Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rend Devs Give Insight into Primary & Secondary Classes - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageRend Devs Give Insight into Primary & Secondary Classes - MMORPG.com News

The Rend site has been published that reveals the four character classes coming with the game: Assassin, Soldier, Survivalist and Mystic. What makes Rend different than other ARPGs / survival games is that class isn't chosen at creation, but comes at level two. In addition, players will be able to choose one of the remaining three classes as a secondary. Each point applied in a path, unlocks different tiers of abilities.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bfrazeebfrazee Member UncommonPosts: 6
    seems like they are trying to copy the class system from grim dawn and titan quest, not saying its a bad thing as both of those ARPG's are very good.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    edited April 2017
    I don't get the choose at level 2, 10 seconds into the game

• bfrazeebfrazee Member UncommonPosts: 6
    makes zero difference to me, grim dawn and titan quest made you choose classes later but it was never toted as a selling point like it seems to be here.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I like if its like level 10 or 20 or whatever to start picking your specialization, but level 2 just seemed odd. I know Grim Dawn did it as well, and it seemed kinda dumb
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

Myrdynn said:

I don't get the choose at level 2, 10 seconds into the game

I'm guessing that ties into the faction system, you may not know your faction members, but you are effectively in the same guild. Choosing after joining the game gives you the option to see or ask what everyone is playing. Right at the start no-one would be set yet, so if you care about the number of classes played you'd have to ask what people are going for.