Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Play?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
i hate leveling/questing but i love endgame grind + pvp how fast is leveling ? and how popular is this game? are lvl matter after 55lvl?

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    If you like PvP it would be fair to warn you that upgrading your gear is heavily dependent on RNG and can be soul crushing.
    Chamber of Chains
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Note that the "end-game grinding" is unlike any other MMORPG.  There are no dungeons or group content worth doing.  You just grind on mobs by yourself forever.  Why?  So you can keep doing it.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Note that the "end-game grinding" is unlike any other MMORPG.  There are no dungeons or group content worth doing.  You just grind on mobs by yourself forever.  Why?  So you can keep doing it.

Eh, it's "progressing your character" in whatever way you choose. Yes, you can grind endless to chase the next level, or you can chase the life skill rankings. Or you can do whatever seems like fun to you, such as building an Epheria Sailboat and continuing to pimp it out.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ZionBaneZionBane Member UncommonPosts: 328

cheyane said:

If you like PvP it would be fair to warn you that upgrading your gear is heavily dependent on RNG and can be soul crushing.

Oh, so it's like Trove, where all the gear is RNG.... Ouch. That RNG is why I stopped playing Trove.
    Izork
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    You can just buy upgraded gear with $ raised from grinding and workers. I haven't summoned the BS in months.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    op.............No
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    edited May 2017
    The game is pretty flexible in terms of levelling. If you don't like quests, you can grind monsters and just do the bare minimum. In many cases, the xp rate of grinding monster camps is superior to questing.

What I love is the fact that weapons don't change with levels, they just get stronger as you upgrade them. This means you can save up for a weapon early on, keeping it all the way until endgame. That way the low level grind feels like it's actually contributing to your late game character.

One thing I'm not sure about is the PvP gap. Others may need to answer this. I don't know how difficult it is to become relevant in PvP. I assume many players will be well equipped, making it difficult for you to catch up.
    killmaxski
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited May 2017

Eh, it's "progressing your character" in whatever way you choose. Yes, you can grind endless to chase the next level, or you can chase the life skill rankings. Or you can do whatever seems like fun to you, such as building an Epheria Sailboat and continuing to pimp it out.

The OP said he doesn't like leveling and appeared to like end-game content.  I was just informing him there is no end-game content in Black Desert, which I think deserves noting since it's incredibly unusual for an MMORPG.
    killmaxski
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    No endgame like other games is correct. You can do dailies for boss scrolls, and they've added awakened boss scrolls, which are a whole new ballgame in terms of difficulty. You can chase world bosses too. Depends on what you want out of your endgame. Node wars are much fun as well.
    killmaxski

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    davc123 said:
    i hate leveling/questing but i love endgame grind + pvp how fast is leveling ? and how popular is this game? are lvl matter after 55lvl?

Dont listen to the crying about RNG.   Playing the RNG game is optional, most people just grind the gold and then buy the upgrades straight from the market without ever having to play that RNG Game.
    Making money is the grind.. but once you know how, you dont even have to grind mobs much.

Players who cry about the RNG are usually players who are pretty bad at sandbox games in general
    Mikehakillmaxski
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Tsiya said:
    You can just buy upgraded gear with $ raised from grinding and workers. I haven't summoned the BS in months.
    This is what I do. I'm done with enchanting gear. I just play how I want, put my money away and when I see an upgrade I buy it.
    Mikehakillmaxski
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo