Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Orcs Must Die: Unchained - Robert Lashley - Listen All Y'All...It's Sabotage! - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageOrcs Must Die: Unchained - Robert Lashley - Listen All Y'All...It's Sabotage! - MMORPG.com

Rob flew down to Plano last week to visit Robot Entertainment and take a look at Orcs Must Die Unchained. This is one of the only games in the last five years to have him do a 180 on his opinion in a good way from Beta to release.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    This one is really underrated. I know people who loved Siege are sad it's gone, but Sabotage sounds more fun. Gonna have to dive in when I have that thing called time...

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545

TimEisen said:

Despite my strong affinity for Orcs this sounds interesting.

Half of the playable characters are actually on the bad guy side, two of which are orcs.  A lot of levels (albeit less than half) are about fighting the good guy team too.  A leftover aspect from when the game was primarily a PvP MOBA-ish game, really, but a nice one.
  • giffy689giffy689 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited April 2017
    Is that a subtle Beastie Boys hint in the thread title? :)

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

This one is really underrated. I know people who loved Siege are sad it's gone, but Sabotage sounds more fun. Gonna have to dive in when I have that thing called time...

I know what I'm going to get you for next Christmas. Now if you could fine someone to give you space, you would be able to make a continuum. - C. M. B
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    I quit playing this game as soon as they made everyone have to repeat a boring tutorial.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I don't have friends but do you get automatically put in groups when you play this ?

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545

kitarad said:

I don't have friends but do you get automatically put in groups when you play this ?

Yea, there's a queue you can jump in and it'll just match you up randomly.  Though you can make pre-made parties or partial parties too if you want to.  It'll automatically try to match you up with people your level and then there are a few other scalar factors that'll try to equalize things a bit (monsters that each sabotage team fights will be the average of the team's party so a party of level 80 players will have to deal with level 80 monsters will sabotaging against a party of level 30 players that only have to deal with level 30 monsters, for example)

How much people curbstomp each other in sabotage due to level differences instead of due to skill is rather hard to gauge when you never see the enemy team, though.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    All I know is that Orcs must fucking die!
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Thanks Tiamat I will check the first version of the game then.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

giffy689 said:

Is that a subtle Beastie Boys hint in the thread title? :)

I wouldn't call it subtle at all.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    /sledgehammer
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    mehh OMD 1 and 2 are both better games ... imagine that ..
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Plano? Not quite my backyard but I could have taken you to get some pit barbeque.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams