Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legendary Armor Coming for Raiders with Flashpoint - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageLegendary Armor Coming for Raiders with Flashpoint - Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 News - When Guild Wars 2 Flashpoint, the next chapter in the Living Story, launches on May 2nd, raiders will be able to score some unique Legendary armor. These special pieces will have a unique look and animation and come complete with rune slots.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    The only gripe I have about this game is not having a mount..
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    There was a whole thing when the game was launching about playing what you want how you want.  Thats why they really tried to focus on giving all classes some healing options, or defensive options. 

But with each new release its gearing more towards playing very specific things in very specific circumstances so that you can grind them out for inconsequential rewards.

This is just another piece of it.  A lot of players don't even do raids.  Even more importantly newer players that might want to run them usually won't unless they are playing desired builds.  

With so many other issues regarding skills and build viability, not to mention possibly reworking the revenant altogether, as its useless without glint - I think they've just got a strange focus in terms of what will get players excited.

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332

Torval said:

The mmo for gamers who didn't want it to be all about raids is now.... all about raids.

If I were going to play a game for fun raiding this would be at the top of the list or in the discussion. It would be WoW, Rift, Wildstar.

GW2 should have stuck with its strengths of...um, hmm not sure what that was but Raids was/is not it. It had decent open world content but it got to be too tedious/annoying/grindy over the years - and was always very unrewarding compared with what they tried to promote (fractals, sPvP, etc.)
  • ZionBaneZionBane Member UncommonPosts: 328

azurrei said:

Torval said:

The mmo for gamers who didn't want it to be all about raids is now.... all about raids.

If I were going to play a game for fun raiding this would be at the top of the list or in the discussion. It would be WoW, Rift, Wildstar.

GW2 should have stuck with its strengths of...um, hmm not sure what that was but Raids was/is not it. It had decent open world content but it got to be too tedious/annoying/grindy over the years - and was always very unrewarding compared with what they tried to promote (fractals, sPvP, etc.)

Their best quality was being very casual friendly. In fact, I enjoyed GW2, simply because it was casual friendly. I loved the story dungeons, the dynamic events, the world exploration, there was so much to do.. and so much of it was a blast, and all of it became viable. I could solo, I could group, I could a nameless peon in a massive event, and still get some viable loot, gear, and progress.

Raid really kinda ruined all that. I wish them well and much success, but.. just not the game for me anymore.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Did the story solo right up to the end. Sadly the last part was a forced group instance. Not sure why they made 99% of it solo and then BAM, group or tough luck.

WvW was a ton of fun bit they decided to abandon it in favor of their esport pvp.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Butt ugly ...
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Looks like a Power Rangers villain
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Scorchien said:

Butt ugly ...

Sadly, yes. While some of the legendary weapons are ugly as well most of them are awesome which is the reason we bothered to grind them. Putting that much work into a really ugly armor makes zero sense.

Until they actually make some cool armors (and I know they can do that, some of the regular armors look really good) only the worts "gotta catch them all" type of player will bother about them. Something ugly, with few in-game advantages and extremely grindy wont be popular.

Did the story solo right up to the end. Sadly the last part was a forced group instance. Not sure why they made 99% of it solo and then BAM, group or tough luck.

WvW was a ton of fun bit they decided to abandon it in favor of their esport pvp.

I can understand that, you get a more epic feeling that way and maybe it could get a few solo only people trying to group. 1 group instance ain't that bad, many games through 1 in now and again during the story. Then again, you could play the whole story as a group since it scales so it might have been a bad choice.

I agree, but they have given up on that so maybe they can get WvW improved now.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Nothing coming out of Anet since the expansion makes me want to play GW2 again, least of all anything to do with raiding. The whole reason I was attracted to GW2 to begin with was because it was one game that wasn't about endgame raiding. 

As @Torval said, if I wanted to raid, I wouldn't be playing GW2.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    edited April 2017

I have soloed Story Journal 16 on 2 of my classes found it challenging and extremely long. Then I grouped up on the 7 other classes I had.

