Crowd-Funded PvP Extravaganza a Columns at MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff EpicPosts: 24,468

imageCrowd-Funded PvP Extravaganza a Columns at MMORPG.com

This week Tim Eisen crams too much into one column as he attempts the unheard-of feat that is covering Chronicles of Elyria, Crowfall and Camelot Unchained at the once! In case you are wondering, in the interest of fairness he drew names from a hat to decide which one got the lead in image.

Read the full story here

Comments

• wolfi77wolfi77 Member CommonPosts: 3
    looks great
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLMember EpicPosts: 6,942
    "I suppose that part of the backer appeal; the content that is created as the story of a crowd funded game develops. "

It's also fun for non-backers and creates lots of content for them as well!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

• LaetitianLaetitian ViennaMember UncommonPosts: 19
    edited April 20
    > "I seem them as individuals each with their own boons and banes."

< Are you sure, though? Because I am pretty confident that the phrase "boons and banes" comes up about twice in each Camelot Unchained kickstarter promotion video and once in every second "Foundational Principle".

Mark Jacobs basically lives through those words.

[Couldn't blame you if you had a certain partiality towards that direction, though; RvR territory control, together with predesigned (though obviously customisable) classes, is the secret to a good MMO - the world just hasn't quite had the chance to see how rewarding its teamplay and objectives can be.]
    Post edited by Laetitian on
  • swing848swing848 Ohio, USAMember UncommonPosts: 284
    Not much here.
    Just play Dark Age of Camelot - it is still around.

Intel Core i7 7700K, MB is Gigabyte Z270X-UD5
    SSD x2, 4TB WD Black HHD, 32GB RAM, MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning LE video card

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,079
    umm this article wasnt only about CU, seems that some missed that
  • TimEisenTimEisen Columnist Member RarePosts: 2,937

Laetitian said:

> "I seem them as individuals each with their own boons and banes."

< Are you sure, though? Because I am pretty confident that the phrase "boons and banes" comes up about twice in each Camelot Unchained kickstarter promotion video and once in every second "Foundational Principle".

Mark Jacobs basically lives through those words.

[Couldn't blame you if you had a certain partiality towards that direction, though; RvR territory control, together with predesigned (though obviously customisable) classes, is the secret to a good MMO - the world just hasn't quite had the chance to see how rewarding its teamplay and objectives can be.]

I do favor a MMO, her name was Star Wars Galaxies and I'm still not over her.
    I used to role-play a Warrior Priest now I role-play a writer.
    "Basically if a Ninja Turtle used it, or close to it, I like it."
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 25,541

DMKano said:

umm this article wasnt only about CU, seems that some missed that

Naw, we just don't care much about the other two.

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - Screw off-grid PVE boosting changes

Pouring on extra "Salt" for 2017

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 10,628
    edited April 21

Kyleran said:

People do not care about CU either...there is no player base for MMO with antique mechanics and devs living in the past...
    Post edited by Gdemami on

Gdemami said:

Kyleran said:

People do not care about CU either...there is no player base for MMO with antique mechanics and devs living in the past...

Who cares?
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 25,541

Gdemami said:

Kyleran said:

Gdemami said:

Kyleran said:

Might not be large, but there is definitely a player base.

Besides, go away, I was just messing with Kano.

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - Screw off-grid PVE boosting changes

Pouring on extra "Salt" for 2017

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHMember RarePosts: 8,531
    edited April 21
    I lost all interest in Chronicles of Elyria when thy announced they were doing a single player first.  I see that as a complete waste of development resources.  I just do not believe they will make the expected money from such an endeavor.  

I am still watching the other two.  Could be some really decent pvp coming down the pike.

As to Gdemami, waste of time replying to any of the posts, when you are clueless and determined to stay that way it serves no purpose.
    Post edited by Ozmodan on

Ozmodan said:

I lost all interest in Chronicles of Elyria when thy announced they were doing a single player first.  I see that as a complete waste of development resources.  I just do not believe they will make the expected money from such an endeavor.  

I am still watching the other two.  Could be some really decent pvp coming down the pike.

As to Gdemami, waste of time replying to any of the posts, when you are clueless and determined to stay that way it serves no purpose.

Wait...I thought they were doing a single player demo first...wasn't that just a demo? Are they doing a full AOC thing now?