Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stardew Valley - Super charming and fun?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey folks,

I've been hearing really good things about Stardew Valley.  Is it really that addictive, charming and fun?  I was thinking of picking it up on PC, PS4 or Switch when it's available.  The price is right!

If you've played it, what do you think?

Comments

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    If you enjoy games like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing (though it's much closer to the former) then yeah, you'll love it. I'd even go as far as to say I enjoy it more than any HM game (even my favorite two, Friends of Mineral Town and Wonderful Life). 
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Its a great game, lots lots lots to do haha, the harvest moon comparison is accurate, but it goes further, feature wise, than HM. pick it up if u like those types of games, u wont regret it.
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited April 2017
    I am by most measures an indie junkie and my impression of this game is that there are many 'like' it some before it existed some after it existed but for whatever reason this one rose to the top for the 'non-indie' crowd to notice. Not sure why but it did.

My point being keep looking (in addition to buying this one if it interests you) without concern of being validated by others. just look, if the game looks cool then jump on it.

case in point, I personally would play Another Brick in Mall instead (for 8bit graphics experience) but I understand this game has some specific elements that some gamers appeal to that do not appeal to me.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me