What should you use for thermal compound? Basically, just don't use Chocolate.

GruntyGrunty TexasMember RarePosts: 8,035
edited May 5 in Hardware
She was grimacing. "That does sound like what America's has been trying to do for the last century or two--get rich faster than the parasites could steal it."   The Free Lunch by Spider Robinson
Post edited by Grunty on

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 6,700
    I usually use ArcticSilver but good to know that I can use a dollop of mayo in a pinch!!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

• AsheramAsheram Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    What about peanut butter and jelly?

• ExcessionExcession NottinghamMember UncommonPosts: 445
    I go with arctic silver ceramique 2, but might give mayo a try next time

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• kitaradkitarad RomeMember EpicPosts: 3,460
    edited May 5
    My heavens this is quite bizarre . What possessed anyone to try this ? MacGyver anyone?
    Post edited by kitarad on

• RidelynnRidelynn Fresno, CAMember EpicPosts: 5,764
    I think I still have a tube of AS5 that's about 10 years old now that I still use. 

I have used toothpaste in a pinch, I can confirm that one does work.

Basically as long as you have anything in there filling in the microscopic gaps in the metal, but not so thick that it acts as an insulator, it's going to work.