Time for a new ^%&@# mouse

2»

Comments

• cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 4,738
    edited May 14
    I have had Logitech Mice for years I love them and luckily no issues so far but others have so no idea. G600 and then before that the G700 . I have two G600 actually now afraid one might pack up and bought another. I hear red dragon is good too. Using daily three years is pretty good for a mouse . How long do you expect it to last ?Redragon Perdition

Post edited by cheyane on
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,112
    edited May 14
    Glad you like the Glaive. How do you like the CUE software?

I decided to get the Corsair Sabre RGB. It's not perfect but it's pretty good so far. I wish it were about 5mm longer. The button behind the scroll wheel can't be reached without changing grip and the middle mouse button doesn't have a freewheel toggle like the G700s and G900 did. I still like this better than the G900 Chaos Spectrum and it's a third the price.

I also got the K70 LUX RGB with Brown Cherry MX switches. It's a dream.

The CUE software isn't as intuitive as the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS), but it's more powerful in how you can program lighting effects.

One major pro for both is I can store the configuration profile onboard the keyboard and I believe the mouse as well.

I sent the G610 and G900 to work to replace an aging Dell chiclet keyboard and M500 mouse.
    Post edited by Torval on
  • TillerTiller Member RarePosts: 6,111
    edited May 14
    Torval said:
    Glad you like the Glaive. How do you like the CUE software?

I decided to get the Corsair Sabre RGB. It's not perfect but it's pretty good so far. I wish it were about 5mm longer. The button behind the scroll wheel can't be reached without changing grip and the middle mouse button doesn't have a freewheel toggle like the G700s and G900 did. I still like this better than the G900 Chaos Spectrum and it's a third the price.

I also got the K70 LUX RGB with Brown Cherry MX switches. It's a dream.

The CUE software isn't as intuitive as the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS), but it's more powerful in how you can program lighting effects.

One major pro for both is I can store the configuration profile onboard the keyboard and I believe the mouse as well.

I sent the G610 and G900 to work to replace an aging Dell chiclet keyboard and M500 mouse.
    It's ok so far, still getting used to it. I have been switching out grips to see what I like best. A good comparison would be a stretched limo compared to Volkswagen bus. It sits a little squat and narrow so it's a bit more awkward to pick up but allows your hand to rest comfortably on it. Side buttons are in a good location and set back so no accidental clicks during lift off. I wish the mouse buttons curved down a bit more but it's still functional. If I used palm grip my fingers would be off the mouse, but since I use finger tip grip most times it's not an issue.  When I bought the G600 it took me forever to get used to since the shape forced you to rest your ring finger on the g-shift button; which I never used. I have another Logitech mouse with the free wheel design and I like, but it isn't a necessity for full time gaming, mostly good for work like scrolling fast through large excel spreadsheets.

All in all it's a decent mouse that does what I need it to and no more. As for the CUE software you are right, it's not as intuitive as Logitech's, but It works and seems to have more customization capabilities. I wish the they added onscreen DPI cues, but I mostly play in one or two dpi settings so it's not needed. I know some people complained that the DPI lighting on the mouse was not customizable, but I have never thought it was issue.  I almost went for the M65 which I felt was the closest in shape to the G600, but the fact that I would change the side grips on the Glaive sold me on it.

Edit: One thing I have noticed is that the Corsair RGB Logo gets warm after it's been cycling for about 30 min or so. While this isn't a deal breaker I could see ho wit might get annoying to some. Not sure what's going on there with that issue.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    Torval

• TillerTiller Member RarePosts: 6,111
    cheyane said:
    I have had Logitech Mice for years I love them and luckily no issues so far but others have so no idea. G600 and then before that the G700 . I have two G600 actually now afraid one might pack up and bought another. I hear red dragon is good too. Using daily three years is pretty good for a mouse . How long do you expect it to last ?Redragon Perdition

If a mouse lasts my 5-6 years I feel that is a fair to be honest. By that time I will most likely be looking to upgrade anyways and knowing what I was using is still going strong I'm more likely to replace it with a different product from the same company. I had a Logitech G5 that lasted me about 6 years. I replaced it only because after all that time the cord started to fray and replaced it with the G600. I wish they still made them like that.