Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just taking a look

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Since I ran out of MMO ideas I thought I'll look at one of my old favorites.

Back around 2004-2005 I burnt out of WoW and found this great game.  I played a Cleric and I made a lot of friends and felt needed.  The dungeons were so well made and loaded with anomalies and traps.  To this day I still say WoW, D&D Online, and Vangaurd are the best mmos ever made, maybe add EQ2 in the mix ( never did play the first gen mmos ).

Now this is nostalgia talking because I tried DDO about four years back and everyone did speed runs and I didn't remember the content to keep up, so I had no choice but to leave........Add that the F2P SUCKED !

Since I'm running out of options, here I am.  But all I'm reading is about a dead game and worst ANOTHER GAME ON EASY MODE !

What's up with this EASY MODE crap that all classics turned into ?

Anyway, back to Vanilla World of Warcraft for me !.......... I'll log in and find the best guild on the server, make huge amount of friends and live in the world like an mmo's used to be :)........ And screw retail with it's EASY MODE :(

Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited April 2017
    Write if you find work ..

We'll leave the light on.  ;)
    jacefelton

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Kyleran said:

Write if you find work ..

We'll leave the light on.  ;)

Since the babies lips were blue from the cold cold winter, I figure I'll try for a stock boy and Joe's market.  Since I don't have a car I can walk :)
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    I agree Op, I would gladly play Vanguard again if Daybreak opened it up again. OK I had four levels 55 toons built up over a seven year period but I reakon you could still find places you hadn't been. 

The game was vast. 

I agree Op, I would gladly play Vanguard again if Daybreak opened it up again. OK I had four levels 55 toons built up over a seven year period but I reakon you could still find places you hadn't been. 

The game was vast. 

You know !.... If Daybreak got ahold of Vanguard they would butcher it up with EASY MODE.

Easy mode killed all the retail classics.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Oh, yeah. The old games that still are around have been dumbed down so much that it is painful. Just like any new game that have some kind of difficulty in the beta (like GW2) fast gets nerfed down so a 5 year old kid easily can play.

They could at least add hard servers (actually tough content and better loot) so we could have the option to play at interesting difficulty. All the people that suck at gaming could still be playing the super easy "normal" servers.

Loke666 said:

Oh, yeah. The old games that still are around have been dumbed down so much that it is painful. Just like any new game that have some kind of difficulty in the beta (like GW2) fast gets nerfed down so a 5 year old kid easily can play.

They could at least add hard servers (actually tough content and better loot) so we could have the option to play at interesting difficulty. All the people that suck at gaming could still be playing the super easy "normal" servers.

Yes, hard servers would work, in fact harder than original would work better !
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Lol. DDO was a great game. It's been ruined by the new owners. Actually, that's unfair, the ruination started well before it was taken over, but it's got no better. Years back it was a buzzing game, the hubs were full, auction bustling. Unfortunately some bad game decisions, a bit of greed, and it's all to easy to destroy the balance and head into a downwards spiral.

Like a lot of games, it's freakin' easy to spot the 'bad' things, but nothing ever gets done about them. Could start with one of the stupidest reincarnation systems ever devised. God, it's loathsome on just about every level.

I sometimes wonder if the only reason it's not been just thrown out is because it's basically a deliberate mis-sell and players constantly (judging by numerous forum posts)  waste money on the incorrect mall items for the reincarnate they need. I wonder how much they have made off mistakes? Probably more than most other things in the item mall IMO :).
  • GoorlotGoorlot Newbie CommonPosts: 34
    edited July 2019
    Actually, SSG came from Turbine (the employees were originally from Turbine).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WB_Games_Boston

But you're right. The game has a lot of issues.