Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time to post and reasons

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
This is actually a continuation of my earlier issues which started in the thread here
 http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/462250/can-a-new-video-card-fry-my-monitor#latest

which no one has to read again which is why I am posting this because if I continue posting in that thread I suspect people will simply ignore it.

I solved the issue of the computer sometimes not booting or double booting by editing the TdrDelay to 10. It worked fine for about ten days during which it started up and worked fine then yesterday it did the same thing again and it even was unable to create a dumpfile for some error called volmgr event ID 161.

So I got the very latest driver and changed the TdrDelay to 8. Now it takes some time to post. At first I thought it had hung and I forced a shutdown but I later realised because I started the computer and went to the kitchen for about 2 minutes it actually boots up but just takes time to post. Everything is fine after it starts up.

I have a question did the my changing the TdrDelay have anything to do with the current issue. Does extending TdrDelay have any harmful effects on the computer that may manifest with time. I did scour the internet but could find no evidence to support this so I hope I did not screw things up.

I do not mind it taking a minute to post I just wondered if it is indicative of some other problem manifesting itself in the post delay. BTW that post delay only happens after the computer has been left shutdown for a few hours. If I shut down and start up again there is no post delay well the 3 times I tried it anyway. I cannot categorically rule that out though.
Chamber of Chains

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    I skimmed the other thread but didn't read it all.
    Have u done a new clean install of windows?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      Did you check the air in tires?

Just j/kin , i know nothing about PCs .. hope you get some help tho
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    cheyane said:
     BTW that post delay only happens after the computer has been left shutdown for a few hours. If I shut down and start up again there is no post delay well the 3 times I tried it anyway. I cannot categorically rule that out though.
    Have you replaced your on-board battery? Just throwing it out there. What, if anything, has @Quizzical said? He seems to be the resident computer guru here.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Yes clean install Windows 10. It went away again after I did the hold for 20 seconds the shutdown button and then to turn the power on and start up. Could be the battery like you said.
    Chamber of Chains