Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally – Return to Morrowind - Elder Scrolls Online Previews

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFinally – Return to Morrowind - Elder Scrolls Online Previews

For years since launch, the island of Vvardenfell has sat on the Tamriel map in Elder Scrolls Online… taunting me, blank as the digital parchment it was drawn upon once was. But no more. Thought I traveled down to Maryland to see the official unveiling of the new ESO chapter, we didn’t get any time to actually play the new Warden class or the new zone. Now I can safely say that if you love ESO, Morrowind is set to give you heaps more of the game you adore.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    If you like solo story content then I am sure this expansion is great.
    If you like any sort of challenge then look elsewhere.

This game is more action rpg than mmo. Which is what the devs have been aiming for.
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

jdnewell said:

This game is more action rpg than mmo. Which is what the devs have been aiming for.

love story content. challenge? i get that from RL. i'll take easy from my entertainment.
  • tyrrintyrrin Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I am so bored with this game; everything is too easy. I was slogging through hoping Morrowind would be great! But after the recent patch notes, I am moving on. I think that I am done with MMO's entirely.
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023

jdnewell said:

sounds awesome to me :-)))
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

jdnewell said:

sounds awesome to me :-)))

I agree sounds good to me too.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited April 2017
    Give already some love to guilds... How Mage/Fighter/Thiefs Guild of Tamriel could have ONLY 5 skills...and no disciplines/specializations. That's not funny.
    Glad you guys are looking forward to the expansion =)

If you are a story mode fan then this game is a really good one. I played pretty much daily for over a year and quit when they added the gamble boxes. But that was just a personal gripe and something I couldnt get behind.

And to clarify I dont necessarily want uber hard mode on every single aspect of the game, but when you can light attack you way to victory while not wearing any armor then........yeah
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Looking forward to it. 

More horses in the store please. You can't have too many horses. 

jdnewell said:

Which is great, since MMOs mostly suck these days and nothing on the horizon looks much better.

jdnewell said:

Which is great, since MMOs mostly suck these days and nothing on the horizon looks much better.

Not really that great considering that there are better ARPGs out there lol
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Don't get me wrong, love me some ESO, but, if you took the huge volcano out of the map, how would the map sizes compare then?
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited April 2017
    Good read, insightful stuff but grammatically flawed.

I did encounter awkward sentences and typos more than a couple times, not that it matters too much.

For example : " Thought I traveled down to Maryland " or " and " there are roughly 30 hours of questing content " are some of them.

All in all excited about new changes and the doomsayeth nerfs, I think the game will gain a new momentum amongst builds and whatnot. I was tired of 1 skill spamming-buffing-spamming process,

Not so excited with developer manipulative comments and patch note oration. They are deceptive and confusing.

beLIEve

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    I'm glad that this is looking promising. LotRO and SWTOR's last updates... well, I just haven't been able to get into them. The former succumbing to currency madness, and the latter going with a rep grind. Some people apparently love that sort of thing, but not this guy.

Just point me to a new place to explore, some QoL improvements, and I'll be a happy camper.

Robsolf said:

I'm glad that this is looking promising. LotRO and SWTOR's last updates... well, I just haven't been able to get into them. The former succumbing to currency madness, and the latter going with a rep grind. Some people apparently love that sort of thing, but not this guy.

Just point me to a new place to explore, some QoL improvements, and I'll be a happy camper.

I used to love LotRO, but the out-of-control cash shop is what keeps me away. Getting interrupted by television commercials is less painful than the game's UI.

jdnewell said:

jdnewell said:

Not really that great considering that there are better ARPGs out there lol

That's a matter of opinion. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Damn privileged journalists and their damn NDA early exemptions. I'll have things to say about Vvardenfell and the Warden... eventually.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that some of my ever so controversial early comments about Morrowind's dubious xpac status, being just a re-branded DLC, etc., have now become part of the accepted mainstream talking points about it. Good job catching up! :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    edited April 2017

Robsolf said:

I used to love LotRO, but the out-of-control cash shop is what keeps me away. Getting interrupted by television commercials is less painful than the game's UI.

Oh I wish that was the worst thing... right now, in order to get end of game stuff, you have to collect stuff from the ground and from mobs to craft tokens, to sell to an NPC for an ingredient to craft another token, to turn in with other dropped currency to get a gear piece. The system reeks of the same kind of crap I see in phone games that I no longer play for that reason.

"You have 20 green McGuffins? That won't cut it. You'll have to combine them, 10 to 1, with yellow McGuffins which randomly drop by doing an hour long instance. Once you do this, you'll have a purple McGuffin. Take 12 of them to that vendor out in the middle of nowhere. He'll give you a burnt jaundice colored McGuffin which can be used to play a minigame where you may or may not win a chromatic fuschia mcguffin. Collect 30 chromatic fuschia mcguffins, And collect 100 green, yellow, and purple Mcguffins, and take your pick of whatever armor piece you want! Once you've got the armor, I'll tell you what you have to do to upgrade it so that it's actually better than what you have, now..."
  • m0j0r1s1ngm0j0r1s1ng Member UncommonPosts: 6

I did encounter awkward sentences and typos more than a couple times, not that it matters too much.

For example : " Thought I traveled down to Maryland " or " and " there are roughly 30 hours of questing content " are some of them.

All in all excited about new changes and the doomsayeth nerfs, I think the game will gain a new momentum amongst builds and whatnot. I was tired of 1 skill spamming-buffing-spamming process,

Not so excited with developer manipulative comments and patch note oration. They are deceptive and confusing.

Agreed on tthe grammar comments. The number of ads that appear on MMORPG's website set the bar high enough that the articles should be proofread by an editor before publishing.

Agreed on tthe grammar comments. The number of ads that appear on MMORPG's website set the bar high enough that the articles should be proofread by an editor before publishing.

It's not just here. I find at least 1-2 spelling errors in the Wall Street Journal every day. 

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    1.) Thank you for the typo catch. I thought I eradicated that.

2.) There are 30 hours is grammatically correct. You can even check with Grammarly if need be.

3.) If you had to write and proof the amount of content that Suzie and I do, alongside working our other jobs, you'd go mad. Hold WSJ accountable, and hold us accountable, but maybe realize that we're also juggling multiple jobs while running this site. What's WSJ's excuse? :D

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285

2.) There are 30 hours is grammatically correct. You can even check with Grammarly if need be.

3.) If you had to write and proof the amount of content that Suzie and I do, alongside working our other jobs, you'd go mad. Hold WSJ accountable, and hold us accountable, but maybe realize that we're also juggling multiple jobs while running this site. What's WSJ's excuse? :D

Fully agree

Hey Bill.
    Your sentence is : " Vvardenfell is indeed the game’s largest single zone to date, and there are roughly 30 hours of questing content packed into the area"

In this sentence your subject is " content " which is a singular, uncountable noun therefore your verb " are " has to be singular " is ". If you went like " there are 30 hours packed into the game " then it would be right but since you used " content " , " is " is your man.

Since you played along I thought I would do so : )
    Not that it matters much.

beLIEve

edited April 2017
    @Torval . There is a difference between solely pointing out mistakes for being right's sake and giving feedback for improvement ,specifically which was my first intention. I personally read everything in detail and process it like I listen to a story. Moreover, this is a renown website where your thing is write and read in which I believe these errors should be pointed out.

We do point out the minor details in our society for improvement. Does your perception beg to differ?

beLIEve

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Moreover, this is a renown renowned website "where your thing is write and read" (awkward) "in which" ("where"?) I believe these errors should be pointed out.

See what I did there? I totally ignored the content of your message despite the fact I understood what you were saying, to make insignificant grammatical corrections.

You really should save making a point of correcting grammar for those occasions where the error makes the meaning ambiguous or actually changes it. Otherwise you're just derailing discussions.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    I find myself always making Elder Scrolls games more difficult with the difficulty setting and even with that setting to hardest, makes gameplay either too easy or ridiculously boring in a way that is not challenging. As far as the MMORPG goes, not surprised to find that its not very hard..... sure can be time consuming, but I am not even done with Morrowind.. and I think that is a better game honestly.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA