Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated list of completed features and still missing ones

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Of course it's padded. They admitted that the number of "Star Citizens" is not the number of paid accounts and yet everyone uses the amount of "Star Citizens" as a measure of the popularity of the project.

ie "Well ..... 1,793,244 Star Citizens sounds mighty impressive to me all right."

If we're honest, there's nothing impressive with 1 million or so forum accounts that haven't even backed the game.

Well, there are 1,255,676 player ships ("UEE Fleet") in Star Citizen at the moment .. and no, not every player owns 50 ships ;-)

We already know from a spokesman of the CIG subcontractor Turbulent that the number of PAYING backers (NOT "Star Citizen" forum accounts)  in the middle of 2016 was over half a million. And many more have joined since then.

Those that HAVE backed so far contributed 147+ million $.

Every week thousands of people still become Star Citizens.

Yes, personally i think  that IS impressive.

I do not know any other gaming crowdfunding project that even comes near these numbers. More like AT LEAST a magnitude less in contributions and backer numbers.

Have fun
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Kefo said:

CrazKanuk said:

Kefo said:

CrazKanuk said:

Vrika said:

MaxBacon said:
    And yes, perhaps we need a place more excluded of personal or biased interpretations. I can try to put something up and I would welcome you to contest anything you wouldn't consider accurate, I really do believe we need a tracker like this that needs to stay objective.

No you can not. Anyone who is ready to spend enough time to make a list like this has an agenda. Either they are supporting Star Citizen, or against Star Citizen.

You might be able to hide your agenda better and fool people better than the list's creator. But we won't be seeing an objective list.

Yeah, but maybe he wants a sticky :) 

In all fairness I could care less whether it stays or not, but if it is left then it will be a great reference for the next time that someone is whining about who pro-SC MMORPG.com is. 

My guess is that there's probably a better, more accurate reddit list somewhere. This is just the most convenient and it has colors and looks like a graph, so it must be accurate :) 

I've posted another list from Reddit that wasn't quite up to date before (listed stretch goals, promises, etc) and got a less then stellar response from one of the usual suspects lol.

Found it!!!

Personally, I'd prefer to copy/pasta that list and vet it here than leave it as a sticky instead of the link from the OP here. I think that, at very least, the items in the other list are mostly tangible things. There are still some items that are questionable, such as "No Pay to Win" or "No Subscriptions", since I think that the context of those items are VERY debatable. Also, other items like mods, etc. are completely reasonable to NOT be completed. I can't think of a game off the top of my head where mods were implemented before the game was officially released. 

Either way, I think that the reddit list you quoted previously is actually much more relevant. 

Just my opinion, though. Would that seem reasonable? Also, if we threw it all into a thread here would you admin it? If you do that I'll second it so we've got almost an issues council of sorts. Unless you don't care enough to actually invest that amount of time. I question the value of it myself, actually. That being said, in the event that there is any dispute, we know that we are within driving distance of each other, so we could always have thumb-wrestling matches to resolve disputes. 

Can it be longbows at 200 paces? I haven't used mine yet this year and wouldn't mind a moving target :awesome: I kid I kid don't report me lol

Just so we are clear you are asking me to recreate the Reddit thread here and mod it so that as things get fixed or dropped the list would be updated? I would require proof of said things in order to move them around (assuming I want to do that lol)

Yeah, that was the idea, but I'm questioning the value of effort. 

For that reason, maybe just do a straight copy/paste and if someone feels strongly enough to actually support an item or have it removed, they can post into the thread. 

That being said, again, it boils down to value and SC threads, including this one, show that is in limited supply. Thoughts? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    There are alot of things still missing from the game, but. Their still 10 years away from coming close to a release. Give them some time people.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Erillion said:

Of course it's padded. They admitted that the number of "Star Citizens" is not the number of paid accounts and yet everyone uses the amount of "Star Citizens" as a measure of the popularity of the project.

ie "Well ..... 1,793,244 Star Citizens sounds mighty impressive to me all right."

If we're honest, there's nothing impressive with 1 million or so forum accounts that haven't even backed the game.

Well, there are 1,255,676 player ships ("UEE Fleet") in Star Citizen at the moment .. and no, not every player owns 50 ships ;-)

We already know from a spokesman of the CIG subcontractor Turbulent that the number of PAYING backers (NOT "Star Citizen" forum accounts)  in the middle of 2016 was over half a million. And many more have joined since then.

Those that HAVE backed so far contributed 147+ million $.
    Every week thousands of people still become Star Citizens.
    Yes, personally i think  that IS impressive.

I do not know any other gaming crowdfunding project that even comes near these numbers. More like AT LEAST a magnitude less in contributions and backer numbers.

Have fun

Yeah I would certainly hope it doesn't mean everyone owns 50 ships or else there'd only be 25,000 backers :)

If there were 500,000 backers in July 2016 that's ~44 months since the kickstarter which gives 12,000 per month (rounded up generously). It's now 9 months since July 2016 so another 108,000 backers using that monthly amount for a total of 608,000 backers.
    A very decent number in itself and shows that about 33% of forum signups are paid accounts although it doesn't mean that each account is unique.

To be fair, I don't know of any other crowdfunding project that has marketed itself in quite the same way that Star Citizen has. How many crowdfunders do you see selling end game assets and running free fly weeks and referral programmes and conventions etc.
    It's certainly been successful on that front, let's hope the actual game is successful as well.

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Tbe number of star citizens is about to take a major spike as the whales game the new referral system by creating many low value accounts for self referrals. Its already happening.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited April 2017
    adamlotus75 said:
    Its already happening.

I'm going to make 2017 Alt Accounts and buy base 45$ pledge on them so I can get the Javelin.

It's only going to cost me 90,000$, and I'll get that 3,000$ ship, sweet deal! :p
    The million might high club (10K backers) access will only cost me 46,000$!
    Winning the trip to Gamescon will cost me 132,000$...

...low value accounts you said? http://i.imgur.com/Ullr4SR.jpg

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    They are not doing it like that, they are using intelligence and lateral thinking to game the system.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>> its not even 30% done >>>

And we already have fun playing the Alpha version  :-)

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    List has been updated again and things shuffled around to better reflect everything. Plus new things have been added
    Sheet continues to be updated and items moved into their proper places. Looks like it's being fairly well run and not as a trolling tool
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2017

Kefo said:

Sheet continues to be updated and items moved into their proper places. Looks like it's being fairly well run and not as a trolling tool

If it's not a perfect representation of CIG's internal progress, you have to ignore the entire thing because it's just hate against the innocence of the valiant company creating a game just for them- each of them, individually and specifically, at the same time.  Did the white knights not make that clear?

Kefo said:

If it's not a perfect representation of CIG's internal progress, you have to ignore the entire thing because it's just hate against the innocence of the valiant company creating a game just for them- each of them, individually and specifically, at the same time.  Did the white knights not make that clear?

Lol nice response :awesome:
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

Kefo said:

Username checks out I guess.
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    That really is a sad list to read through, especially when you take into account that a bunch of the 62 completed "features" are things that have jack all to do with a decent game.

Seems like the project lead is writing cheques his dev team can't cash.
    edited May 2017

Psychos1s said:

That really is a sad list.

It's made up by goons ofc it's sad B)
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    " Checks in the Mail " lol
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

Babuinix said:

Psychos1s said:

And yet the goons are doing a good job of keeping it updated and fairly accurate
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191

Kefo said:

Babuinix said:

Psychos1s said:

And yet the goons are doing a good job of keeping it updated and fairly accurate

Of course it's fairly accurate, lets face it the project is filled with so much comedy gold there's no need to make stuff up.
    Wonderful job, fairly accurate, 90 days. ;)

Babuinix said:

Where does it say 90 days on the tracker? Or are you just trying to somehow make this about Derek Smart cause you don't actually have a good argument to try and refute the tracker? 

Im all for a good discussion but if you're just going to try and troll please go in another thread.

Kefo said:

Babuinix said:

Where does it say 90 days on the tracker? Or are you just trying to somehow make this about Derek Smart cause you don't actually have a good argument to try and refute the tracker? 

Im all for a good discussion but if you're just going to try and troll please go in another thread.

LoL to be fair I didn't clicked the link as being made by the goons is bound to be the same made up bullshit to attack Chris Roberts, CIG, Star Citizen and it's backers. All because they are still mad that they got banned from the forums and keep getting laughed at by the backers.

"In 2012 Chris Roberts convinced 34,397 backers on kickstarter to give
    his company $2,134,374 for a space simulation game "Star Citizen" with a
    Wing Commander style single player mode entitled "Squadron 42".

You only needed 2 phrases to hit the bullshimeter into oblivion hehehe

I'm sure that's the list that will make Star Citizen collapse, and I bet Chris Roberts can't sleep at night because of it! =)

Babuinix said:

Kefo said:

Babuinix said:

LoL to be fair I didn't clicked the link as being made by the goons is bound to be the same made up bullshit to attack Chris Roberts, CIG, Star Citizen and it's backers. All because they are still mad that they got banned from the forums and keep getting laughed at by the backers.

"In 2012 Chris Roberts convinced 34,397 backers on kickstarter to give

his company $2,134,374 for a space simulation game "Star Citizen" with a

Wing Commander style single player mode entitled "Squadron 42".

You only needed 2 phrases to hit the bullshimeter into oblivion hehehe

I'm sure that's the list that will make Star Citizen collapse, and I bet Chris Roberts can't sleep at night because of it! =)

You really should click the link and actually look at the list instead of making wild assumptions.....actually keep making wild assumptions cause it's been a slow weekend and I could use the laughs
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited May 2017
    Psychos1s said:
    That really is a sad list to read through, especially when you take into account that a bunch of the 62 completed "features" are things that have jack all to do with a decent game

I think sad is who takes such seriously.

And I don't even need to say anything else side of go try out the Alpha and compare the list of features and stuff you can already play through right now with such list of what is supposedly completed.

The reality gap is well, undeniable.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Kefo said:

You really should click the link and actually look at the list instead of making wild assumptions.....actually keep making wild assumptions cause it's been a slow weekend and I could use the laughs

Think it's fair to say they are actually updating and maybe people should look, but look at it as plans than promises, excluding kickstarter/Strech goals of course. When they label everything as a promise the stats become bloated. When you look at stuff that's kickstarter + stretch goals compared to mentioned "wishlist" Items, it's a big difference. 

Again no harm against it, it's quite good, but just feel the label of promise on everything single items is false thing to put imho

MaxBacon said:

Psychos1s said:
    That really is a sad list to read through, especially when you take into account that a bunch of the 62 completed "features" are things that have jack all to do with a decent game

I think sad is who takes such seriously.

And I don't even need to say anything else side of go try out the Alpha and compare the list of features and stuff you can already play through right now with such list of what is supposedly completed.

The reality gap is well, undeniable.

Seems accurate in terms of what's in game. Hell they even have the double precision for cryengine as completed when that was a big point of contention among critics and fans if they actually did it or not