Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP server.

pokrakpokrak Member UncommonPosts: 111
edited April 2017 in Elder Scrolls Online

Do we need open world pvp server? Do we want it?
Yes we do. Some of us do.
There are mmo games coming this year focused on pvp but non will ever match with ESO with its combat system, character development, size of the world, story etc. Some gathered bilions on kick starters… There is a hunger for pvp games.
Thousands of people will start play ESO and return to it if there is pvp server.
Some content can’t be adopted to open world pvp idea? – no need for it, delete it, we pay the price.
Plenty of zones ESO has can be place of thousands of battles small and large.

There is no game like ESO on the market right now and won’t be any time soon.

Do you want pvp server?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Almost as bad as asking for an EVE PVE only server.
    Taneon

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Kyleran said:

Almost as bad as asking for an EVE PVE only server.

It's also such a 2013 poll... the memories! :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Truth is that concepts such as FFA PvP look fun to lots of players initially but then faced with reality (as in real thing) suddenly those players start to question their choices and get back to PvE/limited PvP stuff.

Also not certain what good PvP server would make here for real + I'd myself prefer ZOS to stay true to their original PvP concept (RvR in Cyrodiil) - it's enough that they bring battlegrounds really.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Generally, I think it will lead to a lot of griefing. However, I do admit that it is tempting. I really would love to kill node stealers. Those people who see you fighting mobs at a node or chest and them come take it while you're busy. Seriously, would love to gank them. And thieves and murderers in town, too. 

• 209vaughn209vaughn Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I would reroll a character on a full open PVP server.  It would remain to be seen how much I would end up playing on that server, but why not give it a shot?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Only if they balanced only for that server.  I can hear the complaints now about class X, being op and calls for nerfs this and nerf that. 
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Torval said:
    A separate server is... never. going. to. happen. 

They could create pvp only layers/phases but a separate server won't happen. That won't happen either, but it's a more reasonable request. I think they're happy with the setup as it is. 
    ^This.

A flagging system maybe(akin to the old AC version). Where you can run around "red" and fight others ,who are red, maybe.

But as said above, nope.
  • DilligDillig Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I think they would have to remove all the fast porting before I would go for something like this. Keep folks from just porting aorund hunting players. Make them work for it.