Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim Anime Overhaul (version 1) is now downloadable on MODDB

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
http://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

I think I posted this before, but can't find the thread. Also at the time, the expansions weren't released and there was no direct download on MODDB.

For what the mod is...

Skyrim Anime overhaul changes the game to an anime-style game. It contains extremely rare, and many custom mods. The original creator is someone who went by both "Appolyn" and "fabiencolombo". The addons for the Anime mod were recently released. They consist of the Dawnguard expansion for Anime Mod, and the Dragonborn addon.

The Dragonborn and Dawnguard expansions to the Anime overhaul changes Khajiits to an anime race. It also adds many new items, custom quests, and an entire new land to explore. The Dawnguard edition is much smaller in scope, with the only big change being a completely re-done Vampire Lord. The Vampire Lord is anime-based. The Dawnguard addon however does add a small quest, and some new Vampire based items.The Vampire Lord also has a new re-done skill tree, along with new abilities. Its powerful, but balanced with the difficulty of the overall mod.

However, despite the "Anime" part of the mod and it advertising it as an "anime-style" game. The mod really mostly focuses on content, gameplay and graphics. As for graphics, you need a pretty good PC (mine is above average overall, but very old CPU (i5 660 3.3GHz) and I have to limit FPS to 30 and it still drops to 20 in areas). You need a better CPU than GPU with Skyrim, and my CPU actually barely runs vanilla as it is.

Version 2 is a version I did myself, but its only available through mega.nz. It updates a vast majority of mods that are out of date in version 1, and adds a lot more new mods. Its over 20gb download though, and you have to read the mod description on how to download it properly. Personally, version 1 is actually more bug-free than version 2 is, but you lose a lot of the custom content and better looking characters. With that said, I play the original version  1 because my PC isn't good enough for version 2. From what people said though with feedback, version 2 is still as stable as version 1 (despite some bugs), just need an up to date modern PC to play it.

As for installing. Its pretty straight forward as almost everything is done through mod organizer. The most work is downloading and copying the files over to your Skyrim directory. Then also to download the expansions to the mod+the fixed load order patch in the download page. The fixed load order you just replace the load order in mod organizer (the folder inside the skyrim directory, not client) inside the anime sub-folder. Pretty easy. Everything else is pretty much automated after that.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Cool for those who may like anime.

Personally I don't care for anime. But props to the person who put so much work in on the mods.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I love anime. Thank you for sharing that.