more on your build. My Dual Wield & Bow Sorc didn't get fun til like 40~
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    When you move on to another game...
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    If you dont have fun early, just stop and wait a month or 2 and try again if you couldnt figure out why you didnt have fun. If you continue now, you will likely hate the game. :neutral:

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    baphamet said:
    Oh I don't agree with that at all.

If Elder Scrolls Online had Skyrim's combat (or say, more like Mount and Blade) then that would be something.
    LucienRene
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    While I find the single player games more to my liking, I would suggest you dropping the main quest (or changing factions) and treating it as an open world rpg and do what you want.

As far as factions, I really like Aldmeri Dominion. The others didn't click with me.

But again, if you can't get on board with the story treat it as an open world and do what you want. See if that helps.
    PhryLucienRene
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    DMKano said:
    If you are not having fun within the first 30min, it's usually not for you.

Maybe taking a break from MMOs and just doing some single player RPGs?
    First 15 levels in ESO were very boring for me, had to force myself to continue, then the game opened up.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    To love it you need to have pretty good imagination and love the lore. Not for everyone. And it is pretty generic.
    ConsuetudoLucienRene

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    edited May 2017
    ESO is a unique cookie and by that I mean its  one of those games where you need to level up some to really enjoy the game.  Why? Because there's so much when it comes to your character and by that I mean, abilities, class skills, weapon skills, armor skills, guilds, and more importantly, its skill based so you NEED to play and level up to unlock most of your skills for your character before you can really feel how the game will be.

Play the game some more, level up, unlock skills to get a true feeling of the game. First 10-20 lvls is NOT a legit way to judge THIS game
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    From my experience? Probably never. I really like Elder Scrolls and I've tried giving this game a chance on at least 10 different occasions, but I just cannot enjoy it for some reason.
    Consuetudosumdumguy1
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited May 2017
    For some it won't ever become fun.  I was there at launch, and didn't like it.  I came back with a focus on PvP, and didn't like it.  I came back and tried a new character after huge changes over time, and didn't like it.  I came back to play with a friend that was in love with it, and I didn't like it.  Finally, I came back for One Tamriel . . . and still didn't like it.  The story is OK.  I loved Skyrim, and can usually dig something about all but the crappiest of MMOs, but ESO, for some reason I can't put my finger on, remains meh from start to finish for me.  I don't hate it, but it feels tiresome from the get go.  I've given it so many chances to pull me in and it never does.  After all, many MMORPG.com users love it, and it is consistently rated very highly when compared to other MMOS.  It has all the elements of a quality MMO: attentive devs, expansive world, decent crafting, good dungeons, raiding, Good-ish graphics, more than a "tacked-on" PvP game, and an active playerbase.  Alas, though, it just ain't for me, and I can't explain it.  Luckily, there are tons of MMOs to choose from these days.  Don't feel bad, OP.  Just mark it off the list and move on.
    ConsuetudoLucienRene[Deleted User]