Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game still relying on Relic gear as BiS?

PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62
I remember leaving this game because it left little to no option for a player to gear up unless you do the whole history/relic quest which to me was retarded.

I was wondering if it's still the same as i mostly play a tank and i was always left benched because there was someone else maxed out with their relic gear on.

Currently i am playing no game but a friend of mine wants to play something so i am considering getting back again if they changed that model.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Comments

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 271
    there are several ways to get top end weapons.  casuals can upgrade their shire weapon to 270 in no time at all now since the patch.  There are also dropped weapons from end game content.
  • PaladrinkPaladrink Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Hmmm... just to confirm i do not have to do 50 chained quest to get the base sword for that "upgrade" right?

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

• kallenskallens Member UncommonPosts: 39
    FFIVX has a tome system, also a raid system for gear, weapons are either crafted, tomes or relic, potd 
  • peanutabcpeanutabc Member UncommonPosts: 175

Paladrink said:

I remember leaving this game because it left little to no option for a player to gear up unless you do the whole history/relic quest which to me was retarded.

I was wondering if it's still the same as i mostly play a tank and i was always left benched because there was someone else maxed out with their relic gear on.

Currently i am playing no game but a friend of mine wants to play something so i am considering getting back again if they changed that model.

The relic has always been behind or equal in ilvl through current content periods.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    edited May 2017
    To give a clear answer, no you do not need to rely on the relic, theres other good options.

New expansion in a month so now is a great time to return.