Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Female armor in mmorpgs!

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
  • Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    What's that sound? ... oh yeah, it's the sound of someone beating a dead horse. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Sector13 said:

What's that sound? ... oh yeah, it's the sound of someone beating a dead horse. 

It was probably a mare wearing plate armor.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    There is a reason it is called the fantasy genre.  =)
  • CeironxCeironx Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Yeah I'm not a fan of that either.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    So go play Dark Fall, its got real armor.
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited April 2017

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited April 2017
    Female armor on star citizen: http://imgur.com/a/RDHYp
    Pretty straight forward, without the typical sexualization of the female character.

More MMO's should approach the clothing/armor segregation, it gives it some logic.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    The platemail's gotta jiggle to truly make it authentic!
  • giffy689giffy689 Member UncommonPosts: 66

MaxBacon said:

Pretty straight forward, without the typical sexualization of the female character.

More MMO's should approach the clothing/armor segregation, it gives it some logic.

So the breast outline on the second character in the link is not typical sexulization?

giffy689 said:

So the breast outline on the second character in the link is not typical sexulization?

More related to body shape on there. The armor in here would work as the very base suit, that is that tight thing where the armor pieces are laid over as you see on the other bits of it. When compared to the same armor on the male version is hard to tell if a character is male or female.

For me sexualization is that focus on "showing skin" on that special area or its surroundings.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

MaxBacon said:

The thing is that unrealistic sexy armor isn't a huge thing in itself in a high fantasy game, the problem is that many games offer little choices. Well, and the fact that we guys get the option to look like prince Valiant but not Conan in those games.

Don't force people to look sexy or realistic unless that is the theme of the game (realistic that is, sexy games go like Scarlett blade...).

Also, full plate should probably not cover 10% of your body. If you want to make it sexy at least make it look slightly more useful then something people would wear at the beach. 

Anyways, choices is the thing. Forcing female players to look like playboy bunnies is not the smartest way to retain them as players. Letting them dress like it (assuming they don't wear heavy armors) if they choose to is another matter. And I BTW rather have more female players in the genre then fewer, it tend to make the mood better and we need more gamers of both sexes, particularly for the MMO genre.
    edited April 2017
    Loke666 said:
    Don't force people to look sexy or realistic unless that is the theme of the game (realistic that is, sexy games go like Scarlett blade...).
    I think, SC, for example, goes with this, you have your armor that is laid upon your clothes, you can take the armor off and then your clothing shows off.

The "sexy" of it for one MMO that looks for a degree of realism and logic on the player visuals, could be then allowed on the clothing side of it instead, letting armor fulfill its logical visuals side-by-side with the same thing on the male character.
  • NPCPakNPCPak Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I don't quiet mind the armor choices game designers chose for players. However, what matters more to me is if it's functional in battle. I'm interested in seeing choices given to players on what they want to wear one day, as some MMOs offered that back in the day.
    (NPCPak) Nobukon
  • DrDread74DrDread74 Member UncommonPosts: 308

The best Female Armor is any game I've seen so far,

Is in "For Honor"

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/
     An MMO game I created, solo. It's live now and absolutely free to play!
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kind of ironic that you get people on the one hand, criticising games for 'censorship' and then others complaining about armour being more about fashion than function, oh dear, that armour looks a bit too sexy, whatever shall we do :p
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    But that breast plate is very functional. Everyone knows they aim for the shiny bits.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited April 2017
    Low lvl in FFxiv:

Low lvl in AA:

Low lvl in swtor:

Edit: Lol seems I like white/grey hair!

Holy paladin!

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

Dragnelus said:

That actress needs the Bioware ugly stick to make her look more "realistic".
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

MaxBacon said:

That's some badass sci-fi armor alright! :D

YashaX said:

Dragnelus said:

That actress needs the Bioware ugly stick to make her look more "realistic".

For sure. Way too pretty. This is unacceptable. >:D

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

MaxBacon said:

I don't mind this or even a little skin showing I don't sweat this stuff. I do like my avatar to look cool but I don't patronize any cash shop to get a look or wait and try to camp for some look either. Shabby dresser I guess but I make do with what I have from the drops I get. 

My husband however goes for the most sexy look with least clothes every single time he plays. He even uses the shop in games like SWTOR or camps the AH or uses his sub rewards to buy them. His City of Heroes character had practically no clothes and that bikini would have gone too if allowed.
    Chamber of Chains
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Oi , come on , i want that female plate on male toon haha . Male also need to be sexy .
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Personally, i'm all for sexy armor. But there should be an option for people to wear something more realistic and less risque. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Took some screenshots of random peeps in ffxiv at deep dungeon npc: