Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tech Team Reveals Secrets Behind World Texturing - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageTech Team Reveals Secrets Behind World Texturing - Conan Exiles - MMORPG.com

Conan Exiles News - The Conan Exiles site has been updated with a new look at how worlds are built. This time the tech team takes center stage and reveals the secrets behind how the world was textured in a very short time. This includes both the application of textures as well as how issues since launch have been dealt with.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    If you cant stop people from glitching into your base killing everyone and looting everything no matter what the weight is. No stairs needed. Just come through the rock or green wall. The game is unplayable.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Bcuda said:

If you cant stop people from glitching into your base killing everyone and looting everything no matter what the weight is. No stairs needed. Just come through the rock or green wall. The game is unplayable.

It's early access. If glitches (and the kind of players exploiting them) drive you up the wall, you really should wait for the complete game.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

Bcuda said:

It's your own fault for playing an early access game as if it's a released product.

There needs to be a competency test before people are allowed to participate in early access games.

• GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Or just play single player (local server). It eliminates almost all the bugs/glitches and is a blast while learning all the systems and exploring.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

GrandpaDJ said:

Or just play single player (local server). It eliminates almost all the bugs/glitches and is a blast while learning all the systems and exploring.

You know what the problem with these games are ...other people!

• GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Exactly! I like my MMOs with limited amounts of people  :)  Just enough to socialize with but not enough to bother me.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

DMKano said:

kitarad said:

GrandpaDJ said:

You know what the problem with these games are ...other people!

Story of a modern gamer:

I feel so alone in these single player games

Plays MMO:

I hate how other players ruin everything!

The End

Just imagine how much better every multiplayer game could be if we didn't have all the fucking hackers, cheaters and asshats.

The amount of time, money and nerfed game systems just to deal with assholes.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    game is still unplayble and laggy those guys should be sued !
  • SainguinSainguin Member UncommonPosts: 75

DEXA88 said:

game is still unplayble and laggy those guys should be sued !

I'm really not trying to be mean but I have to ask: Do you have actual brain damage?
  • revenaantrevenaant Member UncommonPosts: 5
    This game is terrible... not sure why the made a survival game out of Conan in the first place
    should have been a single player RPG, or put that other Conan MMO out of its misery and start
    over. If i'm Conan I want to Crush my enemies not chop trees !
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

revenaant said:

This game is terrible... not sure why the made a survival game out of Conan in the first place

should have been a single player RPG, or put that other Conan MMO out of its misery and start

over. If i'm Conan I want to Crush my enemies not chop trees !

In this game your not Conan. Your a peon and you have to make your own way.

I love it.

Can't wait till it's done 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    And all I could think about reading the short summary... Oh look, consoles holding back gaming, AGAIN.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche