Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF space game like SJG Car Wars

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
edited April 2017 in General Gaming
Does anyone know of a spaceship building game like Steve Jackson's Car Wars?

For those who don't know what Car Wars is, it is a game where you build a car and then have engage in combat.

I would like to find a game where i can build a shit or a fleet and then engage in combat scenarios. Does not need multi-player. I would prefer a game that the main function is building the ship and then going off not getting a really small ship that you upgrade as you go. I have played FTL as much as I care to and would like something a little different. Something where there is more free range in the ship building and not so constrained by RNG on what you can build in your ship.

Yes I know about Galaxy Trucker, but I am looking for a video game not board game ported to IOS.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Site hosed my formatting so I had to fix it.
Edit 2: Not willing to purchase/support/play games in alpha/beta/early access game.  The game needs to be completed and fully functional.  

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I guess I should have put this in the OP, but I won't purchase an alpha/beta/early access game.  The game needs to be completed and fully functional. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin