Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolver Beta Registrations Open - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageAbsolver Beta Registrations Open - MMORPG.com News

The Absolver web site has been updated with a new beta registration page. There is no word on when the beta might begin, but it's a good sign nonetheless.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576
    This wasn't on my radar but it definitely looks very interesting.
  • LurchUSALurchUSA Member UncommonPosts: 97
    What's with the masks?

Is it to de-humanize the characters, so you don't feel so bad about beating the snot out of them?

Then again, that never stopped the majority of millennials/generation Z before. The future will be a violent place indeed.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

LurchUSA said:

What's with the masks?

Is it to de-humanize the characters, so you don't feel so bad about beating the snot out of them?

Then again, that never stopped the majority of millennials/generation Z before. The future will be a violent place indeed.

the lead artist sucks at drawing faces, so this is a good coverup and something completely unique

or not
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So they can sell custom masks in the cash shop.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Asheram said:

So they can sell custom masks in the cash shop.

and to take it 1 step further, they can sell custom masks that look like faces that you can design yourself, to look like

a normal person without a mask

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    They have hired the same team from ME Andromeda to do the facial animations.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

LurchUSA said:

What's with the masks?

God forbid anyone do anything original.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looks good but I seldom see a bad looking trailer.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    edited April 2017

Looks good but I seldom see a bad looking trailer.

There's a gameplay trailer from last year and a few from a few months. It seems like a slower, more tactical [in a way] and martial arts-focused version of what For Honor tried to do.
  • Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited April 2017

LurchUSA said:

What's with the masks?

Grand theft auto came out way before those generations. And mortal kombat. Movies were also more violent in the 80s/90s
  • shinjiFRshinjiFR Member UncommonPosts: 8
    registration for beta ? Where guys ? stop say a bullshit please... its a registration for newletter.... omg nice news again...
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

shinjiFR said:

registration for beta ? Where guys ? stop say a bullshit please... its a registration for newletter.... omg nice news again...

Watched IP man, 2, 3 in the past 24h and then came across this article... signed up! Thanks.

@shinjiFR It's for the closed beta...
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

shinjiFR said:

You really should try harder before throwing a kiddy tantrum. I just registered for beta. Not sure what you did. Either way.....relax dude. Wow.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    This game has a max of 6 people right on the 3V3 or can you team with 6 too for PvE ? Curious it looks interesting but I guess it is heavily action orientated . I would like to play it signed up for it.

Chamber of Chains