Hearts and Minds Solo

Post edited by StoneRoses on
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

If that is all you are complaining about - the game is not for you. There will never be mounts in GW2 - sorry. That is what the Teleportal system is about.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Honestly, as a Fashion Wars player, I don't like any of these skins. I suppose that's fortunate, given that they are locked behind completion of the raids.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Who wants to bet there's gonna be a lot of clipping?
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

botrytis said:

If that is all you are complaining about - the game is not for you. There will never be mounts in GW2 - sorry. That is what the Teleportal system is about.

They eventually added Gliders in order to milk them in the Gem Store, i can perfectly see them adding mounts if they ever add Elonia or Cantha
  • UthraxUthrax Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Savicharr.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Asch126 said:

botrytis said:

They eventually added Gliders in order to milk them in the Gem Store, i can perfectly see them adding mounts if they ever add Elonia or Cantha

Another charity case! I mean they are pretty greedy.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I really have come to hate the endless loot.  It feels more like diablo and that any drop is worthless.  They need to nerf the crap out of drops or add some unique weapons or weapon effects.  I know they want to push you to the TP so you do the Gem Purchase thing, but it really hurts the fun of crafting and drops.  

And even this method of grind tokens to get armor is just not exciting.  I hate gear in this game.  
  • ZionBaneZionBane Member UncommonPosts: 328

They did change that, were Arah, for personal story, could be soloed. Or at least such was the case when I played it.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Meeeh, that armor is ugly AF, and this coming from a person who regularly plays GW2.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • monkeyslapmonkeyslap Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited April 2017

It use to be. You're referring to the Arah dungeon story mode, as the final part of the personal story. Well over 2 years ago they revamped it so you can actually complete it solo. But, they also changed it so you can only complete the story mode of that dungeon once per character. You can still do the various dungeon paths (non-story mode) as much as you want though.

I have to agree with others. All this focus on raids and legendary gear has turned a casual game into a toxic elitist environment, in some areas. I constantly see people complain on Reddit and the official forums about how toxic raiders are. If you're not using a specific profession with specific gear and a specific build, you're not getting into any parties, unless you go with guild members or form your own group. And with skill balance changes, people have been complaining about Revenants no longer being wanted in raids anymore. (I've never done a single raid though. I'm basically just going by my observations of the community.)

A while back though, someone on the official forums created a thread to ask "what's the point of going through all that trouble to get a legendary when people aren't constantly complimenting me on how my character looks?" Like, seriously? I just sat there wondering what to think about that. I still don't know how I feel about someone complaining that nobody is constantly saying nice things to him because he has a legendary. /head_desk

Overall, in my opinion, it's a great game with a wonderful community. The toxicity and elitism isn't quite as bad as it seems. Then again, I don't raid or PvP. But for PvE not much happens aside from the occasional argument over something stupid in Ember Bay.

Edit: I also agree about WvW being in a bad state. I like it on occasion but it's been rather boring for a while now. We also have a lot of threads in the WvW section of the official forums being closed on a regular basis because "match-up and server link threads aren't allowed", due to the threads constantly devolving into arguments. And yeah, people constantly complaining about nothing being done to improve the state of this game mode. The most we got recently from a dev was something about them working on better rewards for skirmishes. What that means is anybody's guess.

Dark Helmet: "What?! You went over my helmet?"

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I bet they pinned the original manifesto on their darts board.
  • DrawocDrawoc Member UncommonPosts: 51

Why do you need a mount? Vanity item? Current travel system works just fine.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    That looks like something from Tera .

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Can't let an opportunity to slam GW2 get past me. :)

1) The dungeons were so much fun. Team dynamics were required to stack against wall, behind items and burn mobs down.

2) WvW was a PvP masterpiece. So many fund memories of joining the random zerg, marching across the world looking for undefended castles and stray straggles unfortunate enough to be zergless.

3) Open world events, talk about riveting experience. You would do the event, then do it again, and again, but nothing really changed.

4) The story, let's not forget the story. Bad acting, and dialog that sounded like a conversation with someone incapable of understanding words with more that two syllables. I will forever remember doing battle with e dragons eye, or was it his teeth...

In all sincerity though, I LOVED GW2's art style. Anet has a talented art team.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    The world was pretty but the game stunk....The constant dynamic events got old really fast...I dont know how anyone makes it to end game in this, it just isnt a fun game.