Time for a new ^%&@# mouse

2»

Comments

• cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 4,698
    edited May 14
    I have had Logitech Mice for years I love them and luckily no issues so far but others have so no idea. G600 and then before that the G700 . I have two G600 actually now afraid one might pack up and bought another. I hear red dragon is good too. Using daily three years is pretty good for a mouse . How long do you expect it to last ?Redragon Perdition

Post edited by cheyane on
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 13,414
    edited May 14
    Glad you like the Glaive. How do you like the CUE software?

I decided to get the Corsair Sabre RGB. It's not perfect but it's pretty good so far. I wish it were about 5mm longer. The button behind the scroll wheel can't be reached without changing grip and the middle mouse button doesn't have a freewheel toggle like the G700s and G900 did. I still like this better than the G900 Chaos Spectrum and it's a third the price.

I also got the K70 LUX RGB with Brown Cherry MX switches. It's a dream.

The CUE software isn't as intuitive as the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS), but it's more powerful in how you can program lighting effects.

One major pro for both is I can store the configuration profile onboard the keyboard and I believe the mouse as well.

I sent the G610 and G900 to work to replace an aging Dell chiclet keyboard and M500 mouse.
    Post edited by Torval on
    Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.
  • TillerTiller Member RarePosts: 5,997
    edited May 14
    Torval said:
    Glad you like the Glaive. How do you like the CUE software?

I decided to get the Corsair Sabre RGB. It's not perfect but it's pretty good so far. I wish it were about 5mm longer. The button behind the scroll wheel can't be reached without changing grip and the middle mouse button doesn't have a freewheel toggle like the G700s and G900 did. I still like this better than the G900 Chaos Spectrum and it's a third the price.

I also got the K70 LUX RGB with Brown Cherry MX switches. It's a dream.

The CUE software isn't as intuitive as the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS), but it's more powerful in how you can program lighting effects.

One major pro for both is I can store the configuration profile onboard the keyboard and I believe the mouse as well.

I sent the G610 and G900 to work to replace an aging Dell chiclet keyboard and M500 mouse.
    It's ok so far, still getting used to it. I have been switching out grips to see what I like best. A good comparison would be a stretched limo compared to Volkswagen bus. It sits a little squat and narrow so it's a bit more awkward to pick up but allows your hand to rest comfortably on it. Side buttons are in a good location and set back so no accidental clicks during lift off. I wish the mouse buttons curved down a bit more but it's still functional. If I used palm grip my fingers would be off the mouse, but since I use finger tip grip most times it's not an issue.  When I bought the G600 it took me forever to get used to since the shape forced you to rest your ring finger on the g-shift button; which I never used. I have another Logitech mouse with the free wheel design and I like, but it isn't a necessity for full time gaming, mostly good for work like scrolling fast through large excel spreadsheets.

All in all it's a decent mouse that does what I need it to and no more. As for the CUE software you are right, it's not as intuitive as Logitech's, but It works and seems to have more customization capabilities. I wish the they added onscreen DPI cues, but I mostly play in one or two dpi settings so it's not needed. I know some people complained that the DPI lighting on the mouse was not customizable, but I have never thought it was issue.  I almost went for the M65 which I felt was the closest in shape to the G600, but the fact that I would change the side grips on the Glaive sold me on it.

Edit: One thing I have noticed is that the Corsair RGB Logo gets warm after it's been cycling for about 30 min or so. While this isn't a deal breaker I could see ho wit might get annoying to some. Not sure what's going on there with that issue.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    Torval

My Steam

My Soundcloud
    SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin

• TillerTiller Member RarePosts: 5,997
    cheyane said:
    I have had Logitech Mice for years I love them and luckily no issues so far but others have so no idea. G600 and then before that the G700 . I have two G600 actually now afraid one might pack up and bought another. I hear red dragon is good too. Using daily three years is pretty good for a mouse . How long do you expect it to last ?Redragon Perdition

If a mouse lasts my 5-6 years I feel that is a fair to be honest. By that time I will most likely be looking to upgrade anyways and knowing what I was using is still going strong I'm more likely to replace it with a different product from the same company. I had a Logitech G5 that lasted me about 6 years. I replaced it only because after all that time the cord started to fray and replaced it with the G600. I wish they still made them like that.

My Steam

My Soundcloud
    SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin